It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moore Bashers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Donguillermo - I stand corrected.
Do you have a light?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Moore really did show the NRA out of character didn't he?

NRA link to get your free "COLD DEAD HANDS" gun over the Internet...

NRA Contest

My favorite part is how you get your free gun on Election Day...just in case.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by RANT]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Honestly, its just another editorial. There have been people so much more extreme than tame little Michael, but nobody pays attention to them because they arent popular. Michael Moore is HUGE in the media, and he did it by breaking in slow with tame films and books, and once hes out there, can take the reins and do what he wants. thats what 911 is, him finally busting out.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
moore's the best thing to happen to your country, while everyone clammers and fights to feed from the giant silver spoon he stands back and questions authority

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by electric squid carpet
moore's the best thing to happen to your country, while everyone clammers and fights to feed from the giant silver spoon he stands back and questions authority

Thats the exact reason Im not in love with him. Too many people complain that we Americans just instantly believe anything the government tells us, that we're being played like fools and no one sees the truth...but suddenly....ANYTHING that comes out of Michael Moore's mouth is instant fact, truth, and genius. Eh??? Seems a little hypocritical, doesnt it?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
no, he just makes sense. He's more human than any-other robotic character ive seen scrambling for money, power or public opinion gracing the worlds t.v sets at the moment. A voice of reason and common sense admist a sea of chaos, confusion and white noise

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
That doesnt mean people should instantly become Michael Moore fans andbelieve everything he says simply because hes questioning the status quo.

THink of it like this: Michael Moore questions big corperate american government and everyone loves him for it. Someone questions Michael Moore, eveyrone hates them for it and thinks of them as stupid, mindless fools who play into the governments hands. Eh?

[edit on 6-28-04 by Scat]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
He's a good man with a heart and common sense, he stands up for what he (and many others) believe in. Sure people get worked up in a frenzy talking about him but he is their ONLY voice with that sort of power and status to get similar messages across on that scale...its like hes jesus or something, he has the guts to continualy stand up against media sh*t storms again and again to make his points heard. He creates much needed ballance.

He certanily learnt from his mistakes in colombine, he was just a little overpassionate back then, you can see that in his tv series too, but i think 911 made him get a little more serious

EDIT: Im sure Michael Moore feels the same way as you when it comes to people jumping on his bandwagon and just simply loving him for being against authority and not truly thinking for themselves

[edit on 28-6-2004 by electric squid carpet]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by infexious
I'm not going to go and see it, not just because the idea of sitting there watching the subject matter bores me but because, really, he's not bringing anything new to the table, just taking an oblique angle on the whole thing.

Just my 2 cents...

Not bringing anything new to the table?!?! How can you possibly say that having not seen the movie?!?!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Ive got noting against Michael Moore or his work, Im just against mindless followers. They follow Michael Moore, they follow the government, they follow Johnn Depp, they follow Jesus, they follow anything that moves.

Mike- do your thing. Everyone else- do your thing too.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I would Suggest Alex Jones's movies for what the bushie's and his bankster friends are really up to.
I have no intention to see moores movie it's old news to me, but when it comes out on CD I will check it out
I do suggest Alex Jones though.

www.infowars.com...

Trailers
America: Destroyed by Design
www.prisonplanet.com...

Police State II: The Takeover
www.prisonplanet.com...

Hard Copy "Black Helicopter Hell"
www.prisonplanet.com...

www.infowars.com...

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Sauron]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Back to the topic at hand.....

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
There is a certain level of extreme hatred and hostility on certain parts of this forum regarding Michael Moore that is a bit mind-boggling.

I find it interesting that to the liberal mind it is allright to bash Hanity or Limbaugh, not to mention the President himself, yet when someone says something critical of Moore (or Tim Robbins, Barbra, Sean Penn, any of the limosine liberals) it is "a bit mind boggling".

Strangely enough as I read this thread, a television news report came on bashing some conservative web site for an ad they started today. There were some prominent Democrats on there (including Mr. Kerry) crying foul about how dirty this ad was and that the President should apologize.

What they didn't say was that most of the offensive footage was lifted from a MoveOn.org add that originially was made to bash the President.

