It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Writing the ATS Grimoire - Communal sharing of all wisdom Occult and Paranormal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

Cool! thats the kind of stuff this thread needs

Couple of questions if you'll humour me.

What is the ritual meant to do. Bannish evil?

and..

Where did you get it from? I have to get me somore of that.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
This is the second most important exercise of the Maggi.

THE MIDDLE PILLAR EXERCISE,Please follow the instructions at the link,Thank you.

Kether - Yechidah
"AHIH" (pronounced "Eh-he-yeh")

Daath - The Link
"YHVH ALHIM" ("Ye-hoh-voh E-loh-heem") (7)

Tiphareth - Ruach
"YHVH ALOAH ve-DAATH" ("Ye-hoh-voh El-oah ye Da-ath" ) (8)

Yesod - Nephesh
"SHADDAI AL CHAI" ("Shah-dai El Chai") (9)

Malkuth - Body
"ADNI HARTZ" ("Ah-doh-nai ha-Ah-retz")

www.davedavies.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

It is to cleanse and strengthen the aura,protect it and let the other side know you are there.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

Thanks

Im just looking at the site you linked to, plenty of stuff to get stuck in to there

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The third most important.The Rose Cross Ritual. Please follow instructions at the link.www.hermetics.org...

1. Light a stick of incense. Go to the South East corner of the room. Make a large cross and circle thus:

and holding the point of the incense in the center vibrate the word Yeheshuah.

2. With arm outstretched on a level with the centre of the cross, and holding the incense stick, go to the South West corner and make a similar cross, repeating the Word.

3. Go to the North West corner and repeat the cross and the Word.

4. Go to the North East corner and repeat the cross and the Word.

5. Complete your circle by returning to the South East corner and bringing the point of the incense to the central point of the first cross which you should imagine astrally there.

6. Holding the stick on high, go to the centre of the room, walking diagonally across the room towards the North West corner. In the centre of the room, above your head, trace the cross and circle and vibrate the Name.

7. Holding the stick on high, go to the North West and bring the point of the stick down to the centre of the astral cross there.

8. Turn towards the South East and retrace your steps there, but now, holding the incense stick directed across the floor. In the centre of the room, make the cross and circle towards the floor, as it were, under your feet, and vibrate the Name.

9. Complete this circle by returning to the South East and bringing the point of the stick again to the centre of the Cross, then move with arm outstretched to S.W. corner.

10. From the centre of this cross, and, raising stick before, walk diagonally across the room towards the North East corner. In the centre of the room, pick up again the cross above your head previously made, vibrating the Name. It is not necessary to make another cross.

11. Bring the stick to the centre of the North East cross and return to the South West, incense stick down, and pausing in the centre of the room to link up with the cross under your feet.

12. Return to the South West and rest the point of the incense a moment in the centre of the cross there. Holding the stick out, retrace your circle to the North West, link on to the N.W. Cross --- proceed to the N.E. cross and complete your circle by returning to the S.E., and the centre of the first cross.

13. Retrace the cross, but larger, and make a big circle, vibrating for the lower half Yeheshuah, and for the upper half Yehovashah.

14. Return to the centre of the room, and visualise the six crosses in a net-work around you. This ceremony can be concluded by the analysis of the Key-Word given as follows:

1. Stand with arms outstretched in the form of a cross. Face East.

2. Vibrate these words:
I. N. R. I.
Yod-Nun-Resh-Yod
The sign of Osiris Slain.

3. Right arm up, left arm extended out from shoulder, head bowed toward left hand.
L. --- The Sign of the Mourning of Isis.

