It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sink Holes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Guatemala-Sinkhole

I have been reading up on the Guatemala sinkhole for awhile now and the more I read I keep getting even more confused in all honesty.

I have read the water erosion theories and they make a lot of sense when you look at some examples from the USGS website. All the examples they show are nothing like the one in the picture above. Some of the examples they list are pretty big like swallowing a house but nothing compares to the one in Guatemala. I have seen the one in Belize and others that are huge as well but this one has always stuck out in my mind.

How can this thing be so big? Are their some other theories about these things? I have seen sinkholes before around Atlanta. They usually happen after heavy rains and flooding but nothing to that magnitude.

Just looking for some insight on where to find some more information on this matter.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
i too have been fascinated by the guatemala sinkholes...i can only speculate as too their cause as not enough infomation has surfaced. i know that part of the world is notorious for ufo activity and wouldnt at all be surprised if it was a cave in of underground installation or tunnel.
would love to rappel into it. or rather watch a professional do it. but its like the lake vostok story in that theres no follow up.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
This web page has some Georgia sink holes
and a nice side view of it that they generated using sound.

nutmeg.easternct.edu...

David Grouchy

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I always thought the Draviz "Door to Hell" looked alot like the Guatamala Hole.

The perfect circle is definatly unnatural.

It almost looks like a giant laser beam just bored a hole into or out of the planet.
edit on 15-10-2010 by In nothing we trust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Interesting indeed! kinda reminds me of the holes Silver surfer makes for Galactus in the
fantastic four movie.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Well HAARP was busy that day as well. Here is the link to the HAARP data for that day.
HAARP Data
Space Weather
Earthquake Data

Edit: I am just trying to find some things that happened that day so maybe I can investigate a little more.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Άδης because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2010 by Άδης because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Άδης

Has anybody tried absailing down one of these sink holes? And found what's at the bottom?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClairvoyant
reply to post by Άδης

Has anybody tried absailing down one of these sink holes? And found what's at the bottom?

I have been searching all day but I will continue. The closest thing I have seen so far is the data from the previous post. All I can find is that they back fill them and move on while others simply fill with water and become lakes.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Rather than repost, Im going to send this link to a thread (which didnt get much attention at the time), which described why sinkholes are circularin nature, and how that occurs

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may want to read before you start jumping to non conventional conclusions. Hope it helps

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Rather than repost, Im going to send this link to a thread (which didnt get much attention at the time), which described why sinkholes are circularin nature, and how that occurs

www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may want to read before you start jumping to non conventional conclusions. Hope it helps

Helps a bunch. Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join