It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you seen Fahrenheit 9/11 Please post your review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
First I would like to thank Michael Moore for not showing the planes hitting the towers again.
I found the movie to be full of facts. A must see movie.
The most up setting scenes was of the dead baby. I as a woman found this most up setting.
It was disturbing to see the marines recruiters going to what is thought to be the poor mall to get so called poor people to join up.
Even more disturbing was the oregon trooper guarding a 100 miles of coast line only part time.

I could go on and on and pick the movie apart piece by piece but I am not going to do that.
Another thing that bugged me was the fact that out of 15 theaters only one was showing this movie while four was showing the Tom Hanks movie. And yes Fahrenheit 9/11 was sold out for the 4:15 showing. AMC made a bad choice and they lost alot of money.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I saw it yesterday morning, first showing in my city. LOVED IT.
A roaring applause by the audience when it ended.

It was at AMC theater in Newport, KY.

The only real review I could give of this movie is that I hope the COUNTRY goes to see it. Hopefully it will light a fire under our ignorant asses and cause for some great changes in the near future.

When the woman was explaining how "she thought she knew, but knows she had no clue" I was thinking to myself, shes by no means alone and hopefully that sentence will grab a lot of people.

BRAVO MICHAEL MOORE!

I hope Moore starts working on Kerry next considering he is going to be the next Prez and we all know he and Bush are both S&Bmen....

Only time will tell.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Just got back from seeing it in downtown Columbus. The show was sold out. I did not know what to think going into the movie. I had read both positive and negative movie reviews and the opinions from people on this board. I personally liked the movie a lot. I think it showed a good insight into the people who govern America. The movie theater exploded in applauses and cheers after the show had ended.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Here in Berkeley- the applause was through the entire movie- I also want to thank Mike Moore for not showing the towers being hit and collapsing. I thought it to be in good taste, even the humor.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Saw this movie here on opening night, I must say it was a very very interesting movie the reaction of the Canadian crowd was one that I pretty much expected every time Moore showed GW there was laughter I must say he did a good job splicing together clips of GW and his Camrade's at their worst. As for facts there were some that I found very interesting many of them however were stuff that the average reader, visitor of this site, coast to coast listener would know. There was noticable sobbing during the mother reading her sons last letter and a roaring ovation at the end of the movie. All in all i thought this was a well put together movie I enjoyed it even more because it wasn't the type of thing where moore came up with some idea and decided to make a film about it, he pretty much just showed us what was true. As a conservative I would liked to have seen more on the idea of how our supposed enemies were created rather than trying to get the point over that war is bad by simply showing civilians and soldiers getting blown up. In total I'd say moore did a good job and it's important people see this movie both in the US and in Canada. I would be interested to know if there were any differences between the two versions I read something about part of the movie containing scenes of Bush and his cronies as the films appeared like Hitler but those weren't seen in this version.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I saw it today, and it was pretty much as I expected - a light introduction to the subject fitting for the intended audience.

It did seem like a propaganda piece, but that doesn't detract from the purpose, which is legitimate IMO - to expose the US Government as liars and corrupt, and that the invasion of Iraq was both unjustified and immoral.

It felt like a little Lesson 101 in post-9/11 events - as if was a VH-1 Behind The Music.

For any of us who take an interest (i.e. members of this forum), then the film might have seemed sensationalistic and bordering on patronising, but I think we are in the minority, and Michael Moore has stuck simply to the subject of the illegitimacy of the invasion of Iraq, and made a piece that can hopefully reach the masses, and spur them on to go deeper into the rabbit hole (to use a term already over-used!)

Of course, realistically, I expected the masses to still be snoozing away, even if they did see the movie, but we can always hope, right

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I just saw it. I can't say I was amazed by all the facts, I new most of it already.

The first 45-60 minutes are the best, after that it's all about anti-war; crying mothers who lost their children for lies. How horrible as it must be for them, it's nothing but cheap, easy anti-war propaganda, nothing more, nothing less.
I hoped for more thorough research into what happened during the months/years before 9/11. More info about CIA/NSA reports on Osama, unfortunately, all Moore had to ay about the months before 9/11 was that Bush was on vacation 42 (or 43) percent of the time...

