It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of Six Mile ~ HHWC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
" Hey Jen, you wouldn't believe the EVP I just got down at Six Mile. It sounds like kids singing Happy Birthday!"
Jennifer's uncle Ken didn't call that often , so she knew this was something important to him. " Uhh.. ok Ken, why don't you stop by next time you are in town and let me listen."

Ken had started ghost hunting after he had some unexplained personal experiences in his home. He had started a local paranormal investigation group. Nearly a year ago he had called Jennifer out of the blue to invite her to his newly founded monthly paranormal meetings. Jen declined because she was not too keen on paranormal stuff.

Back in High School she and a group of friends used to play the Ouija Board whenever they got a chance.Some really creepy things had happened with that board over the years , or so Jennifer and her friend, Anne, had thought so anyway. Several years ago their other friend who played with them, Brooke, admitted she had been the one moving the oracle all those years they had played Ouija. This had left a deep disheartening feeling with Jennifer. She was usually a skeptic on all things paranormal nowadays.

When Ken arrived at her house later that week to let her listen to the EVP, sure enough, she heard it!....."happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you..." in a unison of faint high pitched voices. It was highly unlikely that voice recorder recorded a current child's birthday song that day out in the country with no house around.

Six Mile was a small , but thriving community in the mid to late 1800's. Plenty of farmers and ranchers would travel the 6 miles to the boom town of Crystal City to get supplies and trade goods. All that remains today of Six Mile, is a cemetery and an old abandoned one room school house.

Jennifer had heard about Six Mile for years. When she was young, she had heard her Dad mention it once or twice when telling stories about the good ol' days. That is when she had first heard of the curse of the chalkboard~ If you wrote your name on the blackboard, you died. Since the 1970's and possibly even before, Six Mile has been a place teenagers could go to party and drink without much chance of getting caught.
During Jennifer's teen years , she had been somewhat interested in Six Mile, but never to the point of venturing out there uninvited; she was never big on partying.
Listing to the Happy Birthday EVP had changed her mind though. As soon as Ken left, she called her best friend of 20 years, Anne. Jennifer excitedly told her what Ken had recorded.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Anne was more into paranormal stuff. When she was about 10, she awoke in the night to a dark shadow man standing at the foot of her bed, she screamed and her dad ran in, turned on the lights, but nothing was there. Later as a young adult, Anne had another experience in a house she had shared with Jennifer. Anne woke in the night and didn't move, just opened her eyes and saw two inter-dimensional creatures. She described them as water people with v shaped chest plates. So needless to say, Anne was interested in the Six Mile EVP.

Jennifer and Anne talked about it foolishly decided to make a trip out to Six Mile. They packed a bag with what they thought they might need. They wanted to play the Ouija board out there to see if maybe the oracle would move without Brooke around, especially since there was "something" there.

When they got there, they walked past the cemetery straight to the old one room school house.It was in disarray.Most of the window were broken with big chunks of glass missing - no doubt from rocks thrown by drunk teenagers over the years. Three very old wood weathered school desks remained. One was overturned with the lid slightly open. Jennifer loved to look around all the nooks and crannies for lost treasures. Beer bottles, cans, trash and small rocks speckle the old dusty wood plank floors. Two of the walls still had large black boards attached. Anne walked closer and was amazed to still see a few nubs of shabby yellowing chalk on the ledge of the black board. Upon closer inspection of the board, she notices faint arithmetic problems still left unanswered. There also seems to be other writing she can't quite make out and assumes it must have been an English lesson.

Suddenly she gasps and calls Jennifer over . "Look right there..... See it? Sure enough, Jennifer could just vaguely make it out. SAM CHRISTIANSON. Chills instantly ran up both girl's spines.
Sam was Brooke's brother. About 13 years ago he was found hanged in a closet. Even though it was ruled a suicide, there were still many unanswered questions, and things that just didn't quite add up.

Back when they were kids, Jennifer , Anne, and Brooke were all very close. Three Best Friends. They would spent weekends at each others houses, and play Barbies nearly everyday after school. They all remained pretty close throughout High School. But, All that somewhat changed after Sam's death. They began to grow apart. It probably did not help much when Brook's two friends didn't really know what to say after Sam died. It started for Jennifer after his funereal, She talked some to Brooke, but things never seemed the same.

Anne, on the other hand reached out initially more than Jen did to Brooke. Anne mostly just listed to Brooke talk about her brother. She would talk about memories she shared of sleepovers when Sam tried to scare the crap out of the girls when they would play Girl Talk late into the night. And another time during a sleepover with Anne and Jennifer , they had stayed up late watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. When it was over they girls went to Brooks room. Once again, Sam scared the whole bejesus out of the girls by hiding under Brooks bed and popping out just at the right time. Jennifer was so upset she called her mom at 2 am, who came and picked her up....
After a few months though, Anne went to see Brooke less and less and soon it became a rare treat for the girls to talk .

Suddenly Jennifer's mind was snapped out of memories of Sam and brook and back to reality when Anne stumbled on an old beer bottle. It was now dark outside and Jennifer wondered how long she had stood there lost in memories of the past.
"S..s..so, do you think this means the legend is true?" asked Jennifer Anne. " I don't know, lets see what the Ouija says" Anne replied. " I don't know Anne, I'm freaked out" said Jennifer. Just then, Anne busted out two small candles from the bag she packed, along with the Ouija Board. Anne placed it on the floor and Jennifer reluctantly joined her in placing her hand on the oracle.
"Spirits are you with us?" Anne whispered. "Wait- go over the board first" " Oh yeah" Anne made a quick move with the oracle over all the letters and numbers and the Yes and NO. Once again Anne whispered " Spirits are you with us?" This time Jennifer joined in " Spirits are you with us?" Suddenly like a shot, the oracle raced to YES. Next it moved to H then E, L, and P. A mix of fear and excitement came over the girls. " What is your name ?" asked Jennifer. The oracle moved to the S and spelled S-A-M. Anne jumped, knocking over one candle. As she hurriedly picked it up, a breeze came through the broken windows and out went the other candle. " LET'S GO" screamed Jennifer to Anne in the darkness. Quick as the wind, they were out of there, leaving the Ouija behind. Too bad they forgot to move the oracle over GOODBYE.
www.flickr.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Ouija Boards are always creepy. I would've been freaked out in that school house! Also, I wouldn't want to hear that EVP, children always make scary occurrences much scarier.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

This is, of course, based on true events. The evp was very real. I know I didn't do a great job on the writing and trying to pull the past story in with the current one.. but hey, I haven't written anything since high school( when this story happened). I worked for weeks on this story line. I had such a hard time trying to put it all in order.... haha. i hardly deserve writer status, but i am happy to have it , and can't wait for more contests. Thanks y'all!

top topics

join