It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing the ATS Grimoire - Communal sharing of all wisdom Occult and Paranormal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Occult Novice/Noob here! May Peace be upon all.

Hello, this is directed at no one in particular, just anyone please answer if you have any information or knowledge to my inquiry.

Currently, I am at a "confusing" period in my spirituality. I have gathered understandings from several different sources, and apply what I feel is correct and reject that which I do not agree with. I do not fully understand, nor trust that I have found the absolute truth.

Regardless of belief or understanding I have had direct and personal experience with:

• Out of Body Experience. Nothing trippy, just directed consciousness outside of my body, able to see my physical body and my room from outside of my physical body. Done with fasting, positive thinking, inner peace, and meditating.

• Random and Involuntary telekinesis. Move small objects without touching them if I had the intent to physically touch the object. Happens more often when I am in states of true inner peace and have been engaged in regular Tuesday and Thursday fasting.

• Self Healing. With calm, peace, and love... disregarding fear, pain, and anxiety. I can stop my asthma attacks. Nothing too remarkable with that one, I've read research indicating stress as a trigger to asthma. Most recently and most exciting, I received very deep cuts on my fingers at work this week. I was in a panic because blood was flowing freely and massively. I ran to the restroom and gazed into the cut. I asked my body to stop the bleeding, and I fully vanquished fear and pain. I focused love and calm on the cut. The moment I gained the calm, the blood stopped. Moment of cut to moment of stopped bleeding was less than 2 minutes. The blood did not coagulate. The cut remained fully open and very deep with no signs of blood or coagulation. I went into the breakroom in amazement! I turned off the lights and meditated on my cut for approximately 2-5 minutes. Asking my body to heal the wound. I returned to work, no bandage, no coagulation, and the finger tips still torn wide open. I worked the rest of my shift using my hand normally, and not a single drop of blood or puss came out. The cut never closed or coagulated, just stopped bleeding when I asked.

• Unseen "Entities." Imagination, ghosts, angels, demons, astral entities, I do not know. I have experienced poltergeist activity, shower turning on, cubbard doors open and slam repeatedly, lights turning on and off simultaneously in multiple rooms and out of synch (rules out power failure/shortage). I have seen "entities" that were fully solid and fully human looking disappear in front of my eyes. Once, while meditating, I encountered a red faced, bearded entity that looked similar to the stereotypical portrayal of the devil or a demon.

1.) With listing my personal experiences, how does this relate to the occult and/or the purpose of this thread?

2.) I hold my "foundation" of protection and trust to the Monotheistic God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad. I call on the name "Allah" in times of fear and to invoke protection. Wish to elaborate on this name for power as opposed to Yeshua or Jesus?

3.) I kind of "invented" rituals of protection, meditation, and "creating my reality" from different aspects of Buddhism, Islam, the Bible (not Christianity), Yogic teachings, Eastern and Western Philosophy, Metaphysics, New Age Ideology, different understandings of Oneness, Unity, and God [Creator] actually being everything instead of separate. Is this dangerous to invent methods from aspects of different sources? Is this counter-productive to the Occult?

Thank you, and may all have Peace that have invested any time and/or energy into these words.

posted on Oct, 20 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

First off,forgive me,i don't want to be the one to hijack this thread so to speak,but i feel obligated to help others,so here it goes.

Currently, I am at a "confusing" period in my spirituality. I have gathered understandings from several different sources, and apply what I feel is correct and reject that which I do not agree with. I do not fully understand, nor trust that I have found the absolute truth.

Don't do anything that you are not comfortable doing,it will only interfere with your psychic abilities. Do what feels right to you,and work with that till you are ready to try other things.

• Out of Body Experience. Nothing trippy, just directed consciousness outside of my body, able to see my physical body and my room from outside of my physical body. Done with fasting, positive thinking, inner peace, and meditating.

Get some books on out of the body experience,and read up on it. There are plenty of them out there.

• Random and Involuntary telekinesis. Move small objects without touching them if I had the intent to physically touch the object. Happens more often when I am in states of true inner peace and have been engaged in regular Tuesday and Thursday fasting.

There are many different states of consciousness like Alpha,beta,delta,theta. And you should research this too. We have a much greater potential in altered states.

• Self Healing. With calm, peace, and love...

These things too can result in healing the body and mind.

