It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Ray Griffin in the hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Anyone hear about this? I did a search on ATS but didnt see this anywhere....i probably missed it.

I remember back in 2005 after i saw Loose Change for the first time i was going thrugh you tube looking for other 9/11 info and saw some of Dr Griffins lectures. He has a style of speaking that highly technical in some respects, with some sarcasm thrown in as well.

As many in the 9/11 truth community know, David Ray Griffin has been in the hospital. He is recovering from major back surgery and serious complications from it. He will recover completely and be able to return to the cause, but his recovery will require a rather long time. At present he needs rest and therapy and he is not able to do the many things that he would be doing were he well.

He will be in my thoughts without a doubt.

Description

Former Chicago and Harvard law professor Cass Sunstein, who in 2009 was appointed by President Barack Obama to direct an important executive branch office, had in 2008 co-authored an article containing a plan for the government to prevent the spread of anti-government “conspiracy theories.” Arguing that such theories are believed only by groups suffering from “informational isolation,” he advocated the use of anonymous government agents to engage in “cognitive infiltration” of these groups in order to introduce “cognitive diversity,” with the aim of breaking them up.

Noting that Sunstein’s proposal has evoked condemnations from across the political spectrum–not least because it, being similar to the FBI’s COINTELPRO of the 1960s, would be illegal–David Ray Griffin focuses on the fact that Sunstein’s primary target is the conspiracy theory advocated by the 9/11 Truth Movement. Examining Sunstein’s charge that this theory is both “harmful” and “demonstrably false,” Griffin uses both satire and overwhelming evidence to show that this twofold charge applies instead to what Sunstein calls “the true conspiracy theory” about 9/11-namely, the “theory that Al-Qaeda was responsible for 9/11.”

In the United States today, the phrase `conspiracy theory’ functions as a sort of giant cudgel, used to scare us out of talking openly about a broad (and ever-growing) range of scandals that the powerful cannot afford to let the people comprehend. In this new book, David Ray Griffin takes devastating aim at that repressive tactic, exposing it for what it really is. All those who cherish democracy, and intellectual freedom, owe it to themselves to read this brave analysis—and owe its author their sincerest thanks.

Mark Crispin Miller, Professor of Culture and Communication, New York University

Anyone have a chance to read it yet?

David Ray Griffins website

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
That is terrible!
I hope other 9/11 Truthers join me in sending their best prayers and positive energy in David's direction.

Griffin is an intellectual genius, who has easily devoured the 9/11 official lie for breakfast, lunch and dinner, several times over. S & F.

That book looks great. Someone commented that Osama Bin Laden was a student of Philip Zelikow (9/11 Commission Director) back in 1998? WHOA! Now THAT would be some INSANE news! But it sure would connect a WHOLE LOT of dots.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I know! I was a lil appalled that no one had mentioned it on here yet!!

Just wish i could attach all his you tube lectures on here (I'm at work, cant get on you tube on company computer.....but i work for KBR and can go on ATS all day....go figure
)
edit on 15-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by itbenickp

If you work for KBR then I would have thought you were in on the 9/11 conspiracy.

At the very least by the criteria of 9/11 Truth you have some serious questions to answer.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TrickoftheShade

Im just a guy in the postal mission over here in Iraq. KBR was a means to an end. I have used the company to pay off my bills and get a lil ahead. Im not gonna BS about it. Im a OIF Vet, 03-04, 88m, i was the second convoy on MSR Tampa to come up here from Navstar in 03. Do i feel like i sold a part of my soul for working for them? Yep. How do i deal with it? I see the joy on all the service members faces when they get that box/letter from home that they have been waiting for. It makes it all worthwhile.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Fair enough, I don't have a problem with it. I'm just pointing out that you are, under a TM perspective, very much part of the problem as opposed to the solution.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   

......How to reply to that......all i can tell you is my experience in LOGCAP in Iraq

