It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT: Tea Party Set to Win Enough Races for Wide Influence!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Nominees have performed better than expected in many cases

Enough Tea Party-supported candidates are running strongly in competitive and Republican-leaning Congressional races that the movement stands a good chance of establishing a sizeable caucus to push its agenda in the House and the Senate, according to a New York Times analysis.

With a little more than two weeks till Election Day, 33 Tea Party-backed candidates are in tossup races or running in House districts that are solidly or leaning Republican, and 8 stand a good or better chance of winning Senate seats.

While the numbers are relatively small, they could exert outsize influence, putting pressure on Republican leaders to carry out promises to significantly cut spending and taxes, to repeal health care legislation and financial regulations passed this year, and to phase out Social Security and Medicare in favor of personal savings accounts.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

"They could exert outsize influence???" Oh NO!!! Lord forbid that anyone knock on the almighty establishment eggshell! Let alone crack it. Much less really damage it. Or even bust it wide open and cook some scrambled eggs.

Oh no, we can't have that now.

How about oh yes they can.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Meh, pardon my cynicism, but I don't expect to see anything change really. There will be the 2-3 month "New Relationship Energy" where everyone will think they are awesome, then they will mutate and become just like everyone else up there.

This is the way it come crumbling down. Not with a party, but with a slow loss of hope.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
yep, the TP is on the move.
where it stops
nobody knows

dont know why this thread
didnt materialize further
but here's a bump
and a flag to help.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I hope they stick to there common sense roots, and not just tout a repub line. Maybe just maybe we could have real leaders, and common sense in the fed. Does anyone else worry that in the next presidential election, that there will be a repub canidate and a tea party? Then they will split the vote in President Obamas favor?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
How many of these Tea Party candidates are actual independents with actual good ideas?

How many are more GOP tools?

Don't anyone go marking their calenders for "freedom" day; this election will change little.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Good points. I'm still gonna hold out hope that it does change.

join