It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Singing Robot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

It is kind of scary. I don't know what is scarier, the voice or the way it looks. I think they should work on making the body move around more. I've seen some robots that move their arms and legs around in more lifelike ways.
edit on 15-10-2010 by jessieg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Never mind. OP was edited.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Nevermind

2nd line
edit on 15-10-2010 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Actually here she is moving around more. I think it looks pretty good, for a robot. At least the legs seem more fluid. They still need to work on how the arms move, because people don't hold their arms so stiffly at the sides. I think given enough time there will be more lifelike androids in the world. I still think most people can tell because they haven't made a good plastic skin for them. They need to actually make the skin look kind of dull or with some imperfections or something. Most people don't have smooth skin that is all one color. They have inperfections, some dull places and some oily places, pores or scars or bumps. I've seen some pretty good computer generated movies, and before you could really tell it was fake because of the way people moved or the way their skin looked, but they are getting better at adding little imperfections that make it look real.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I never understood why they marketed Vocaloid as an actual tool rather than a novelty. The tech is so far off for real world vocal use and I really can't see it changing any time soon. Still, it's inevitable, just a mater of when...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
That is what I call an advancement in robotics!
Thank you for the video.

top topics

join