It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing the ATS Grimoire - Communal sharing of all wisdom Occult and Paranormal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Thanks for that really detailed reply! Again it seems the common themes in relation to preparation of materials, person and place can be identified. I know it is blindingly obvious but my mental processes like things that can be bullet-pointed

You have mentioned before about the importance of respecting the powers that you are calling on; some things shouldn't be invoked for fun or by novices. In your example, would it be fair to say that the steps up to the point where you mention "[calling] on the relevent representation of the God & Goddess to attend [the] ritual" could form a good practical exercise without annoying someone (or something) that you wouldn't want to annoy?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob
Thanks for that really detailed reply! Again it seems the common themes in relation to preparation of materials, person and place can be identified. I know it is blindingly obvious but my mental processes like things that can be bullet-pointed

You have mentioned before about the importance of respecting the powers that you are calling on; some things shouldn't be invoked for fun or by novices. In your example, would it be fair to say that the steps up to the point where you mention "[calling] on the relevent representation of the God & Goddess to attend [the] ritual" could form a good practical exercise without annoying someone (or something) that you wouldn't want to annoy?

Absolutely !

The method I've given is the basic of what I tend to use but of course it is flexible to suit the individual and their purpose.

You don't have to call on a representation of the God & Goddess for every ritual / spellworking ... the important thing is to caste your circle and have the elements protect it and everything (including you) in it.

Woody

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Very good, step-by-step, Woody. This is almost exactly what most who practice Wicca do (not at all implying Wicca is all you're into, of course). I liked that you included the types of oils and anointment one can use as well. I myself don't usually utilize oils or anointment, but to each their own. I had a question for you; when you're calling the quarters do you utilize a wand, or athame at all? I usually do. I also use Grade Gestures for invoking on occasion as well:

• Extend the right hand out and away from the body. Straighten the fingers and turn the palm so it faces left. This is the "Sign of the Zealot Grade", and is used to recognize the Gnome elemental who channel the powers of Earth.

• Hold both left and right arms straight out, making the sign of the cross. Then bend at the elbow so the forearms bend inward, and upward over your head. Face the palms to the heavens. This is the "Sign of the Theoricus Grade", and is used to recognize the Sylph elemental who channel the powers of Air.

• Extend both arms out, again making the sign of the cross. Now bend at the elbows so the forearms come inward above the head. Lock your thumb and pointer fingertips from opposing hands together. This creates an upward-facing triangle between your palms. Hold this triangle above your forehead. This is the "Sign of the Philosophus Grade", and is used to recognize the Salamander elemental who channels the powers of Fire.

• Extend both arms out, again making the sign of the cross. Now bend at the elbows so the forearms come inward, but this time below your chest. Lock your thumb and pointer fingertips from opposing hands together. This creates a downward-facing triangle between your palms. Hold this triangle just below your ribcage. This is the "Sign of the Practicus Grade", and is used to recognize the Undine elemental who channels the powers of Water.

Naturally, the single hand from the Earth, and the space between palms from the rest, is where your energy focal point is during the signs. If the signs are done in unison—one to the next, while turning to face the directions—then a "moment of dispersal" is reached as each old sign ends and the prep for the new begins. I was taught it is at this moment as the mudra breaks that the elemental energy expands out for you, filling the circle, or your temple, or the sacred space, or whatever you have set up.

At the end, I was taught to "roll the ball", a Tai Chi movement where you make an incomplete ring with your hands in front of you. With palms facing in you "cultivate the elemental energy" by rotating your hands up-and-towards you. Then, as you circle them from forehead, down to chest, you flip your palms and "sow the energy" by pushing it out into the world. Give-and-take, Karma, etc.

Thought it might be an interesting practice if you'd never heard of, or done it before.

~ Scribe

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
By the end of this we might have a practical set of training routines! People can follow them to develop the important skills and good habits safely.