4. Both arms up in a V shape.
V. --- The Sign of Typhon and Apophis.

5. Arms crossed on breast, head bowed.
X. --- The Sign of Osiris Risen.

6. Make the signs again as you repeat L.V.X.
L.V.X. Lux.

7. Arms folded on breast, head bowed.
The Light of the Cross.

8. Then arms extended in the Sign of Osiris Slain (see 1).
Virgo - Isis - Mighty Mother
Scorpio - Apophis - Destroyer
Sol - Osiris - Slain and Risen

9. Gradually raise arms.
Isis - Apophis - Osiris

10. Arms above head, face raised.
I. A. O.

11. Except when in the Vault, now vibrate the four Tablet of Union Names to equilibriate the Light.
Exarp - Hcoma - Nanta - Biton

12. Aspire to the Light and draw it down over your head to your feet.
Let the Divine Light Descend.

THE USE OF THE ROSE CROSS RITUAL

1. It encloses the aura with a protection against outside influences. It is like a veil. The Pentagrams protect, but they also light up the astral and make entities aware of you. They are more positive for magical working. When much distracted, use the Pentagrams to banish and the Rose-cross to maintain peace.

2. It is a call to another mode of your consciousness and withdraws you from the physical. It is a good preparation for meditation and, combined with the Key-Word, a form of invocation of the Higher Wisdom which is helpful when solving problems or preparing for a difficult interview, or in order to be calm and strong to help another.

3. When you are quite familiar with the Ritual, but most certainly not before, it can be done in imagination while resting or lying down. Part of yourself goes out, and you get all the sensation of walking around your own quiescent body. Used thus, with rhythmic breathing, it will withdraw your mind from pain (if it be not too severe) and release you for sleep. You can do the analysis of the Key-Word standing behind your physical head, and you can call down the Divine White Brilliance, watching it flow over your body and smooth out the tangles in the etheric double, bringing peace and rest.

4. You can do the Ritual with intention to help others in pain or difficulty. For this purpose, you build up an astral image of the person, in the centre of the room, and call down the Light upon him, after surrounding him with the six crosses. When the ceremony is done, command the astral shape you have made to return to the person, bearing with it the peace of Yeheshuah.

5. It is a protection against psychic invasion from the thoughts of others or from disturbed psychic conditions, such as there might be in a place charged with fear, where terrible things had happened.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KrypticCriminal

No problems,good to help you out.

And here's a bonus! I am adding a little Grimoire section of my own! Free Ebooks! Enjoy! www.occult-underground.com...
edit on 15-10-2010 by CASH69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
For a while I had trouble with sleep disturbing spirits ones that give you nightmares,poofter pixies that give you raunchy dreams with a twist you'll be just about doing the wild thing with Beyonce then at the critical moment she'd turn into a toothless grandfather or such and other disturbers I have found a quick wash with sea salt in water will prevent such visits or if you have one will get the spirit to lift off.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Someone has to contribute something for Pete's sake! So here you go!

The Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram

Take a steel dagger in the right hand (or use the index finger). Face EAST.

Perform the Cabbalistic Cross as follows:
Imagine, at the first word intoned, a brilliant white light descend from above.

Touch the forehead and vibrate ATEH (thou art)
Imagine that same brilliant white light form a 6 inch diameter sphere just above the crown of your head.

Touch the middle of the solar plexus and vibrate MALKUTH (Kingdom)
Imagine a shaft of light descending from the Crown Sphere and descend to the feet where another 6 inch sphere expands just under your feet.

Touch the right shoulder and vibrate VE-GEVURAH (and Power)
Imagine a 6 inch sphere of brilliant white light appear just next to the right shoulder.

Touch the left shoulder and vibrate VE-GEDULAH (and Glory)
Imagine a shaft of light emerge from the right Sphere and cross your breast to expand and form another Sphere at your left shoulder.

Clasp the hands before you and vibrate LE-OLAHM (for ever)
At this point imagine clearly the cross of light as it extends through your body.

Hands as before, with the dagger between fingers, point up, vibrate AMEN

Note: Any image or figure traced in the air with the finger, dagger or other magical instrument, is to be imagined in brilliant scintillating white Light. In more advanced working, other colors may be used. Make sure that all images drawn are correct, as brilliant as possible, and complete. The beginning and end of a drawn Pentagram must come completely together.

Draw, in the air facing EAST, a banishing Earth Pentagram as shown in the diagram, and bringing the point of the dagger to the center of the Pentagram, vibrate the Name Y H V H (pronounced YAHD HEY VAU HEY)

Imagine that your voice carries forward to the LIMITS of the UNIVERSE.

