It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government at work: Detroit's Train to Nowhere

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   

This woman is ridiculous in her reasoning. Unfortunately, she is the RULE and not the exception.

That smell you detect is this nation rotting from within.

Compare with this perspective:

edit on 15-10-2010 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
It seems the priority is light rail to give what is left of the suburban populous a ride to sports games.

I guess when you have no industry left, you capitalize on what you do have, and that is the Lions, and the ...what is their baseball team? Or is it Hockey? Yeah, light rail for game travel for a team that you can't even remember the name of.

So, allocate 1/2 Billion Dollars for a light rail. Maybe the collateral damage in this brainless plan will be advertizing the completed rail systeem as a multi-ghost town tour as a vacation alternative.
edit on 15-10-2010 by imd12c4funn because: (no reason given)

(I edited this post because I put a Chicago team name by mistake
edit on 15-10-2010 by imd12c4funn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

The second clip...

Did you view the credits?
Are you advocating this propaganda?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

all I can say is WOW!! I was born and raised in Detroit and the suburbs of Detroit and was a beautiful city then,alot has changed since then and it is politicians of her ilk that has caused the city to go under I think it represents what we are going to see across America in most of our big cities,unemployment through the roof,and nobody seems to care enough to stop this madness,this lady is concerned about the drunks getting home?and the sportsfans?I just don't understand what these politicians are thinking?follow the money trail...........?we need to take our country back.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Originally posted by imd12c4funn
The second clip...

Did you view the credits?
Are you advocating this propaganda?

Advocating?

How did you arrive there?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

Detroit Tigers!!!!!Go Tigers!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Deja Vu.

Houston has a light rail system that goes from downtown to the sports arena as well. It was touted as a method of transport for the inner city dwellers but there weren't enough residents along that route to justify the expense. It was also built down a main thoroughfare and made traffic much worse in that part of town rather than reducing traffic as it was claimed would happen.

It cost half a billion about 6 or 7 years ago (7 miles of rail) and didn't actually go anywhere either until the LAND that was along that route was developed. Strangely enough, the land was mostly owned by wealthy Houston players and politicians who pushed the project and have now reaped a huge windfall off of the rail that was paid for by the tax base. Less than 1% of the citizens who paid for the rail even live close enough to use it. Who would have seen that coming?

Now that stretch of land is heavily populated by high end condos and expensive apartments. The inmates in these expensive developments are mostly mid to high end earners.The less affluent and poor along that route have been pushed out by rising costs and taxes. The remaining poor along that route are finding it harder to stay.

The Right is in the minority in Houston but even when the political base is Left leaning Democrats and the local demographic runs the show, the wealthy get the gravy and the poor get pushed out.

It is all about the money. The politics are just a diversion to keep the rest of us busy and blind until the dirty deeds are already done.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

There's no limit to money?? Umm lol .. I think I see where most of our cities problems arise.. people like her! Someone should tell her the Federal Government might be able to print money, but localities and states cannot!

Anyways..

I actually see what she's trying to say.. I think .. It's worked for a few smaller cities before, where you take light rail to downtown all the way to some more affluent suburb so you can convince the rich people to come downtown.

I don't see that happening to Detroit.

IMO crime is far to great in Detroit for starters, middle class people don't like going where they know they will be mugged, assaulted, robed, etc. Hell first time I drove to Detroit I learned not to park my car downtown lol.

As for the second movie .. I don't know if it was a joke or not.. if it wasn't, it shows the fairy tale beliefs of City Planners .. the Liberal ideology is that if you have enough money, and can spend enough money, all plans work out perfectly, with a one solution answer. Time and again we find that's absolutely false. Within a month all the electric cars and bikes would be stollen, the trains vandalized and no one would even think about riding the public transit system.

Detroit should pump 500m into their school system, and police for high crime areas.

new topics

top topics

join