It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Fleet Over Moscow?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted or not before; This youtube vid is from the 13th... but the uploader claims "it's not my video".

Thoughts?

edit on 15/10/1010 by Monts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Something went wrong - nothing to reply to here. Patiently waiting and curious.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

That was strange when I opened the thread it was a blank - no message or video. So I will back up and read now.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

Might have had issues making this thread... but should be fixed.

Working now???

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Sky lanterns and originally posted on youtube in May of 2009
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This is a video from april 29th 2009
www.youtube.com...

This and many others get reposted with dates of "new sightings" so as to increase the hype and gets views.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I've seen nearly identical flights of lanterns here in Prague and even videoed some just to see how they look on video. They look like that video you've posted. It's not uncommon for groups of them to be released together, especially if there's been a wedding or some such celebration.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by badmoviefan
This is a video from april 29th 2009
www.youtube.com...

This and many others get reposted with dates of "new sightings" so as to increase the hype and gets views.

Ahhh thanks for that.

I was questioning it right from the start as the video was only dated "october 2010" and there was basically no video description other than that it wasn't the poster's video.

My suspicion was well founded

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Either Moscow is having the same event over and over again or.....this video is at least, a year old if not older.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I dont think anyone can say with ANY certainy that those are lanterns or anything else for that matter. It does look very interesting that they appear to be just hovering. to me it seems that at the apparent altitude they are at in the vid, the wind would have the lanterns moving quickly and dispersing rapidly. But then they are just after all lights in the sky, so unless they shoot beams of energy at us or drop lil aliens out of them, they will remain a mystery.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

A little suspicion is a good thing.
One of the positives to posting videos of this type is that it (hopefully) helps more members to be better informed about the more mundane objects that drift across our skies. And it's very true that these vids sometimes get re-posted on youtube and other such places just to garner views.

I'm sure we'd still love to see one that is big, clear, utterly inexplicable, obviously flying and maneuverable, and possibly not of human origin. (Though the latter's not an essential requirement in my book.)

By the way, if the cat wants a cheeseburger, okay, but hold the mayo...

Mike

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by dreadphil

For my part, I'm just saying that they look identical to flights of lanterns that I have seen, which in at least one case I knew for sure were lanterns because I watched them rise into the air from a nearby park. So okay, while it could be argued that we can't be certain, I can only say that if they look like Chinese lanterns and behave like them, the chances are very good that that is what they are.

Regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, that took you till the fourth reply to post? You are getting slow!

This thread is now closed. (I wish)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

simply out of curiosity, and am not saying this video is anything but lanterns. buuut if lanterns are that high in the sky, then how come they are'nt blowing around up there? cant laterns be easily faked but just as easily broken because of strong winds?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
First of all, no one knows if they are chinese lanterns, they certainly look like chinese lanterns, but we don't know for a fact..

second of all, can't people use the search bar? why are multiple people making threads about this exact same thing?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Probably lanterns.

Even though the camera is all over the place (when will people learn to use an object to steady their filming-arm?) you can tell they all just drift away in the same direction. Can UFOs do this, sure. Can sky lanterns do this, sure. which is more probable? Lanterns imo.

If there was ANY kind of light intensity change, or color change, or apparent velocity change, or direction change then my opinion would... change
I saw none of these qualifiers, so I remain skeptical of this one.

The unaided human eye can see the light from a lit candle up to 3.5 miles (5.6km) away in the dark..... just sayin.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Monts

Monts.....

Unfortunately, there is a current thread about this:

Video of UFO's over Moscow, Russia

Also unfortunately, that thread is a duplicate of at least one other thread that I can recall.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by achaiah86

As I said in my earlier post, I've seen flights of lanterns here in Prague and even observed them being released from a nearby park. From there, they slowly drifted up and away and it was a couple of minutes at least before they were lost to view.

How much and how fast such lanterns drift is dependent on the local atmospheric conditions, and it is not correct to assume that there will be strong winds all the time in every city-based location. Perhaps there are where you live, but that doesn't apply everywhere and is certainly not the case where I live. Besides, it's not much fun releasing lanterns in a strong wind. They blow away too quickly. Most of the ones I've seen over Prague were released on nights where the air was near to dead calm.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
A fleet would be interesting. Maybe it's russian aircraft?

top topics

join