I hope someone will make a better documentary on what happened the months before 9/11. Still, its a must see for both democrats and republicans.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
The movie was trash propaganda. Only the radical left and foreigners who hate America will like this. That loon, Michael Moore, admits that he lied and mislead in the film just to 'wake America up'. He's an idiot. The film stinks. It isn't a documentary. It's unsubstantiated lies and anti-American propaganda. Totally unbelievable. My review =

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This movie SUCKED! I'm amazed that the sheeple really think that this film is a documentary... especially when so many facts are wrong and so much of the movie is staged. I have no doubt that the hate-America and extreme liberals will love this tripe. God help us all if anyone puts any credence into what this cretin produces.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
REVIEW OF MICHAEL MOORE'S FAHRENHEIT 9-11

I went to see Fahrenheit 9-11 on Monday night (28 June 2004) in Miami just to see what all the fuss was about...... and to my "shock and awe" the only seats available were for the 10:50pm showing....2500 people showed up, and I just barely managed to get a seat. The film lasted until after 1 in the morning.

This was Late Monday Night--- and the theatre was packed to the rafters. Now that tells you something about this Film....!!

The average age of the men and women in the audience? I would say "about 23 years old" (way younger that I had anticipated) and it was an experience to see so many young people glued to their seats the whole time without so much as a fidget (which also should tell you something about the film).

Was Fahrenheit 9-11 nothing but strung-together anti-Bush Propaganda?

Well, yes....and no. Moore did string together a great deal of "hard news" information which was kept OUT of the American Press: e.g. the number of dead and mutilated Iraqi civilians, especially young children, are actually shown IN COLOUR often with their body parts blown out, we see the anguish on the face of several Iraqi mothers who've lost their entire family in the bombing (asking Why are you Doing This to Us? What did WE do to YOU Americans?): also, there are hints to the Iraqi Prisoner Abuse Scandal which violated the 4th Geneva Convention which left the audience visibly shaken.

Moore also showed the unmistakeable fact that throughout the heavy March-April 2003 bombings, the US deliberately targeted Iraqi civilian locations (e.g. marketplaces, schools, banks, libraries, and other "civilian infrastructures" meant to emotionally paralyse the already "economically sanctioined" Iraqi population and "bomb them back" a few technological centuries), and Moore included a touching human interest in the story involving a "real life" Flint, Michigan "patriotic flag waiving" American mother whose son was killed in action.

Michael Moore is of course also from Flint MI, and so the implication is that this whole mess has touched him personally.

Moore's clever (and sometime cruel) splicing-together of interviews pepper the film (at one point, Moore approaches some US congressmen with young adult children to ask them to get their "kids" to sign up for duty) and the looks on the congressmen's faces speaks volumes about the double standard of the ruling elite in this country.

This is the kind of brave "journalism" effect which clearly was one of the highlights of the film.

But, by the same token, Mr Moore left a good bit of the hard facts of the "larger" story OUT which would have produced a counter-visceral reaction (e.g. Moore's choice deliberately NOT to show visuals of the hijacked planes crashing into the World Trade Center in NYC).

Also curiously absent from Moore's film was any referecne to Israel, and especially the FIVE LAUGHING ISRAELI MOSSAD AGENTS who were arrested the morning of 9-11 perched atop the adjacent bldg to the WTC taking pictures of the event as it happened.

Transcripts of their detention and interrogation by the FBI and CIA are now classified TOP SECRET by the US Govt, as are ANY Israeli links to 9-11, are "Classified Top Secret: National Security Issue") and apparently involved the socalled "Babylonian Exile" term "Operation Shekinah"(which Americans have re-named Shock-And-Awe)

But he DID mention the FACT that 11 out of ther 15 hijackers were SAUDIs (and NONE were in fact, Iraqis) and showed a number of times the "doublespeak" (read: lies) of the US government (including Ms Condoleeza Rice, Mr Wolfowitz, Mr Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld) on the pseudo-connection between Saddam Hussein and 9-11, as well as the socalled Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs) and the "pending threat" to the US of Iraq and Al-Qaida which they all claimed for half a year ad nauseam were somehow in cahoots.

The lies of the present Administration were exposed again and again, something which the US press has been loathe to point out with any vigour until fairly recently.

