It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Focus on Hunger: On 30th World Food Day, 925 Million Still Hungry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

The United Nations says the number of hungry people in the world has gone down by almost 1 million in the last year but the figure still stands at 925 million.

2010 is a significant date in the world's fight against global hunger: it marks 30 years since the first World Food Day and 65 years since the founding of the United Nation's Food and Agriculture Organization.

Progress made

Caroline Hurford is from the U.N.'s World Food Program. She says in the 30 years since the first World Food Day, real progress has been made. According to the Global Hunger Index 2010, the proportion of hungry people in the world has gone down by one quarter since 1990.

But Hurford says some stumbling blocks have been hit in recent years. "There has been a slight dropping off in the number of hungry people in the late 1990s but then it rose again of course during the financial crisis of 2007-2008," she said.

Indian street children eat food at a shanty town in Hyderabad, 13 Oct 2010

Source: www.voanews.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
925 million are still hungry is because of the following causes outlined in the video below.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Are we going to educate these people first... I am tiredofseeing starving people on tv talk about how they lost 5 kids to starvation or malnutrition.
My god people. If you can't feed yourself why would you even have one child, sorry I feel bad but there is now way I am sending money so they can have a meal and reproduce. They more aid we send the more starving kids they will produce.
Food + education = successful living

... Again ts tragic but there are bigger issues than food. There are billions of us on this planet that are fighting for resources. We need to learn how to ration and revive our resources

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I'm quite hungry now and I'm sure that I wasn't included in that statistic. On a more serious note...I agree with one of the comments here. Why continue to reproduce if you can't even feed yourself? Have they no control of themselves? It seems unfortunate that people allow their primitive instincts get the best of them. Oh, well....I only feel sorry for the kids.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ironfalcon

Thats a really good video, makes sense to me.

new topics

top topics

join