Well, you gotta take into account that ohhhhh a good 75% of KBR employees (in the LOGCAP Project in Iraq) are prior serivce. We all have bills, responsibilities, families to support. And just like me, alot of employees in KBR LOGCAP needed a job. Its not a perfect situation. Like i said, im not gonna BS about it, i used the company to pay off my bills and get ahead. I leave iraq in 2 weeks, i been over here for 2 years straight as a civilian. I cant comment on the FEMA camps, the lawsuits, or any of that, KBR is a huge beast (yup, a beast) and it has a lot of things going on. Im just in the postal mission. Part of the problem and not the solution.....all i am is an employee, the problem is the CEOs and what not. Do you blame a fry cook at McDonalds for americas obesity problem? Do you blame the waitress at the restaurant cuz their sugar has aspartame in it? Do you blame the plumber cuz theirs flouride in your water?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
So where are all the posts from the truthers claiming Griffin is being targetted by the conspirators to get him to go along with the official story "or else"? After all, if the conspirators can conjure up super thermite that explodes AND melts steel, mini-nukes that don't give off radiation, holograms of passenger aircraft slamming into buildings, and launch massive energy beam weapons into orbit, then the conspirators almost certainly can have "Break-a-Back" ray beams that can inflict injuries on Griffin to get him to shut up.

If you truthers are going to use nonstop deus ex machina to patch up the unworkable flaws in your conspiracy stories then you might as well just keep on doing it.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
That book looks great. Someone commented that Osama Bin Laden was a student of Philip Zelikow (9/11 Commission Director) back in 1998?

I couldnt find any info on this.. Can you link me to something so I can read it?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Did you blame the bloke who just delivered the gas for the chamber? I mean those guys had bills, families to support. They didn't make the rules.

I'm being factious. I don't have a problem with your job at all. but it's pretty rich to hold a conspiracist view of the world and then just shrug at the part you're actually playing in it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   

If you work for KBR then I would have thought you were in on the 9/11 conspiracy

I didnt start working for KBR til 08. Havent heard word one on how KBR has to do with 9/11.
FEMA Camps yes, 9/11 no. Electrical Lawsuit yes. 9/11 no.

So i tell you

Im just a guy in the postal mission over here in Iraq. KBR was a means to an end. I have used the company to pay off my bills and get a lil ahead. Im not gonna BS about it. Im a OIF Vet, 03-04, 88m, i was the second convoy on MSR Tampa to come up here from Navstar in 03. Do i feel like i sold a part of my soul for working for them? Yep. How do i deal with it? I see the joy on all the service members faces when they get that box/letter from home that they have been waiting for. It makes it all worthwhile.

You say

Fair enough, I don't have a problem with it. I'm just pointing out that you are, under a TM perspective, very much part of the problem as opposed to the solution.

If you dont have a problem with it why keep diggin on me about it? I give you a rational explanation on why i work for the company. Legit reasons.

Well, you gotta take into account that ohhhhh a good 75% of KBR employees (in the LOGCAP Project in Iraq) are prior serivce. We all have bills, responsibilities, families to support. And just like me, alot of employees in KBR LOGCAP needed a job. Its not a perfect situation. Like i said, im not gonna BS about it, i used the company to pay off my bills and get ahead. I leave iraq in 2 weeks, i been over here for 2 years straight as a civilian. I cant comment on the FEMA camps, the lawsuits, or any of that, KBR is a huge beast (yup, a beast) and it has a lot of things going on. Im just in the postal mission.

Then you say

I'm being factious. I don't have a problem with your job at all. but it's pretty rich to hold a conspiracist view of the world and then just shrug at the part you're actually playing in it.

Role? What Role? Do i have anything to do with any kind of cover up? Did i have anything to do with 9/11? Please get off your high horse about my job sir. Givin the choice of destituiton and a well paying job, what you would you choose? This original thread was about Dr Griffin. A man i admire and look up to. Talk about him, dont put me on blast because i had to make a hard choice. But you know what i am proud of the good that i have done over here, i help bring joy to service men and women who didnt choose to be over here. I see the smiles on their faces EVERY DAY because they got their mail.

edit on 16-10-2010 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm just pointing out that it's a bit rich to criticise the NWO and then go and take a job in their mail room.

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sorry to hear about Dr. Griffin's health problems. I hope he is on the mend. Losing such a pillar of the truth movement, even for a limited time, is unfortunate. I hope he will be able to give many more years worth of his outstanding ability to the cause.

new topics

top topics

join