This might seem to be deviating from the original idea of the thread, but I'm sure that "getting the fundamentals right" must be one of the most important principles you can pass on

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Hey there Scribe,

I use a wand to call-on the quarters ... I made it myself ... love making wands out of crystals and the driftwood I salvage ... such a theraputic pastime (when I have time to pass that is)

As for the oils ... I used to do quite a lot of Aromatherapy (before it really became as popular as it is nowadays) and I've always had a fondness for them and the mood they ignite when used correctly (relaxing / invigorating / sensual).

Also I cannot use manufactured perfumes ... they give me a headache and make me feel nauseous ... so I created my own 'signature scent' that I've worn for years and it's an equal part blend of 100% pure Patcholi / YlangYlang / Neroli (the earthy / the sweet / and the citrus ... such a great balance).

Woody

edit on 15-10-2010 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
There are also shamanistic rituals that are nice too.
Shaman Rituals and Tools

Cleansing the Sacred Space
First off, the word Shaman, from an ancient Siberian language, translates to "the one who knows." The role of the Shaman is thousands of years old. In ancient times, a Shaman was considered a social, psychological, medical and spiritual healer. There were no doctors or hospitals centuries ago, so the Shaman provided these services to their tribe.

Today, the Shaman serves as a spiritual and psychological healer, whose skills alleviate a host of ills. It is believed that Shamans aid in spiritual healing by building bridges between the material world, the astral underworld, and the energy realms of the sky.

Typically, the Shaman begins a session by standing in the center of the room, and calls on the spirits of the four cardinal directions: South, West, North and East, as well as Mother Earth and Father Sky. This ritual serves to create a sacred space which allows us to enter our quiet, inner world where healing can begin. The Shaman faces in each direction sequentially, blowing scented water from their palm while the archetype for each direction is summoned. These are primordial energy spirits with their own qualities and powers. The archetypes are identified as: South (the serpent), West (the jaguar), North (the hummingbird) and East (the eagle). The last step in creating the space is when the Shaman summons Mother Earth, touching the ground, and finally, Father Sky, as they reach to the heavens.

Opening the Chakras
Shaman rituals typically use smudge stick incense, a wand made of various dried leaves or herbs, which produces fragrant smoke when burned. The shaman ignites the pointed end of the stick and holds it over a bowl of sand. Blowing on the glowing surface creates the fragrant "smoke," which cleanses the sacred space, strengthens energy and helps to balance the Chakras.

Tradition holds that there are 7 major Chakras in descending order: the crown, brow, throat, heart, solar plexus, sacral, and base Chakra. Each is linked to different core issues, where we hold our emotional, genetic and karmic histories, retain our fears and traumas and experience the loss of our true power and voice. A blocked Chakra can cause us to "disconnect" with ourselves and others, and make us physically and/or psychologically ill.

Shaman's Tool Bag
If a Chakra is partially blocked, a quartz crystal is placed on the area where the energy is obstructed. Shamans use different types of crystals for Chakra-balancing and healing. In my case, I believe the Shaman used double-terminated crystals, which have natural terminations (points) on both ends of the cylinder shape. Double-terminated crystals are thought to move energy in two directions at the same time, therefore unblocking negative energy and creating balance.

Bird feathers also appear in the Shaman's bag of tools, and are believed to gather unwanted energy from the body and whisk it away. Feathers provide our connection to the "air" forces, in relation to the four elements -- earth, wind, air and fire. The Shaman chants in a low voice, while making arced motions with the feather while hovering over the chakra, as if to 'scoop out' any negative energy which might obscure the flow.

At the end of the session, the Shaman closes up the chakras one by one, and thanks the spirits of the four cardinal directions. This closes the sacred space. It's interesting to note that even with all the medical advancements we've made, many still rely on ancient wisdom as a tried-and-true practice.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
heres a simplified modern version of necromantic occult principles.

www23.brinkster.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

its hardly cohesive or ground breaking work but its a good place to start if necromancy or sorcery is a path you have an intrest in.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The use of Tools.

In most cases we use tools until we become more aware in our growth and realise we no longer need them, or the rituals that they form a part of.

