It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Southend Airport activity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:05 AM
link   
This needs to be moved as I really don't know where it should be.

How can I get to see flight trackers for this airport please?

In the last hour a LOT of aircraft activity here... a few jets, helicopters, light aircraft. We usually only notice a few a day but in the last hour it's been non stop and NOISY.....

Another noisy jet just going over...

edit on 15-10-2010 by yzzyUK because: typo hell

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It's an Airport., what exactly were you expecting?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A smart remark like yours... oops no actually I just wanted the link.

Why do some people feel compelled to be an ass?

Why not do what everyone else did and ignore the thread?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joshuadrooney
It's an Airport., what exactly were you expecting?

Very true its an airport .. i live about 30 mins away from it and i knows it a very small airport, not alot of traffic goes in or out of it. What yzzy was saying its just a bit odd that it has some high traffic today and was asking how he or she could find out whats coming in or out of the airport. Simples

Yzzy any directions from where the air traffic is coming from, im down the road in basildon havent really seen anything out the ordinary. Then again what is ordinary in essex

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

Hiya!

I'm a she

OK normally we get a few Cessna type crafts and the odd prop to Jersey... nothing that makes you stop, know what I mean?

So today about 3 Cessnas [not 100% sure they were them but sounded like flying moped] flew over... Flight path from Airport to over the Bell Pub where we are... Sea bound.

Then almost immediately 2 helicopters followed. I asked hubby if there was an air show in Kent, we googled and no.

Then another couple of flying mopeds went over and at this point hubby went to look outside....... Then as he walked in a really noisy jet went over, a few minutes later a helicopter [may have been same one] flew around the area and off towards the sea.....

Then another jet, a moped and then three jets one after another.... about 150 seater size. I'm no pilot so no 100%

By this time a friend who lives near Priory park sent me a message saying “WTF is going on over there? What's with all the jets?”

That's when I asked on here for the link....... I am nosey and wanted to know what the hoo har was.

Alas Southend Airport wasn't even marked on the map.... then real life took over and I forgot until I read the really helpful post above...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Hmmm very odd being in basildon i dont really see much air traffic for southend not even when the air show is on. But i know exactly where the bell is so i can sort of picture what you just explained. In all my life ive lived here i dont think ive ever seen a JET powered aircraft going into southend its always little 'pop pop' planes
well least im not the only one is essex on here

you tried southend airport website see if that says anythin, i do love a plane, your so lucky being next to an air field (i would call it an airport but it isnt exactly Heathrow)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The website is pants.... Primark pants at that!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

Because I didn't anticipate it would be Mrs Curtain Twitcher and her equally nosy mate having a little moan about planes at an airport (unbelievable!).

top topics

join