I guess the point here is that it seems a bit hypocritical for anyone that has ever said"I hate Bush" to criticize someone for saying "I hate Moore."

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:34 PM
link   

What they didn't say was that most of the offensive footage was lifted from a MoveOn.org add that originially was made to bash the President.

I think that ad came from a contest in which some individual out there won.

Who said they hate Bush?

Maybe we all should just let the hate get the best of us and go rampaging around the streets telling people to go F themselves because we hate them. Is that what you are advocating? I thought the whole point of this thread was that facts should be presented instead of trying to discredit a movie by calling someone fat and stupid.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cassie Clay
There is a certain level of extreme hatred and hostility on certain parts of this forum regarding Michael Moore that is a bit mind-boggling.
[edit on 26-6-2004 by Cassie Clay]

Well, he should have imagined that this would happen when he called the victims of 9/11 cowards, even those who fought in flight 93, and also called all American idiots, and pricks among other insults.. Sorry, but I am no masochist, some idiot starts insulting me and those who died in 9/11 and I will call him/her what he/she is.

Check this thread, and if you don't believe it because I am anti-Moore, then check the sources and others by yourselves.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
[Who said they hate Bush?

Maybe we all should just let the hate get the best of us and go rampaging around the streets telling people to go F themselves because we hate them. Is that what you are advocating?

Actually quite the opposite. I think it is entirely posible to attack the ideas without attacking the man. But we are all guilty of it at one time or another are we not?

I thought the whole point of this thread was that facts should be presented instead of trying to discredit a movie by calling someone fat and stupid.

Or, to discredit a President by saying his brain is fried?

IMO, Bush's brain is fried. I think he would have a hard time responding quickly if a random question was brought to him. I mean he stumbles enough on his speeches.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your words? Look, the point of this thread is actually to say "Why do people pick on poor ol' Mike." The answer is it's the same reason people pick on Bush, Kerry, or anybody that doesn't fit with their views.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Bullock
Your words? Look, the point of this thread is actually to say "Why do people pick on poor ol' Mike." The answer is it's the same reason people pick on Bush, Kerry, or anybody that doesn't fit with their views.

Actually, I pick on him for being an idiot and a jerk to the American people and those who died in 9/11....also for telling lies, constructing what he calls truth etc, etc.

Bush said Saddam had WMD....many Americans said it was not true, now the UN and Russia say Saddam and Iraq had WMD, still Americans say, its not true... then a moron comes out with a book saying he has all the anwsers and all the truth, meanwhile he insults Americans and those who died because of terrorism, and many Americans still love him and worship him....

Imagine if it was Bush saying these things of our people who died in 9/11.....

[edit on 28-6-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
First of all I support Bush all they way, and I am ok with the patriot act, like it is affeting my life "OH DEAR GOD HELP ME, the govt is spying on me." Big deal, if you have noting to worry about then you should not be afraid. Firstly they would not spy on you unless they had a reason, like if you support the terrorists or use certain keywords, or had a crack coc aine ring. Nothing wrong in my opinion with the Pat. Act. It is better to prevent things before they happen than to wait for them to happen. I have not seen this movie yet, and i could care less. I hope the FEDs raid this michael fellas house and give him a good beating, prefrebally televised. As far as the war in Iraq, we should nuke them, it is much more cost efficient and saves time, and human resources. After the 1991 gulf war saddam was known to have WMD, so i am ok with the invasion, plus we get some oil so that is defiently a plus.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Michael Moore is a LIAR... fat, skinny, purple or green, no matter... he decieves masses for personal gain...yea the all american hero

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSluvDroid
All most of these people CAN do is hurl insults at him and nothing more.

No. We can also post the truth about Moore's lies, his agenda, and his lack of brain cells. Hopefully this will educate people so they will see the truth about this wing nut and not give him one dime of their hard earned money.

fahrenheit..._fact.blogspot.com/

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
www.rightnation.us...

Here is a list of just some of the STUPID and erroneous things Michael Moore has said. Obviously these things tick people off and make us
hate him. He is so hateable ....

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join