Now I know that may upset some people, but it's okay too because at some time down the track they will come to the same understanding.

Protection, is another such thing that we use only until we realise via becoming self-empowered that we no longer need it.

But all things can be useful to you on your initial path, so make the best use of them until you don't need them and are tuned-in to your own Knowing.

But, please do not think that the use of tools is the only way you can do things, so don't limit yourself in any way.

Old Druid Maxim, "Never name the well you won't drink from, for one day you will have to."

And, this one says everything in four words, although many as yet do not see the perfection it offers.......

"Truth Against the World"

It means that the bigger picture reality is completely opposed to the way we humans live on this world, and, to our Belief-System constructions that we are so very attached to in order to stay in our Comfort Zones.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

While I tend to agree with you on this, Tayesin, it is not always true. Several of my students possess illnesses, genetic and otherwise, which limit their ability to feel their own energy, or to sense the magickal presences which they are working with. However, in response to these impediments, it seems as though the spirits and deities they work with have taken a fondness for manipulating the tools instead of the atmosphere around these students. In the case of these students it is actually vital for them to continue the use of tools as the tools have become a form of non-verbal communication.

I myself made the mistake of attempting to push them beyond the use of tools, into trusting their external and internal senses fully. This was, of course, before I realized that their psychological and physical conditions limited their ability to sense energy and presences. Once I realized, as they had all along, that the tools were acting as improved communications, I came to the conclusion that tools have always, and will always, have a place in magickal schools and philosophies; regardless of whether or not the magician is capable of tuning into their internal power.

None the less, interested students should be made aware that they may begin to sense and feel their own spirit without the use of tools, and that such occurrences are not uncommon, but perfectly normal evolutions through the Art and Craft. Thanks for posting this.

~ Scribe

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Thanks Scribe.

I can see some souls choosing to have such experiences. And I then think that with more time, in their own way, these same people will find ways to Feel/Know. I certainly agree in these cases it's more effective to use what works for you, until your own ways develop.. which is really what we are assisting them to do without pushing them before they're ready. Easy mistake to make I know and excellent to learn from.

Keep up the good work

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Criteria For Enduring The Otherworld

I have a very broad list of topics that I will be adding to this thread in the days to come, but the first I would like to touch base on is something that will aid the reckless "Sorcerer's Apprentice" should anyone reading this get in an otherworld situation where they are spiraling out of control.

There are many members here who surely will or already have engaged in otherworld contact through instances of accidental means, sheer will power, focused meditations, plant spirit medicines and occult rituals.

Many who cross the threshold are not prepared for the absolute truths that await on the other side - especially the notion that you are completely out of control.

The first and most important step is gathering oneself to surrender to the reality that you are experiencing, it may be plummeting downward, soaring upwards, exploding, imploding, expanding ever outward, shrinking ever inward and an infinite number of other forms. Surrender to the knowing that all is as it should be.

Knowing thyself - When the world slips away and all shifts to darkness or light and becomes unknown - you must have familiar territory from which to state your authority as a human being in the Otherworld. At all costs before any ritual with the Occult that involves the Otherworld, Know yourself inside and out - This is a fundamental necessity.

Wonderfully though, the more time you spend here; the greater you potency becomes as your knowledge of self deepens.

Surrendering to the environment, Holding your ground within your self,

State your purpose "Why are you here" - "Why have you come"

It is unwise to be frolicking merrily through the Otherworld without a specific intention or general purpose.

Time and space does not exist

If possible, get in and get out, should the journey keep you longer then expected or against your will you merely have to reside within your citadel of security that is your "Self" There is a danger in this that was Dramatized in the recent film "Inception". You may lose your resolve and or sanity should you be held in this state of consciousness for prolonged periods of time.

A moment here can be an eternity within the Otherworld...and a mere instant in the otherworld could be hours in this world.

Humility is important if you feel for an instant that the experience is beyond you. Do not hesitate to ask for help.

Eventually, you will return of your own will or through the intervention of spirits. Biting your thumb works well if you can't quite snap back into our reality.

