It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. Pastor wins car for cancelling Quran burning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Fla. Pastor wins car for cancelling Quran burning

news.yahoo.com

SOUTH BRUNSWICK, N.J. – A New Jersey car dealer plans to keep his word after offering Florida pastor Terry Jones a new car if he promised to not burn a Quran.

Car dealer Brad Benson made the offer in one of his dealership's quirky radio ads, which focus more on current events than cars. But he was surprised when a representative for Jones called to collect the 2011 Hyundai Accent, which retails for $14,200.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com
www.tennessean.com

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If this is in the wrong section, mods feel free to move it. Wow seriously? Now we have to persuade people with nice things so they don't do something bad or stupid? Is this what America has come to? Maybe this was the Pastor's goal all along but then again, he doesn't look or sound very smart so I doubt he planned to get a reward ahead of time. This reminds me of a time back in high school, 2 kids in my class rarely ever came to school, and the principal promised them a pizza party if they attended the rest of the year that we had left which was like 2 months.

Amazing what people do these days.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tokyodynamite

Its a Jersey thing.

No, but seriously. Really? Well then, Quran burning, my house, next weekend.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

He's giving the car to a Muslim based women's charity for women in severe need

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Myendica

He's giving the car to a Muslim based women's charity for women in severe need

oh great
now they can attend prayers at the Mosque
a lot faster now than riding the bus.

I call this reward for not burning
the Quran as a religious bribe.
Nothing more.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   
There is going to be alot of reading far too much into this.

Benson puts on "Idiot award" commercial wherein he offers a car if the pastor doesn't burn korans.

Pastor doesn't burn korans and later finds out about commercial.

Benson receives call from representative of pastor looking to obtain car and donate to charity.

Quirky commercial -> quirky reality.

Just laugh guys; there is nothing sinister here.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
But still, why should you give him a reward for something he didn't do. It's not like he benefited the world by saying he was gonna burn the Quran and then end up not doing it. He just stirred up some emotions and gets a reward for it? Who knows if he really is going to give that car to a Muslim Woman's charity anyway.

Kind Regards,
Tokyodynamite

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by tokyodynamite

you are sp right about not sounding very smart.

either a preacher is not very smart or he is a con man, well aware of the con..

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tokyodynamite
But still, why should you give him a reward for something he didn't do. It's not like he benefited the world by saying he was gonna burn the Quran and then end up not doing it. He just stirred up some emotions and gets a reward for it? Who knows if he really is going to give that car to a Muslim Woman's charity anyway.

If he's giving it to the charity then it isn't a reward.

If this is really being covered by the media then I'm sure if he doesn't give it away it will be exposed.

even if the MSM doesn't, someone will.

Besides, it's called being a man. Benson's advertisement promised a car if the pastor didn't go through with the burning. You can keep your word, or you can keep your mouth shut. Benson gets my respect on this one, better than most for manning up.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hmmm....maybe I should stage a bible burning and try to coerce that new car away from pastor Terry Jones.

If he accepts this vehicle, it will certainly go down as one of the biggest d-bag moves in history.

But hey, at least the car dealer is being honorable....who would have ever thought that

new topics

top topics

join