Also featured in the film was the Bush Family's disturbing and long-standing Saudi connection (generally avoided in the US press) and the fact that several prominent members of the (Saudi born) Bin Laden family were allowed special transportation to leave the US on 9-13 at a time when US citizens were grounded, and the fact that the Bin Ladens were allowed to leave the country without being interrogated by the CIA or the FBI raises some disturbing questions about Bush and his "PNAC" circle of oilmen.

Moore however "mysteriously" left out Bush' s "Masonic" Skull and Bones Connection at Yale University (both Kerry and Bush are members of that Elite Establishment which boasts a number of corporate and high level political leaders in the US): that would have added a little credibility to his film, but may have tarnished Kerry and the Democratic ticket...it seems Moore wants specifically to reveal ONLY the dirt on proBush Republicans

On balance was actually kind of a refreshing to see another view (knowing that the editing was deliberately provacative in advance), that is, apart from all the blind pro-war, blind pro-Zionist, blind pro-Bush propaganda that Americans have been subjected to since before the invasion of Iraq in the US "news" (or rather, Dis-InfoTainment) over the 5 corporate controlled major news media outlets (e.g. CBS NBC ABC CNN FOX, which means ONLY 5 Corporations control almost ALL of the "News" that passes over the airwaves in the US).

The impression one has while leaving the theatre is: the American people have been duped (again!) and lied-to by an Administration who cares nothing for the Truth, or else feels the average American "can't handle the truth" about our real reasons for being over there in the first place in the 21st century : O-I-L.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
My Review:

It was very good, much more professional than I thought it would be. Even the comedy that was in it was done well and without getting out of hand IMO. More of just something to keep it from being to depressing or dry.

Most of the stuff covered was stuff I've seen around here in abundance. Personally I felt the most interesting aspect was watching 'them' personally shooting themselves in the foot instead of having someone else explain it second hand or reading about it in an online article or news paper or whatever.

For those who are already well informed most of it will be known already. For those less familiar with the 'who's who' in politics today it will be a nice wake up call.

All in all though it was worth seeing whatever your political stance may be.

My Advice:
DON'T TAKE ADVICE FROM OTHERS!!!
SEE IT FOR YOURSELF!!

My Observation:
I've noticed that those who have taken the time to see the film for themselves and judge it in a way that is as unbiased as possible do seem to be rather pleased with it. Even those who have some disagreement with the films content or presentation, still seem to have an overall positive response to it. Most often recommending that others also see it themselves.

On the other hand, those who have not seen it, refuse to see it, or simply have personal problems with Moore himself all seem to be screaming 'Propaganda' 'Lies' 'Anti-American' etc. They often make personal attacks at Moore like immature children or bitter liars who've been exposed and have nothing left except to hurl their pointless angry opinions around in hopes that someone will listen. They also make unsubstantiated claims that the movie is Insulting to America, Leftist Propaganda, Deceptive Lies which Moore Fabricated, and so forth in hopes that maybe someone will believe them and avoid seeing the movie.

IMO, it seems that one of those two sides is recommending you exercise your own ability to judge reality on your own, while the other is screaming 'Run for your life it's the Boogey Man!!' as if hoping to hide something from you. Of course that's just how I see it.

EDIT: Good post Amadeus!!

[edit on 29-6-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amadeus

Was Fahrenheit 9-11 nothing but strung-together anti-Bush Propaganda?

Also curiously absent from Moore's film was any referecne to Israel, and especially the FIVE LAUGHING ISRAELI MOSSAD AGENTS who were arrested the morning of 9-11 perched atop the adjacent bldg to the WTC taking pictures of the event as it happened.

Transcripts of their detention and interrogation by the FBI and CIA are now classified TOP SECRET by the US Govt, as are ANY Israeli links to 9-11, are "Classified Top Secret: National Security Issue") and apparently involved the socalled "Babylonian Exile" term "Operation Shekinah"(which Americans have re-named Shock-And-Awe)

But he DID mention the FACT that 11 out of ther 15 hijackers were SAUDIs (and NONE were in fact, Iraqis) and showed a number of times the "doublespeak" (read: lies) of the US government (including Ms Condoleeza Rice, Mr Wolfowitz, Mr Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld) on the pseudo-connection between Saddam Hussein and 9-11, as well as the socalled Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs) and the "pending threat" to the US of Iraq and Al-Qaida which they all claimed for half a year ad nauseam were somehow in cahoots.