In later threads I will be explaining the assistance of power animals and spirit guides and their application within the Otherworld.

Also outlines will be provided that will instruct people in the basics of Shamanic Journeying so that they will be able to forge a relationship with their own helping spirits for Otherworld and Middle world use

edit on 16-10-2010 by Gradius Maximus because: Grammar

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
As i see my last post wasn´t followed or realized by you all, that i have started such thing in July, here is a exerpt out of the part six of my series...

Basic knowlege VI: „Image + Will = Act“

Allright, This part now will be a much deeper step into the rabbit whole than the last ones.

Tho you really wanna do it, yeah?

I could say you are old enough, but that has nothing to do with age, merely with spiritual level...
You for youself have to decide if you want to read on or first let this one be and read the other ones.

First you have to understand how the whole physical/astral connection works. Clear is that your brain is the connection between them. But what are the catalysts that bring you to the wanted level?
Its really easy when you know it...

Your brain works with PICTURES and ARCHAIC SYMBOLS AND THE WILL to do it, to reach what you want.
Do you have children? Yes? Then read the next example:
Remember when your kid learned to walk or to talk.
When it has done it once, it has the picture of the certain action.
Now put this upon yourself: If you have the will to do it(and thats the harder part! Think how often you had to give your child the braveness to go on...), the brain sends the command through the nerves to the legs and does it! (Here plays the motoric a important role, but the same you can achieve to mental technics.)

So notice:

***Image + Will = Act!***

This is the first important rule! And if you do a bit research on magical subjects you will see that is the pure core of every teaching and culture or ritual...

Do you understand this?

I revealed to you a hidden secret that is the essential basic to everything in this life! You can adopt this to EVERYTHING you do!
It is the basic core of how the spiritual realms work.

Okay let me create an easy understandable example for the spiritual levels...

Imagine you want to do some chakra work.
It is clear that the image you have isn´t the true image. It is just an helpfull picture to giv eyou an impression how the things really are. In fact the chakras are such a high spinning and frequenting energy that it would be impossible to see them how the really are.

Or think about magical rituals...
There are alot crazy symbols, maybe a huge circle on the floor, an altar with many different things, candles and so on...
But you have to understand that every ritual and every set is individual. All these things stand for another analogy that will be connected in that special ritual.
What the practitioner (magican) only does is to collect different analogies for a certain issue.
For example, love:
They would take red candles, roses, the seal of venus, a copper grail/sword/stick, maybe an incense like ylang ylang or rose, a summoning for the venus related angel and many more
Okay now what does he do now with it in a ritual?
The ritual has the purpose to get into a trance-like state and to connect all the stuf he collected.

All the analogies stand for love and now he uses their energy (that is a form of materialistic connection used as an image) to focus ( by will; in this case the ritual) on the main subjects (in this love ritual surely two persons).
Now he sends the energys out and let the universe do the rest (means he has to forget...).

Okay now the rule once again:

***Image + Will (+ Trance) = magical Act***

Visualisation

There are many different ways to train your visualisation and will.

This is an easy exercise to train it:

Take a certain thing that has much details, maybe a rose or another flower (natural things are more detailed).
Now take a seat and relax. lay it in front of your face with a neutral backround behind it (white?). then stare at the thing for a minute without blinking. You cannot? Train your will!
So stare or more gaze, but try to soak up every detail...
Now close your eyes. You will see the flower (or whatever) in imagination. Try to hold the pic aslong as you can.
If it is gone try once again. Eyes open, stare, close look, hold, open, stare, close, hold...

If you are get really good at it, you just have to think about a thing and you will see it with closed eyes (later even with opened eyes...)
You can also train your visualisation by creating a whole scene/plane/dream level inside your phantasy. You surely did this before unconsiusly but now do it by will.
You will advance very quick. I am sure about this...