• Unseen "Entities." Imagination, ghosts, angels, demons, astral entities, I do not know. I have experienced poltergeist activity, shower turning on, cubbard doors open and slam repeatedly, lights turning on and off simultaneously in multiple rooms and out of synch (rules out power failure/shortage). I have seen "entities" that were fully solid and fully human looking disappear in front of my eyes. Once, while meditating, I encountered a red faced, bearded entity that looked similar to the stereotypical portrayal of the devil or a demon.

Psychic energy can be a powerful thing,it can draw entities or leave impressions behind for years. It is not uncommon for ban energy to reap all kinds of havoc on someones home.

1.) With listing my personal experiences, how does this relate to the occult and/or the purpose of this thread?

Unknown means Occult. If you do not understand,than it is unknown,therefore Occult.

2.) I hold my "foundation" of protection and trust to the Monotheistic God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus, and Muhammad. I call on the name "Allah" in times of fear and to invoke protection. Wish to elaborate on this name for power as opposed to Yeshua or Jesus?

The biggest secret here is... No matter what theme,what names,Buddha,Jesus,Allah,they all have virtues,and they are all ascended masters. We can call upon any ascended master for advice, guidance and in the time of trouble. Doesn't matter who you use,its all good.

Is this dangerous to invent methods from aspects of different sources? Is this counter-productive to the Occult?

NO!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deathorgasm
I 've got an enquiry,is it neccessary to believe or pray to any deities/gods/godess when one is interested in the occult and would like to begin the journey for achieving some knowledge?

The more you delve into the occult, you will see that its a mixed bag. If you look long enough you will find the exact flavor that suits the essence of your being. For some people it is worshiping deities and gathering their strength within you, for others it is about nurturing your own inner powers, the power of nature, the list goes on.

I would suggest a healthy dose of multiple different schools of the Occult to begin with. Go into a bookstore and choose several books to start with, the ones that jump out at you the most. Maybe Alchemy, Witch Craft, Druidism, New Age Mumbo-Jumbo. There is a lot of good stuff out there, even some of the new age mumbo jumbo.

Read through them all, and take the 3 that feel the best suited to YOU.

The choice will be obviously pointed out by your own passions. (IE. This is so awesome!)

-G

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
to Sahabi

Hello there,

Sounds like you have a very healthy dose of the paranormal in your life, how heavy duty it might be is still up to further exploration by you.

The occult mystery schools relate to nearly all the paranormal topics that you claim to experience. Quite often when people experience them they are paralyzed by fear of the unknown. An occult mystery school is aimed towards the understanding and working with these instances.

We give power to that which we wish, our belief is everything. No god is stronger then another because they are merely a different face of the same god. Yet obviously if you believe one god is stronger then another you may achieve different results with it. Within our universe all possibilities exist. All gods, all deities.

When you think of Jesus in your mind, the knowing you receive from that name is the measure of power it can deliver for you.

There is nothing wrong with your self made ceremonies, but there is a thought I have been having in regards to what I am about to bring up.

I firmly believe that The more human beings who believe in something, the greater its potency becomes, and this stretches through the barriers of time which is why the Pagan practicers can be so powerful having been worshipped for thousands of years, rivaled only by the main religions of our current societies.

So if you believe in your self made rituals with the upmost certainty - You're in the clear

Do the old ceremonies of our ancestors carry absolute power when coupled with our belief - Definitely.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
first off,i would like to thank Gradius Maximus for replying to my post.The problem is that i live in a muslim country,and finding occult books is rather difficult,so far i have only got the opportunity to read such things over the internet,though i prefer books over digital media.and yes nature does fascinate me and seldom calms me down.it is indeed beautiful.it is just like this qoute i read somewhere,"there is an animal inside all of us that needs to be excercised not exorcised".i wish to learn,and gain more knowledge without being limited by any religion or boundaries.though if there are limits i shall not cross,those will be set by my self..besides the unknown does intriguie almost everyone.
...thanks again.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

.i wish to learn,and gain more knowledge without being limited by any religion or boundaries.though if there are limits i shall not cross,those will be set by my self..besides the unknown does intriguie almost everyone.
...thanks again.

Excellent decisions showing quite a degree of clarity already.

May I suggest Simply-Spirit which offers free simplified methods to experience the bigger picture reality?

If so.. Simply-Spirit

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by deathorgasm

If all else fails, resort to nature as a teacher.

Go out into nature, camping in the woods is a fantastic experience. Attempt this alone and you will notice that wisdom from the earth, trees, animals will appear in your mind - although you will probably think its of your own thought process but if its one thing I've learned to consider most - What is the origin of a thought.