Without moving the dagger in any other direction, trace a semicircle before you as you turn toward the SOUTH. Again trace the Pentagram, bring the dagger to the center of it, and vibrate the Name ADNI, (pronounced AH-DOH-NEYE)

Again, trace the semicircle with the dagger to the WEST, trace the Penta- gram, bringing the dagger to the center, and vibrate the Name AHIH, (pronounced EH-YEH)

Then, turn towards the NORTH, while tracing the circle, trace the Pentagram, bring the point of the dagger to the center and vibrate the Name AGLA, (pronounced either AH-GAH-LAH or ATAH GIBOR LE-OLAHM ADONAI)

Return to the EAST, completing tracing the circle of brilliant white Light, bringing the dagger point to the center of the EAST Pentagram.

Extend the arms in the form of a cross, say: BEFORE ME (then vibrate) RAPHAEL (pronounced RAH-PHYE-EHL)
Imagine a scintillating brilliant white Archangel in front of you and facing you. In his/her right hand is a magical Sword held with the point upright. The background is a pale, pure, bright yellow. Cherubs can be imagined near the Archangel. Imagine a gentle, refreshing breeze, cleansing and purifying the air.

Then, say: BEHIND ME (then vibrate) GABRIEL (pronounced GAH-BREE-EHL)
Imagine a scintillating brilliant white Archangel behind you and facing you, holding in their right hand an exquisite silver Chalice. He/she is standing on a Cerulean-blue ocean and dolphins or mermaids are nearby. Imagine feeling the mist and cool spray of the ocean breeze.

Then, say: AT MY RIGHT HAND (then vibrate) MICHAEL (pronounced MEE-CHYE-EHL)
Imagine a scintillating brilliant white Archangel at your right, facing you, and holding in their right hand a transparent scarlet red Wand with a scintillate pure diamond top. Waves of scarlet, red-orange and orange fire in the background. Also, SEKHMET, with a scarlet disk above her head, emerald green Uraeus, scarlet dress from just below breasts, tight-fitting, down to her ankles, is in the flames. She holds, in her left hand, a scarlet-red lotus wand. In her right hand, she holds an emerald-green ankh. Small black salamanders can be seen moving among the flames. Imagine you feel the heat and power emanating from the SOUTH.

Then, say: AT MY LEFT HAND (then vibrate) AURIEL (pronounced AWE-REE-EHL)
Imagine a scintillating brilliant white Archangel at your left, facing you, and holding between their hands a Disk with a scintillating white Pentagram in the center. The ground is russet-brown, the leaves of the trees are olive-green, there are black shadows from the trees in a number of places, and the light is citrine (light yellow-green.) Feel the solidity of the Earth, and imagine the odor of the leaves and muskiness of the ground.

Now, say: ABOUT ME FLAMES THE PENTAGRAMS, AND IN THE COLUMN SHINES THE SIX-RAYED STAR.
Imagine the complete circle of brilliant white light at whose quadrants are the 4 Pentagrams. At the center is the Cabbalistic Cross of Light extended through one's body.

Repeat the Cabbalistic cross, and, according to some occultists, stamp your right foot at the conclusion of the complete operation. The Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram is performed preliminary to any magical operation and precedes the Invoking Ritual of the Pentagram.

Hey there CASH69,

Well, good that you got the party started ... or at least for those who may have already reached an 'Adherent' level ... but don't forget there will be many 'Novices' checking out this thread who know 'jack' about any of this ... but feel drawn to learn.

Therefore I think you (and anyone else who chooses to contribute) should provide 'step by step' details when sharing any ritualistic practice ... to leap straight in and simply assume that the reader will automatically know even the simplest aspects of such practices could be misconstrued as either irresponsible ... egotistical ... or both.

For example; It might be worth editing the post to include details of preparation prior to the ritual ... precautions during the ritual ... cleansing and closing after the ritual.

I'm sure you know as well as I and many others do ... that you never jump straight into a ritual ... and as the post stands it may sound that way to a Novice who reads it.