Will

Now you still have to train your will, better.
This is a bit harder. Your will must be very strong to use it for astral subjects, energyworks or even magical issues.
There are multiple ways to develop your will.
Try with focussing at a little point on the wall for ... lets say 10 min, without blinking!
2-3 meters away. Just sit down as you are comfortable with. And don´t forget to breath!

Two weeks you should need for it (with daily training!)
Then go on to longer times, 20, 30 min.

You really are only limited by your own phantasy with how you can train your will. Set yourself different goals and reach them!
You can only reach that with self discipline and continous training, learn new things like a language and also meditate about focus.
If you betray, you only lie to yourself! Not me...

***Image + Will = Act!*** ***Image + Will = Act!*** ***Image + Will = Act!***

Now let me give you some exercises where you can elaborate what you have just learned (sure you will need some time to understand it fully:

1. Take the „rule“ and make yourself a nice artwork with it in the middle. Maybe find some analogies for them and make a mandala (would like to see them in here!) Now take hang it anywhere you often stare at.
Then make a copy of it and carry it with you everytime. And now search for examples wherever you can. At work, home, daily situations, dreams, meditations, and, and, and...
You will see there is nearly no thing you can´t advance it on...

2. An easy one would be this one:
Sit down and relax yourself. Now close your eyes and raise your arm slowly... What do you feel? Nothing special? Do it slower! Do it again and again, with opened and closed eyes...
Do feel something? Do you notice that you give the impulse by will and the picture of it?

3. This one will be something for more experienced novices:
Chakrca Activation:
Lay down or sit, just do what is more comfortable for you...
Close your eyes and breath deep.

A wonderfull technic is to slowly count til four while breath in, hold for two and breath out til four and so on...
First ground yourself.
Then when you feel a bit relaxed start to full relax your body.

Nice tech:
Start with the feet. Contract all muscles for a second, then relax them. go on with lower legs, then upper legs, then your hip, then belly and your back, breast, throat, face, upper head...
You will feel full relaxation if done right.This will need training but after two three times you will be comfortable with, or you can do it by will...
Now your body is done. If you come so far and didnt sleep in (the first week the hardest) you go deeper.

Still breath deep ...
Imagine a picture you are comfortable with, (i for myself take a down moving staircase) others take an elevator or running/driving/riding downhill...) and count down from ten til zero, whereas every new number comes with a new cycle breating in...
See the numbers anywhere in your scene, like you wish...
When you´re down at zero, feel into you if you have reached the level you want. if not count once more...
If you reached a high theta level you are right!
You will feel it if its okay or not...
If not count once more...

Now imagine your body. You will see it like it is pulsating energy with a glowing light out of it. Now activate your chakras! (You know about them? No? Look here!)
This, you will do through imagination.
Start with the first one.
Which shape you choose is your choice. (I do mine like a lightball connected with me through a hyperbolic "twister"). Take what you are comfortable with...
Focus your conciousness on it. You will see it spins very quick (if not you have a little problem!).
Now imagine a enlightning of it. You give now much energy to it.
Now imagine it opening, like you want. Do it like a camaera lense or a lotus, rose or maybe a stargate opening. You are just limited by your phantasy... (if you have a method you are comfortable with, stay at it as you will need training to do it in an eyes blink...)

You will see that it was opened a certain amount. Put it into this initial position, or you will have some problems or "wonders" the next days...

Now go on with the next, and so on until you reach the highest one...
If done right and gained god training at it, you will be able to control all chakras by will (if you also trained your will and concentration) and achieve different effects, that are connected with this chakra...
Also everybody that only wants to open their third eye, DONT START WITH IT!
You will bring your whole system into disorder! This can bring your whole life into chaos!!! Let this be a warning!
But therefore you will gain full control and harmony into your body and life! Trust me! I do this every day and even work on the stage with it!

If you follow the links down in my signature (the roman numbers) You never need any rituals or helping analogies anymore...
BTW, i came to this occult and magical stuff at the age of seven, studied many teachings and schools, pracised many rituals and magics that worked very well.
After beeing through all the earthly stuff i realized that this is only the lower magic and started with higher magical stuff.
When you come to this point you realize that all the analogies are indeed materialistic helping tools to raise and focus on several frequentive energies. The rituals are the working base for the lower magican/practitioner.
They even aren´t necessary anymore if you trained your will (by enough ritual practice, meditation and other exercises...) and gained enough inside to the different frequentive energies...