Also featured in the film was the Bush Family's disturbing and long-standing Saudi connection and the fact that several prominent members of the (Saudi born) Bin Laden family were allowed special transportation to leave the US on 9-13 , and the fact that the Bin Ladens were allowed to leave the country without being interrogated by the CIA or the FBI raises some disturbing questions about Bush and his "PNAC" circle of oilmen.

Moore however "mysteriously" left out Bush' s "Masonic" Skull and Bones Connection at Yale University

The impression one has while leaving the theatre is: the American people have been duped (again!) and lied-to by an Administration who cares nothing for the Truth, or else feels the average American "can't handle the truth" about our real reasons for being over there in the first place in the 21st century : O-I-L.

Ok i'm stumped too............

Pakastani journalist interviewed Osama and he said he had nothing to do with 9-11, he says he's not lying because he's into the Islam religion thing.
And thats not what Islam people do... Lie...

He said there is a government within our government and our government is lying to us. He said there are many well funded organizations in the U.S, and he said our government should look at the Israeli organization...

He said there are jews running this country. He said to look at the agencies within the gov that got billions of dollars worth funding to keep it going. He said those are the agencies we should be looking at...

I'll get the interview... Although I despise him, he brings up interesting points..

And why were those Israeli Mossad's laughing when it happened???
What don't we know about this?
I say some ATSers start an investigation... Keep it fair and balanced...
Anybody want to research with me?

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I sat in that theater and listened to the horror of 3000 of my fellow Americans bieng killed. I clutched my wifes hand and cried. Watched the photos and listened to the people who lost someone that day. At that point the anger in me swelled to a point that I wanted to do whatever it took to make sure that EVERY person remembers the act that occured on 9/11 and that it never happens again. How many people still have those flags flying in front of their homes? are they still selling out on E-Bay?

This is after teh first 10 minutes.....

Now, with a little bit of research and Google, there are lots of Links between the Bush family and Saudis and AL Qeada and the Taliban and such. It was like the movie stated, "which one of my friends screwed me?"This is big business mixing a little too heavy into the Politcal infrastrututre of America. It seemed to me a parody of how America is not run by the people right now, but by corporations. I mean, it sucks to say it, but someone always profits from a War and Moore is pointing it out. It is just the that Bush family has been profiting for Oil/gov't contracts/board seats since early in the last century. I will vote Bush this year because we need someone with balls in this day and age to stand up to the threat of terrorism. (It still baffles me that people think our own gov't caused 9/11) and nothing that MOore showed would sway that. I did not feel it was a Bush bashing film at all Now, if it was done in Claymation, maybe, but people, those were real clips.

As far as the war, there was no true justification and the movie pointed that out, and the Coalition of the Willing (cue bad music) is still looking for the WMD. I will support our troops till they all come home. THe footage of the soldiers was tough to watch. Lots of those kids just want to come home, others think it is a videogame( THe tank guys) and confusion seemed abundant.

The point in the movie of the Iraqi grandmother crying was more chilling to me than the American woman who lost her son in Iraq. I felt she is the typicla hypocritcal bandwagon American. I am sorry you lost your son to a war you suddnely do not believe in after it has put your children through college and helped take the burden from you.

I also have to say it would suck to have Santa visis in Baghdad.

Good Movie, a little slant, but if you have half a brain you should walk away wtih some good conversation at work the next day.

PS hats off to Moore for not showing the plane impact....

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
i saw f 9/11 and wow. it made me so happy to see all of these things coming out to the masses. in my opinion it really only scratched the surface, but also imo it scratched it just enough to get MORE people thinking.

i will be seeing f 9/11 again to make sure i catch everything.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
For anyone that is up on politics and watches more than one news channel and reads more than one newspaper (ie - not just ones you agree with), nothing new will be revealed by the movie. Every assertion that Moore makes has been reported on by major media outlets already. The difference is that he put it all together in a more or less cohesive vehicle. A lot of "head in the sand" types will be stunned by the film and will either vow to vote against Bush or completely ignore it.

It is also important to note that the film is not pro-Democrat or pro-left. It is merely anti-Bush. Be careful not to confuse the two.

new topics

top topics

join