>>>NOTE

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Agreed,and first post edited. Always study up first before attempting any ritual. Yes i know better,sorry if i offended anyone. I did provide links with further details.

If anyone has any questions,feel free to ask.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why don't we start by breaking down the classifications of Occult wisdom? I see people are already posting the Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, and the Middle Pillar Exercise, but, it seems to me that people have forgotten to really flesh out the basics. There are a few very important things that need to be covered when considering any study of the Occult or the esoteric:

(1) The Origin of the Practices One is Undertaking

• Eastern Mysticism and Asceticism
• Western Occultism and Mysteries

(2) The Systems of Understanding One Will Utilize

• Hermetic Philosophy
• The Holy Qabalah
• Thelema and the magickal Will
• Astrology and it's effectiveness
• Enochiana
• Chakra and Eastern Meditation
• Comparative Mythology
• Ritual Magic
• Ceremonialism
• Demonology and Angeology
• Gnosis and Gnosticism
• Mystery Schools

(3) Various Philosophies One Will have to Contemplate

• Animus / Anima - Male / Female
• Positive / Neutral / Negative
• Higher Self / Human Vessel / Lower Self
• God vs. deities
• Magick vs. Spirituality

I think that before anyone can really start compiling their "wisdom", this thread needs to begin by explaining what exactly the Occult is, and the various means through which someone may partake of the Hidden Knowledge of the Ancients.

That's my two cents at least.

~ Scribe

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CASH69

Agreed,and first post edited. Always study up first before attempting any ritual. Yes i know better,sorry if i offended anyone. I did provide links with further details.

If anyone has any questions,feel free to ask.

Hey there CASH ... I have to be honest I was wondering about you for a minute ... but fair play to you ... I'm duly impressed.

No offense taken by me ... just always aware of the novices and the potential pitfalls they can stumble into ... what can I say ... I'm a natural Earth Mother
and I can see that you are the real deal (thanks for not thinking I was being bossy).

Woody

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwytch
For example; It might be worth editing the post to include details of preparation prior to the ritual ... precautions during the ritual ... cleansing and closing after the ritual.

I'm sure you know as well as I and many others do ... that you never jump straight into a ritual ... and as the post stands it may sound that way to a Novice who reads it.

A question for you, then. Is there a framework that you would propose for any ritual? That is, should there be something that always happens at the beginning, or during, or at the end of any ritual? Generic steps that should always be followed?

Just to add, I have no intention of trying any of this, I just enjoy the process of building up knowledge!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Hey Scribe ... looks like this could be our new home for a while

For anyone that has never met Sribe before ... let me just tell you, this guy really 'walks the walk' and I have a lot of respect for him (and please don't tell him I said this but ... his Occult Knowledge is dazzling)

Woody

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Hello Scribe, I feel these 3 rituals are the basics,although this thread was going no where fast. I think my contribution so far is worthy. It did start turning some heads though fast,lol.
I'm not selfish with my occult knowledge,as some,and i would agree that these subjects you speak of are important,but the adept needs to start somewhere. Most of these subjects can be found in the book The Golden Dawn,other subjects may be found at the link i provided above. The Golden Dawn should be studied by the novice for sure. The occult is a journey,and they couldn't possibly absorb everything from this thread. Those who are willing to study,will learn in time.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Hello again Woody,

Yeah... that "Hidden Hand" thread just got way, way, way to ridiculous for me to handle. I did get rid of their Resident God though, which was my sole goal in entering the fray. So, mission accomplished. I figured I would pull out of that thread before their meandering drivel started to make sense to me. Lo and behold, I noticed this little thread down in the corner of the board. I think I could get used to being in this place for a little while, yes.

Thank you for the compliments, I'm honored by such respect. I'm just a mirror though, no where near what the real Masters of the Art are capable of. I just do my best to dispel illusions, quiet rumors, and shine a light on the realities of these psychological, magickal, spiritual, and religious practices. I think we both learn from each other all the time, and I'm glad to see you on this thread too.