See you in there...

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Hey Scribe,I have a few questions for you. What kind of group work do you do,what methods do you use,and what do you recommend for someone that wants to start a group,or a client type working or session?
edit on 16-10-2010 by CASH69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

Well, I tend to not do "Covens" or "Orders" as much anymore because many of my students follow different paths then I do. We're all kind of a communal society really, being the oldest and most knowledgeable I am the Teacher figure, and they the students. But we all continue to study independently, and bring together our experiences for a cumulative work.

So, my advice about "covens" or "orders" would be to not look for one, but to form a cohesive group among your friends and family. Then, start to bring together all of your independent magickal and spiritual aspirations and beliefs. Look for the overlapping elements, and let those be the basis for group work. For instance, say you wanted to do a collective healing spell/rite for a sick loved one:

(1) Are there any overlapping Opening Rites among all of you? We'll pretend you all believe the Qabalistic Cross ritual is a necessity. So you open the rite with the Qabalistic Cross.

(2) Divide up the remaining routines: one person summons the Elements, Quarters, Watchtowers, etc. One person casts the Circle and invited other members into it. One person can even be elected as the "energy cultivator" and their sole purpose in the ritual is to meditate and keep energy consistently in motion. Go through the prep steps, letting each person do their assigned role.

(3) Let the leader take center stage and begin the spell, or ritual, or psychodrama for the actual healing. At this point all associated members become a choir chanting important parts of the spell, or performing exalted actions with the leader.

(4) As with prep rituals, see if their are individuals who would prefer to do certain closing rituals. Maybe someone thanks the Elementals, someone offers wine and cakes. Another person may unbind the circle. Then, as with step 2, let everyone do their role.

(5) Is there a common closing ceremony among everyone? If so, perform it in unison. If not, let each person do their individualized closing rite as the culmination.

Make sense for you? If you have more questions, feel free to ask them or U2U them.

~ Scribe

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
reply to post by CASH69

Well, I tend to not do "Covens" or "Orders" as much anymore because many of my students follow different paths then I do. We're all kind of a communal society really, being the oldest and most knowledgeable I am the Teacher figure, and they the students. But we all continue to study independently, and bring together our experiences for a cumulative work.

So, my advice about "covens" or "orders" would be to not look for one, but to form a cohesive group among your friends and family. Then, start to bring together all of your independent magickal and spiritual aspirations and beliefs. Look for the overlapping elements, and let those be the basis for group work. For instance, say you wanted to do a collective healing spell/rite for a sick loved one:

(1) Are there any overlapping Opening Rites among all of you? We'll pretend you all believe the Qabalistic Cross ritual is a necessity. So you open the rite with the Qabalistic Cross.

(2) Divide up the remaining routines: one person summons the Elements, Quarters, Watchtowers, etc. One person casts the Circle and invited other members into it. One person can even be elected as the "energy cultivator" and their sole purpose in the ritual is to meditate and keep energy consistently in motion. Go through the prep steps, letting each person do their assigned role.

(3) Let the leader take center stage and begin the spell, or ritual, or psychodrama for the actual healing. At this point all associated members become a choir chanting important parts of the spell, or performing exalted actions with the leader.

(4) As with prep rituals, see if their are individuals who would prefer to do certain closing rituals. Maybe someone thanks the Elementals, someone offers wine and cakes. Another person may unbind the circle. Then, as with step 2, let everyone do their role.

(5) Is there a common closing ceremony among everyone? If so, perform it in unison. If not, let each person do their individualized closing rite as the culmination.

Make sense for you? If you have more questions, feel free to ask them or U2U them.

