It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we free or are we born into bondage?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am sure this has been discussed before, (what hasn't?)
but lately I feel like a slave. I go to work get a check (never enough) pay my bills (most of them) live my life. but where is the joy the happiness the freedom to do what I want. The stuff I want to do I can't or I am not allowed.(check my posts) even from a spiritual perspective we are not allowed to evolve or grow beyond the cage of our minds, bodies, soul....even the so-called awakend - enlightend bunch are just peddling another form of slavery "co-creation". I do believe we have the ability to co-create. but the so-called awakend enlightend bunch state as long as you do it within the confines of love. I have a problem with this cause I see you can co-create with hate aswell. also any form of suffering is bondage, and we only co-create who or what is the other co-creator who sets the rules? Now what I am looking for is discussion on whether we are free or we are all slaves. slaves to our minds, jobs, lives, creator, whatever. Here are some vids to get you in the right mindset to discuss this. I am not sure how to embed, so just click the links you bunch of slaves...............

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

and mods please put this thread in the right spot thanks

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Re Gaurdian2012

Well, ofcourse we're not free to do, what we want to. And not talking from a moral/ethical perspective, there's first such as 'natural laws'. The statistical possibility that gravity will fail, is so small that you'll never fly on your own. Neither will your bio-chemistry allow you to live without food or water.

Complexity, such as e.g. biological life, has its 'normal' existence based on such natural laws, and as complexity grows, so do the forces regulating it. The phenomenon 'predation' in biological life is such an example, and from sheer physical predation, later versions such as 'social darwinism' etc have evolved.

At the human top of this food-pyramid, we find the sociopaths, who through various methods of social engineering get to the sunny side of the street.

Any escape from the tyranny of cosmic (and consequently social) laws is through self-development, e.g. transcendence or similar. And on the way to such a state, most selfdevelopers discover, that cosmos IS based on co-creation. Things exist only because other things exist as polarities. Every fragment of cosmos mirrors the rest of cosmos and gives it 'existence' such as we normally know it.

And sure, this can be creation from love as well as hate. So the real question is, 'where' or 'what' have we to develop into, before the duality of polarities ceases. The duality, which basically is our cosmic master.

(Even if I may sound like a new-ager here concerning dualism, my position has very little in common with the new-age clichées on the subject).

Especially eastern religions or semi-religions have quite deep-going opinions and practical methods around this, as had gnosticism. I suggest a closer look at the 'suffering' and 'knowledge' concepts in these models. Maybe you won't find a personally satisfactory answer, but at least it will help to clarify the options. Abramic religion isn't that keen on such speculations, everything has been answered through the basic doctrine of original sin as a cornerstone. No help from that direction.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

gaurdian2012,

What is meant is we are free to make our own decision about life and who we will serve and where we find peace. Yes we can have peace now even though there is not peace in this world as like you have said this life is a "rat race". That peace can only be found when we realize the prize is never to be found in this present world now or never in the past. This life is the time we are given to choose. I must inform you follow the Word of God and not preachers or a denomination for they mostly are in it for the money and prestige. The most you can accomplish in this world is to live in luxury in your misery. Be freed from the Prison house of Satan and go to the one who alone can free you. His name is Yahshua, Jesus and find a home church is your best bet these days. Even many home church's are far off track. The reason is explained here, " Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it". That is Mat. 7:14, KJV.

I do hope you can find this wonderful peace.

Truthiron

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I dont need or want to serve any god outside the true trinity. me myself and I. I know the entity we have been taught to know as god, source, force, energy, sparky, whatever exists within us. I know we are apart of that on a universal level and can access that energy through manifesting or co-creating. what I dont understand is why anybody would worship any being calling him or herself god or goddess especially when said deity uses or needs us to fear them and or feel guilty. a god based on love would not need us to fear them.
your own christian faith states lucifer was known as the morning star. doesn't that make him a being of light? you have to admit that your or any christians muslims jewish faith in christ is incomplete. the bible and Quran is incomplete (books left out or heavily edited). even jesus christ's life is incomplete (where was he between the ages of 3-18) I would feel like I am not being completely honest with myself if I would worship any being that would sacrifice there own son to prove a point. thats sadistic sorry I hope your not offended that was not my intention. but I cant worship a deity that floods the planet killing millions (noah story)
kicks people out of paradise (eden) for acquiring knowledge.
rains fire from the sky because people are having a good time. (Sodom and Gomorrah)
why would this so-called god need to keep us ignorant and fearful unless said deity had something to hide?
my faith in such a being could never be true knowing the horrors this being was capable of. how could you trust said being thats needs you to worship and fear them?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Re Gaurdian2012

Maybe the simplest answer to the questions in your last post is, that the entity Jahveh described in the bible ISN'T 'god', but a pretender. And considering his character, he would be the role model for all the sociopaths this universe contains.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
In order for a soul to interact and learn it needs a body.
The body will always be prison for a soul. The soul becomes a slave to the body.

Of course I use the words prison and slave only for unenlightened people.

To truly understand this paradox or to explain it takes lifetimes.
That is the point I can only find my answers. Yours are yours to find.

But do not denounce the truth of what your being says is true for the illusion or security of someone else's "Real World".

The only mind you can change is your own.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
We are free to do what we will, but unfortunatly we still have to live by the confines of society.

You need money, thus you must work. Thats how our society was built... on the backs of its workers.

Money makes the world turn...

And unfortunatly some things can't be avoided.

posted on May, 27 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Check your Birth Certificate - if your name is all in caps, it means that you are the property (i.e., a slave) of the corporation known as the United States of America. My name is in Caps/lower case on my original birth certificate, but a later one, a complete reprint, has my name in all caps. They think I'm a slave, but I know better. In a strict legal sense, most folks these days are born into bondage.

In the same way, you don't own your house. Look at your deed, if you have it "paid off": you are listed as a tennant, aren't you? Being a tennant, if you don't pay your rent (real estate taxes), then the owner, county, state or fed, will move you out and bring in people who, hopefully, will pay the rent.

You hardly own anything of value, for your owners want anything of value which you may possess. We're just workers/serfs/peasants/slaves on the world plantation.
edit on 27-5-2011 by Lazarus Short because: la-de-dah

top topics

join