It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US drones flying over north korea!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
the us is testing new spying drones over north korea do you think its a good idea or will it only make things more tense? opinions wanted.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
here is a link that i found about it
www.spacewar.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
One thing is for sure. The size of this drone is small and it is quite difficult for the North Korean to detect it on radar.

I am afraid that if the NK successfully shot down one of this drone, the tension in the area would rise dramatically. The leader of this country is not exactly the type that you want to mess with. You do not know when he is joking or not

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
do you think they could be doing this to see if north korea has advanced sams and detecting radar?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The USA has used drones in afhghanistan, Iraq, and our borders with mexico to try to keep down the illegal immigration.
I would not be surprised if the USA had them in a country that they fear because of it's bluffs about weaponry.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
seems risky... and yeah, i think its odd they're using drones when satellites should be able to do a good job for most intel purposes. they could be testing sam radar coverage (which would be scary, since it implies maybe preparation for a strike?) or another possibility is they are testing for traces of chemical or nuclear weapons development using spectroscopy?

-koji K.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
seems risky... and yeah, i think its odd they're using drones when satellites should be able to do a good job for most intel purposes. they could be testing sam radar coverage (which would be scary, since it implies maybe preparation for a strike?)
-koji K.

You know, the USA does have rovers and avaition non-manned robots for battle and reconnisence.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
do you think they could be doing this to see if north korea has advanced sams and detecting radar?

That is a possibility. If one drone is shot down, we could figure out who is behind supporting North Korea. I do not think we could tell who but that potential incident could narrow down the list. North Korea now is hesitant to fire because of that if they have SAMs and those tech.

Now is crucial time to do anything before it is too late. This is a chance for the US to figure the defense of the North Korea along the border and their importance infrastructures (how many troops are there, weapons, that sort of things). We have been through two Asian wars and we lost because we underestimated them. This will be a guerilla war on North Korea's soil just like the Vietnam War and the Korean War.. They will not launch a nuclear bomb on their own soil but on South Korea.

As long as US troops get on NK soil, we will be safe from nuclear bombs. But the NK will be waiting for us over there. That is why we are deploying drones right now, we have to see how the defense is over there. Sattelites are no use because they know when they will fly over and they will hide.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:05 PM
link   
If the US just pissed of from the koreas they could live in peace.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   
why is this made public? now the NK knows about it.I doubt they used them

they problably sent them to the troops un south K

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
maybe the drones are a distraction for something even more secret also they could be testing the air defenses for future air strikes on N Korea.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   

maybe the drones are a distraction for something even more secret also they could be testing the air defenses for future air strikes on N Korea.

Good point. May be they'll try out the Aurora or something.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   
it never says in that article that the drones are currently being flown over N. Korea... just that they're test flying them near the boarder.

as for this being a good idea? who knows? N. Korea and the US seem to be trying to one-up each other every week or so in threats and in actions. but i seriously doubt we would attack N. Korea, since it would no doubt provoke the Chinese.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:39 AM
link   
yoou never know what we would do also the chinese better act fast because if the N. korea launches a missile then the Us will retaliate and since N. korea has a border with china the radiation and shockwave will go into china.

West Point
Out

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
well. the U.S. must have its intelligence ( contadicting terms ) so i think its better to use drones. if they were not using drones it would be manned aircraft. so i guess the drones are kinda the lesser of two evils. i think that after i raq and afganistan N. Korea could be our next stop. ( not that i would condone such an action)

Just my opinion

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
After the fact, both sides in the cold war feld that the sattelite surv. served to stablize things. We knew what they had, they knew what we had etc. However, given the general "crazyness" of Kim, who knows how he would react.

Stealthy drones may be the best way to do this without putting our pilots at risk. Also, with us pulling troops out to go to Iraq, they may be keeping a closer tab on things to try to detect any war prep by the NK's

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
ys they could be trying to do that see if north korea might try a an invasion because the US is pulling troops out of iraq you never know.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
One problem is that the US will not pull troops out of Iraq anytime soon. We have about 200,000 soldiers in Iraq right now. And i bet that the military wants to go into N Korea in about a year or two after this . They don't have enough troops to go around so they are doing the draft next year, at least that's what i head. It's a shame that all of our youth and talents are gong to the war efforts

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I'm afraid it's probably a good idea. The reason for making it public is to let NK know exactly what we're up to and what are capabilities are. It's an intimidation factor of what I like to call the new Cold War. The fact is, I think Bush is taking a page out of the Reagan playbook. This is similar to Reagan's Star Wars initiative against the Soviet Union. The Soviets couldn't keep up and finally gave up. I think Bush is doing the same thing, or at least trying to. Demonstrating our ability to put unmanned recon/intel planes over NK would make it extremely difficult for them to hide anything. While satellites can gather detailed info, their ability for continuous real time data is limited. The plane on the other hand is realtime, controllable and can reverse direction when something interesting is spotted. If the North shoots one down, well, they'll know we weren't just bluffing.

TPL

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   

yoou never know what we would do also the chinese better act fast because if the N. korea launches a missile then the Us will retaliate and since N. korea has a border with china the radiation and shockwave will go into china.

Shockwave in China would be small, and the radiation might not reach China, depending in the direction of the wind.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join