If you'll permit it, I'd like to tackle a question posed to you:

A question for you, then. Is there a framework that you would propose for any ritual? That is, should there be something that always happens at the beginning, or during, or at the end of any ritual? Generic steps that should always be followed?

Not necessarily. There are ritual preps and guidelines among certain schools. For instance, the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn opens every ritual they perform by performing 2 smaller rituals:

(1) The Qabalistic Cross Ritual
(2) The Lesser Ritual of the Pentagram

However, some people also prefer a variety of other practices before they really get into a ritual:

(1) Inward Meditation to cleanse the mind
(2) Reiving to clean the sacred space
(3) A bath to clean the physical body
(4) Use of mood-setting music appropriate for the ritual
(5) Incense and candles that help you disconnect and calm down

As well, some simple steps most often overlook can also be taken:

(1) Script your spell / ritual so you don't panic trying to remember it all
(2) Casting a circle of protection if you're nervous
(3) Practicing and building up personal power in mudras / gestures in case you feel threatened

Finally, some magickal applications come with their own sets of precautions and exercises to practice. If you're working from the work of another, it would be wise to familiarize yourself with their step-by-step process. If you've written your own ritual, it would be wise to make sure you include a step-by-step of everything you'd need to feel calm and in control.

~ Scribe

edit on 15/10/10 by Wandering Scribe because: Correcting BBCode

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CASH69

I'm not chastising your approach at all, Cash. Quite the opposite, the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram and the Middle Pillar Exercise, along with the Qabalistic Cross are all very potent exercises and can help a fledgling adept really find their confidence in the Art or the Craft.

Perhaps some videos by people who practice these things would be good... I'll have to see if my camera still allows me to take video (it's kind of broken right now
). If it does, perhaps I'll record some of these beginner exercises so people can see what they're doing.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Sounds like a good idea.Ty.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Thank you for addressing the question, it is appreciated.

If I were to draw anything from that, it would appear to be (i) preparation of materials, (ii) preparation of person and (iii) preparation of the workspace. Would it be fair to say that those are things that someone could learn and practice "safely"?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The preparations recommend are as follows:
A ritual bath,than meditation.
A special robe of some type,kept clean
A pentagram worn around the neck
A wand made from virgin wood.or athame of ritual knife.
A book of shadows for you records.
Anointing oil for your head,before starting your ritual.
A candle,and exorcism of fire.
A bell
incense which should also be exorcised.

Open the circle,ringing bell
announce your will to be done
Begin invoking LBRP ritual
Close ritual banishing LBRP ritual.

This is only one way to do this. Wiccans will do it a different way,and there are many different variations.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvillerBob

Originally posted by woodwytch

Just to add, I have no intention of trying any of this, I just enjoy the process of building up knowledge!

Hey there EB,

Of course there are different ways, depending on your persuasion ... as a 'Solitary Witch' I'll tell you how I go about it.

#1 I make a list
of everything I'm going to need for the ritual / spellworking ... decide on the day / time / place ... write-out a rough outline of the words you may need to speak ... just go through it mentally in your head as if you were actually doing it ... that way there is less chance of you forgetting anything ... I suggest you do this up to a week before you plan to perform the ritual / spellworking in order to leave yourself time to gather all your requirements ...

(for novices it's absolutely fine to read the words directly from a book ... as long as you say them with feeling and not like a parrot ... as you become more experienced and confident it's best to script your own words because it makes it more personal)

#2 On the day of the ritual / spellworking prepare your alter ... if using an alter cloth then remember a white one can be used for any day of the week ... make sure all your ingredients / tools from your list are in place on your alter ... this should include everything you will need to use ... go through your list and make sure you have everything at hand ... twice ... then re-check thrice ... trust me the first time you are bound to forget something ... that's why you should start out with something small ... and keep it simple.

(an alter can be anything from a coffee table / dresser / upturned box ... to something made especially for the purpose ... and an altecloth can be anything from a tablecloth / sheet / runner ... or specially designed alter cloth ... alter items may include candles / incense / candleholder / book or paper with words on / salt to create circle / lighter or matches for candle / any herbs or oil you may need to use ... in short everything on your list)

>>>Picture of My Alter

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join