~ Scribe

I absolutely agree with everything you say above ... this is the kind of environment that I learnt most of my basics, in the beginning ... I feel very lucky to have had the opportunity to obtain knowledge and experience from a wide variety of spiritual paths rather than being restricted to one cloistered perspective.

And what made this even more special for me was the fact that these people found me ... I knew one little old lady because she lead the meditation group that I joined ... and she introduced the other to me because they wanted me to talk to them about pastlife memories ... and that one 'chance' meeting set the solid foundations for the path I have trod since then.

It is the best way to find your own level that will remain unique to you.

Woody

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Thank you first off. I understand what you mean by overlapping elements. I tend to use the LBRP and the middle pillar as a prep for any rituals,and to balance,focus and cleanse. I find the Ritual of the Rose Cross is good for a final purification of the environment, Often people will come home and actually ask me,Why does something feel different in here? You can certainly notice the difference in the energy level for sure.

I do have an older friend i study and work with,but he is an older fellow,and i tend to be the teacher. He is a fantastic artist,so that comes in handy sometimes. We have worked together and made a beautiful American Indian Chanupa or sacred pipe.

I like energy work as well,so i use Shamanistic techniques as well like crystal healing,purification ritual,calling on the four directions,vision quest and so on. I just don't have a group to work with right now,but i usually heal and work with people individually when the opportunity presents itself.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69

I like energy work as well,so i use Shamanistic techniques as well like crystal healing,purification ritual,calling on the four directions,vision quest and so on. I just don't have a group to work with right now,but i usually heal and work with people individually when the opportunity presents itself.

Community is everything,

Personally I think that these groups are severely lacking in the world today, the church has served as a community for thousands of years but now the youths turn and walk away alone into the shadows to be swallowed up by the unknown.

We have created a community here in Vancouver B.C that creates conferences and events that host over a hundred people of Shamanic interest and practices. I would like to see more groups like this being created globally where people who are remembering the old ways can come and join together.

Once large groups like this have formed we can create global networks that can begin to muster influence.

Our group has already become large enough and influential enough that we are going to be capable of legal marriages through self appointed "clergy" of shamanic tradition.

As an addition to this Grimoire, I'd like to make the point very clear - Community is a 'priceless' treasure.

Nurture and grow one near you if it is capable of taking root.

Blessings,

-G

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

i agree with you 100%! We have been thinking about finding Native Americans that we can bring in who would be willing to contribute to a community sweat lodge. I have heard and read many positive experiences about the sweat lodge experience. Perhaps people of the same interest here on ATS,could possibly do a little networking together? Start a group? Any ideas are welcome here.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

i agree with you 100%! We have been thinking about finding Native Americans that we can bring in who would be willing to contribute to a community sweat lodge. I have heard and read many positive experiences about the sweat lodge experience. Perhaps people of the same interest here on ATS,could possibly do a little networking together? Start a group? Any ideas are welcome here.

The purification lodge is a more respectful term that is rarely used, but the sweat is a wonderful experience depending on the intent behind it.

Sometimes its a relaxing sauna of community closely huddled together, othertimes its a piercing hot room of chanting men sending out prayers to the universe as warrior brothers. and sometimes its a test of endurance where it feels like your skin is boiling. Its fantastic.

It took hundreds of years for the shaman of Europe to come out of hiding after their destruction, and I hope it doesnt take that long for the shamanic traditions of the Americas to rise from the ashes. The church of the eagle has destroyed much, but you cannot kill what is immortal and that is the spirit of the Occult.

I would encourage people to reach out to their local first nations elders if you live in North America.

They know much more then many realize

-G

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Um, yeah. I mean no disrespect (I don't subscribe to any of the information contained in this thread at all), but for those that do, is it not possible someone could post nefarious information that could, in fact, be utilized by someone ignorant, even if they were handicapped by inexperience and unaware of intent? It's not like I'm concerned, but I'm just saying if someone posts directions on summoning a demon but calls it Nature Meditation Exercise, is all hell gonna break loose ... even if (or maybe because!) the potential summoner doesn't really know what they're doing?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join