Not all thoughts, but that individual one that sparks inspiration - was it truly yours? Is anything truly ours?

Occult practice isnt all about spells, ghosts, demons.

So far the greatest empowerment from my practice has been an intimate knowledge of the Self. It is when you truly know your self that you become resilient to nearly all forms of malicious Otherworld tendrils and begin the process to releasing your untapped potential as one who works with spirit.

If occult books are a problem in a muslim country try looking for basics to start with like the I Ching or other books that bring awareness to the Self.

-G

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

edit on 21-10-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: double post - delete please

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
why thank you,i would still try to search for any remotely helpful books,i dont really have a nice book in hand and spending the time reading.though i would agree i am not really familiar with the technicalities,but i have experienced many *great moments* in my life aswell.though your further assistance will be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   

why thank you,i would still try to search for any remotely helpful books,i dont really have a nice book in hand and spending the time reading.though i would agree i am not really familiar with the technicalities,but i have experienced many *great moments* in my life aswell.though your further assistance will be greatly appreciated.
''

Many of us here would be more then happy to give you our opinions on matters you would like to discuss.

Experience is infinitely more important then reading a book, I might suggest writing your own book and recording the experiences that you will begin to have when you delve into the occult.

You can read all the books in the world, but until you take that leap into the Otherworld through direct experience knowledge will never fruit into wisdom and it is the wisdom of a human being that is priceless.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gradius Maximus
Many of us here would be more then happy to give you our opinions on matters you would like to discuss.

Experience is infinitely more important then reading a book, I might suggest writing your own book and recording the experiences that you will begin to have when you delve into the occult.

You can read all the books in the world, but until you take that leap into the Otherworld through direct experience knowledge will never fruit into wisdom and it is the wisdom of a human being that is priceless.

Excellent post Gradius.

Thank you for your sound wisdom.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Thank you CASH69 and Gradius Maximus. May Peace be upon you.

I offered my personal experiences because I was curious as to how these experiences actually relate to "Occultist / Pagan / Alchemist / Mystic / Shaman" or the MysterySchools. I don't know much on these subjects, because it seems like information overload! Don't know where to start, too many opinions lost in truths, and just basically, never had any exposure to people in these fields.

All my endeavors have been derived from different aspects of mainstream religion, philosophy, metaphysics, and thought.

I have been a practitioner and follower of Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam at different periods in life. Besides the dogmatic, scriptural, and historical discrepancies... each religion brought me to the same place. Same feelings, same "powers", etc.

Reflecting back, I truly feel that there is a "source" that can be reached by all faiths. I'm starting to believe this "source" is universal, every religion taps into the same exact "source" whether they know it or not. I have tapped into the "source" by following different ideologies, but always I reach that same "source."

I want to know what is this "source"? Besides tapping into it with religion and spirituality, how can I utilize the "source" to it's full potential to better my life? I also want to strengthen and develop my "powers" or experiences.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
Thank you CASH69 and Gradius Maximus. May Peace be upon you.

I offered my personal experiences because I was curious as to how these experiences actually relate to "Occultist / Pagan / Alchemist / Mystic / Shaman" or the MysterySchools. I don't know much on these subjects, because it seems like information overload! Don't know where to start, too many opinions lost in truths, and just basically, never had any exposure to people in these fields.

All my endeavors have been derived from different aspects of mainstream religion, philosophy, metaphysics, and thought.

I have been a practitioner and follower of Buddhism, Christianity, and Islam at different periods in life. Besides the dogmatic, scriptural, and historical discrepancies... each religion brought me to the same place. Same feelings, same "powers", etc.

Reflecting back, I truly feel that there is a "source" that can be reached by all faiths. I'm starting to believe this "source" is universal, every religion taps into the same exact "source" whether they know it or not. I have tapped into the "source" by following different ideologies, but always I reach that same "source."

I want to know what is this "source"? Besides tapping into it with religion and spirituality, how can I utilize the "source" to it's full potential to better my life? I also want to strengthen and develop my "powers" or experiences.

Out of the major religions I would say that Tibetan buddhism is the closest to a type of shamanic/occult mystery school, those monks have some serious mojo.

Source is accessible to all, but we all have custom made blockages which need to be discovered and dealt with in our own way to reach it. Source is what gives me goosebumps, its what pulls my awareness outwards and reminds me that I am the observer of this experience.

