It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial but do you think Barrack Obama could be the Anti-Christ as described by Nostradamus?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
It came up in another thread and i did wonder how Barrack Obama managed to get the presidency in the first place with no significant policies. He managed to manipulate people by just asking for change. He seems too good to be true in my opinion. I am not saying this is what i think. Just curious as to whether any of you guys had any similar thoughts.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: Removed all caps title

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:34 AM
link   
nope, it's peoples own stupidity that led to his being elected with vague promises of change. It's like that South Park episode where they're all yelling "Yes we can!" after the election.

anyway, I thought the anti-christ was supposed to perform miracles and bring the world together before the rapture. doesn't look like thats happening, so I'd say, no he's not the (fictional) anti-christ

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
No. Surely the anti christ would actually look like a leader and not another patsy in a long line of patsy's...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   
It is a bit tongue in cheek. Im just trying to stir it up a bit lol. He could be. If he manages this disarmament that he keeps talking about after testing nukes himself then that in itself will be a miracle lol.

If the apocolypse of 2012 does happen, which it won't may i add, he will be the last world leader lol. So i blame him, then we can call him the anti-christ.

Obama gettin elected simply proves how much influence the media has on the world because it was all hype.
Either way I have not been sure about the guy from the start.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Hi jexmo. I think most prophecy only works in hindsight. Meaning, you can chug and plug as many variables to fit prophecies, but you never know for sure until after the event comes to pass.

My friend, I say this with the most positive of intentions. Perhaps you could provide us with the descriptions of the Antichrist, so that we can better discuss if Obama fits such a role.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

not sure if he's the anti-christ is he anti-American? most definitely!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

I'll get on it...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Right...obviously the prophecy is too long to post so i will post small parts and post the link for you guys to browse.

I p189 (cIII-34)
The Antichrist will spend many years working silently behind the
scenes to consolodate his power, and make his appearance onto the
international arena once the structure is in place. He will have
planned carefully and the countries he goes against will be
unprepared for his golden-tongued treachery.
I p 190 (cVIII-77)
The Antichrist is the power behind the scenes, pulling the strings,
and has not yet made his move to reveal himself. He is like a spider
waiting for his time, taking advantage of the world situation to make
his move.
I p 180
When his time comes he will take advantage of the political situation
in a country to rise to power. It will not matter that he is not a
native of the country. He will take advantage of loopholes and
contrive positions. He may aggressively and audaciously seize a
position in a military organization after his uncle dies, for
example.
I p 234 (cI-34)
The Antichrist will foment rebellions within the countries he's aiming
to take over. He will allow the various political splinter groups to
believe he supports their cause, when he is actually playing them
against each other. The countries will turn in on themselves,
weakening them for his outside conquest.

Its not too outrageous to suggest he could be judging by what is written...depending on whether you believe in Nastradamus' prophecies.

and the link:
faqs.cs.uu.nl...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

I don't think so, everybody is supposed to like the antichrist. Nobody likes Obama.

Heck, half the democrats don't even like him.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
No, but I am. My real name is Maybellene. That's be from the book. I came out like magic!
Bowogwogwah!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

No, He's a man.... not a particular popular man but a man all the same.

And books on Nostradamus are the most misquoted and mistranslated out there, behind the Bible of course.
Almost everyone adds their own spin to Nostradamus' quotes and I wouldn't take anything of it seriously.
edit on 15/10/10 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
It will not matter that he is not a native of the country. He will take advantage of loopholes and contrive positions.

This part seems interesting in regards to the questionability of Obama's origin of birth.

The Antichrist will spend many years working silently behind the scenes to consolodate his power, and make his appearance onto the international arena once the structure is in place.

We could correlate this to the fact Obama seemingly came from "nowhere" then jumped right into presidency.

Personally, I love to play the speculation game in regards to most topics. Prophecy... we just don't know until it happens.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Nope. Not popular enough. During his campaign, he was promising, and the idolatry doled out by his supporters is impressive, but his overall approval rating says it can't be him.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   
My wife and I speculate on this all the time and always come to the same conclusion:

He’s just to stupid to be the anti-Christ.

I would be expecting someone slicker.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jexmo

Not at all. Obama cannot be "antichrist" (And bear with me here as I am not a proponent of magical thinking, but, well, when in Rome do as a Roman...) because he lacks the charisma and unifying factors which would be necessary to fulfill the role.

The antichrist would have to be nearly universally loved in order to attain the power necessary. Obama has rabid followers but they are, increasingly, a minority. Obama has polarized his own nation, as well as the world, into two very distinct camps. I don't see any rational way of unifying these factions.

Also the antichrist is supposed to bring peace to the middle east... One look at Iran shows that this isn't going to happen during the Obama Presidency.

Now if you want to discuss Dick Cheney as antichrist... that one I am game for!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JonInMichigan

Maybe it is Hillary! We all think Bill is the slick willie in the family, but maybe it took all these years for Hillary to consolidate her power? Maybe she was pulling Obama's strings all along? She knew of the upcoming epic failure and she knew it was going to be impossible to look good in this first term, so she propped up Obama and let him take the fall, she navigated behind the scenes as Secretary of State, and she built her alliances. Come 2012 she may put on a show and take the Whitehouse!

Ok, sadly, I actually believe what I just typed, except for the anti-Christ part. I do happen to think that Hillary will be the only viable candidate in 2012. Obama has imploded and the Republicans are looking more and more like clowns. Hillary will be almost unopposed!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77078108f1e7.jpg[/atsimg]

I have not ruled it out . LOL really tho..............

posted on Oct, 19 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
How many more of these idiot and moronic posts and threads are there going to be trying to claim Obama as the Antichrist?

THE FAMILY THE ANTICHRIST WILL HAIL FROM HAS YET TO BE CHOSEN SO FOR GODS SAKE NOT EVERY PERSON WHO IS IN EITHER OFFICE NOW OR SOON TO BE IS THE ANTICHRIST!

Give this a rest!

Hook, line, sinker, SUNK!

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Read the whole thread mouth almighty!!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jexmo
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

Read the whole thread mouth almighty!!

I did and do agree with a few other people but this needs to be said as with most unfortunately if they are told the sky is black while really being blue they will insist to the death that it is black. That is the unfortunatcy we are dealing with here. Combat the propaganda machine by launching your very own. As they keep on spewing a few talking points as protocol points we can employ the same tactics but have us use items that are based in reality, truth and logic and reason.

Christianity is still a relatively new concept to the entire Western Hemisphere as it just recently touched down in Central and South America and the Carribean. Let us not also forget about a fact that is that every single nation listed in the Western Hemisphere has at least 2 recognized Holy Faiths that are exclusive to it as the indigenious tribes have thier own, individual, independant holy faith that is practiced by the tribe exclusively and these 250 Holy faiths probally more are in numbers equal to that of the State of New York or California in population. Your maximum number of people to one faith is probally like a few hundered thousand. Tribes in remote places like this number in as low as a couple dozen or so people. 10 - 12.5% of the entire membership of the global holy faiths sits exclusivley and totally in the western hemisphere while Asia holds a whopping 35 - 40%. The rest is divided between Oceania, Europe, Africa, The Pac Rim, Australia.

edit on 21-10-2010 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join