I explain source to scientific minds as follows. It is the force that causes the protons and electrons to spin around the nucleus, it is the energy that gives all matter its substance and creates this reality. It is spirit, it is chi, it is nothing and yet it is everything.

Somehow we have forgotten this fact that we owe everything we experience to "Source". Gratitude is the first step towards allowing this energy to flow into your life, I dont think you can "Use it" per say but the truth to me is that for some reason we as a race have turned away from its existence, even though its still flowing in allowing our experience the roaring river it should be has been reduced to a gentle trickle through the creeks.

So I recommend exploring yourself a bit

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Hello again Gradius Maximus. Peace to you.

I enjoyed your articulation of the source/force. I only called it "source" for lack of better term. In my religious times I called it God. At other times I called it me, or us. I just know there is something there, and each path lead to the same destination for me.

In your personal opinion and understanding, what article or school of thought best describes what that something is?

You mentioned the Tibetan monks, but I am assuming that was only in regards to utilizing chi/source/force? It is incredible what many monks achieve. Do you think their level is only attainable through total discipline and abstinence from the worldly distractions? Or can we get to their level and/or beyond living an average, modern American life?

Thank you for your time and energy. I hope my questions are not derailing the thread. I just figured that existence is of the esocteric and occult, because much of the world is torn in disagreement about the subject. I'm just trying to learn of as many different and great ideas of existence, reality, consciousness, and creation as I can. This way I can better sort out what truth is to me. I feel like once I know what the something is, all else will fall into place.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
All of you people's enthusiam with this thread is rather admirable,though i would like to add something if that may be alright.I also write mostly songs.and when i do that,it is a kind of a divine ritual for me,it calms me..it is like i am one with my inner self,but lately,i havent been feeling well in this aspect.It is like i am not attuned with my inner person,no matter how hard i try,how i hard i concentrate or try to meditate myself into the unison.kind of like being detatched from my self,disconnected.would you kind people please share your opinions about this trouble please?

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Advice from a fellow musician,Put down the guitar for a while,it happens to the best of us. You have musicians burnout. Later try a different approach to your music,like different chords,instead of blues try metal. Other things to try,detox,read,get your mind off of things. Psychic energy will get blocked if you are sick or worrying about things too much.

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

edit on 22-10-2010 by CASH69 because: Double Post Sorry!

posted on Oct, 22 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
1.) With the casting of spells and performance of rituals, what are some different examples of "things" that can be accomplished?

2.) What is the thing that gives power to the spells and rituals?

3.) Where does an individual draw power from?

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69

Advice from a fellow musician,Put down the guitar for a while,it happens to the best of us. You have musicians burnout. Later try a different approach to your music,like different chords,instead of blues try metal. Other things to try,detox,read,get your mind off of things. Psychic energy will get blocked if you are sick or worrying about things too much.

Actually i am more of a lyricist and on the editing side.*and vocals*.and i only do metal..
...and it is not like i am worrying bout things too much.it might be the total opposite.like a person whose cut off from achieving higher vibes.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

In your personal opinion and understanding, what article or school of thought best describes what that something is?

You mentioned the Tibetan monks, but I am assuming that was only in regards to utilizing chi/source/force? It is incredible what many monks achieve. Do you think their level is only attainable through total discipline and abstinence from the worldly distractions? Or can we get to their level and/or beyond living an average, modern American life?

In my personal opinion and understanding, shamanism is the closest form of undestanding to what source actually is - The greatest part about this is the multiverse of traditions you have to choose from. I would seek out local shamanic practitioners whose practices appeal to your passions. Just get a feel for what they do as everyone one of them has different rituals and ceremonies but ultimately they are all doing the same things.

If you do not resonate with local practitioners I recommend researching other forms of shamanism that appeal to your spirit and seek it out.

Tibetan monks have reached a very high form of practice through their arts. Theirs is proof of what the pure focused will of a human being is able to achieve spiritually. We will never be able to see the world as a Tibetan does, we have to look at our own life and follow our own mystery school that will teach us who we are in order to reach the plateau, it could be kundalini yoga, meditation, plant teachers, eckart tolle, or a hundred other forms of practice in regards to human spirituality.

A quickening is at hand, you wont have to search far in order to find what it is you seek.

Just be very clear about WHAT you want and I know that that it will present itself to you.

-G

edit on 23-10-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: edit

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join