It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Voodoo Doll" accepted as evidence in court??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

"Voodoo Doll" accepted as evidence in court??

www.lanacion.cl

The prosecution managed to introduce a new test to the trial of Maria del Pilar Perez and the alleged hit man Joseph Rose: This is the "voodoo dolls" discovered at the home of "The Quintrala."

Gajardo prosecutor put on gloves and took out some voodoo dolls of cotton that had on their faces to the mother of a daughter of Castillo, a daughter of Castillo, and a former father-Castillo.

The dolls had pins in his face and legs, and a black belt they crossed the neck.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I was checking newspapers from Chile in review of the last news of the miners because the show was big and i found this gem without intending lol
I am amazed, since when the black magic items are accepted in courts?
Putting aside that is totally ridiculous
Do you know trials where black magic were accepted as evidence??? because i dont know anyone yet

www.lanacion.cl
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by zaper

i could see a voodoo doll being accepted as proof of intent or motive or something like that. lets say you have a murder and you suspect that the person's cousin murdered them. a voodoo doll at the cousins house with pins stuck certain places could help prove there was animosity, etc. it may not be proof that they killed them with the voodoo doll but it could help set up how unhealthy a relationship is or that someone had the intent to harm someone. especially if the person with the voodoo doll was a true believer.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Man I popped that article into a translator and it still didn't make much sense. I can see allowing something like voodoo dolls into a court room as evidence to establish that a person wanted to cause another harm, or was mentally unstable. That's about it though.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Well it's sounds suspicious having voodoo dolls of someone who got harmed, weather they work or not. Kinda like having a picture of them with a big red X on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
All courts except in communist nations are based on religion. Judges, Lawyers, and Jurists, witnesses and defendants swear oaths to God.

You simply don't recognize it as a religious court because it is done in such a subtle manner.

With the religious aspects made to seem like fairly inconsequential formalities and protocols.

They aren't inconsequential though.

Understanding how God and religion really fits into the court system in a hidden system of laws most people don't know or understand can be the difference between going to jail or not.

So yes, Vodoo based on the same Roman concepts of a Christian God can factor into a legal proceeding.

Kings, Queens, Presidents, Prime Ministers and Nations all derive their power from God.

Understanding that the entire system of authority is based on that is very important if you ever want to truly challenge authority.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, I believe there are few to no places left in the world where the population wouldn't know the purposed of a voodoo doll. Therefore, the doll becomes a physical representation of Ill-will towards another. It's kind of hard to say there's another reason for damaging the likeness of an effigy of an individual.

Now that dire intent is shown and visualized, it's going to be pretty easy to get a jury to say, "yeah, well, they sure had mal-intent."

Any object that represents mal-intent towards a person or persons can become a strong foundation for proving a motive.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

in america, they are commonly religion based, but not strictly.

ive seen people swear on many things they dont consider God.

i think it has to be considered "Sacred", like n bird feather, special rock, or other object. heck they would probably even let you use something similar to that voodoo doll if requested.

edit on 14-10-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
Well, I believe there are few to no places left in the world where the population wouldn't know the purposed of a voodoo doll. Therefore, the doll becomes a physical representation of Ill-will towards another. It's kind of hard to say there's another reason for damaging the likeness of an effigy of an individual.

Now that dire intent is shown and visualized, it's going to be pretty easy to get a jury to say, "yeah, well, they sure had mal-intent."

Any object that represents mal-intent towards a person or persons can become a strong foundation for proving a motive.

then this dolls should be treated as normal evidence not?
Nowhere does it say that were tested. What if these dolls were not left in the house of the victim by the defendant, if the victims created these dolls to influence evil intention of the accused?
Sounds logical, it is a superstitious country (check the recent 33 massive chilean stuff)
I mean, it's nothing like what you have in USA this is a 3th country and i do not think there is an objective perception of such evidence (voodoo stuff)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Before it was introduced as evidence it's owner would have been determined beyond a reasonable doubt. As others have stated this would be used in court to establish intent. For example say there's a case where someone is murdered and when the suspect's house is searched they find pictures of the victim. This would establish that the suspect knew the victim and had an obsession with them.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

So yes, Vodoo based on the same Roman concepts of a Christian God can factor into a legal proceeding.

Kings, Queens, Presidents, Prime Ministers and Nations all derive their power from God.

Understanding that the entire system of authority is based on that is very important if you ever want to truly challenge authority.

Then you mean that there doesnt exist any secular state if we are all tied to the power of God and weird beliefs could influence the decisions of the nations and hence its institutions. I always believed that its a matter only in our third world (ie LatinAmerica and Asia) not in the first world (ie Europe and USA).

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
LOL I never expected this to appear here

That woman is a serial murder... well, she never killed anyone, she hired hitmans to do the dirty job. She's now being prosecuted for one of those murders, with the hitman aswell.
She is pretty disturbing, the videos of the trial are really creepy because she lacks any sign of emotions in her face, anything. she's cold as ice. They allowed the dolls as proof of her mental unestability, not as a proof of her being a black magic practisioner. She's insane, guys, completely insane.

She's called "La Quintrala" due an historical character, review this link to find who she was. And as far as I've seen in the news, this woman's cruelty is very simmilar to the original one. If you want, I can translate the article tomorrow, now I'm going to bed

edit on 14-10-2010 by Caggy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zaper

It's not like the government is going to come out and say that voodoo dolls dont exist but microchips everywhere in your bodies do.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Caggy
LOL I never expected this to appear here

That woman is a serial murder... well, she never killed anyone, she hired hitmans to do the dirty job. She's now being prosecuted for one of those murders, with the hitman aswell.
She is pretty disturbing, the videos of the trial are really creepy because she lacks any sign of emotions in her face, anything. she's cold as ice. They allowed the dolls as proof of her mental unestability, not as a proof of her being a black magic practisioner. She's insane, guys, completely insane.

She's called "La Quintrala" due an historical character, review this link to find who she was. And as far as I've seen in the news, this woman's cruelty is very simmilar to the original one. If you want, I can translate the article tomorrow, now I'm going to bed

edit on 14-10-2010 by Caggy because: (no reason given)

poker face lol
yes i want to know more about this please. Serial killer? How many persons? cruelty why?
mental unestability? should not set that condition a psychiatrist?
voodoo stuff is pretty disturbing.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
As far I remember, when she was in jail she had a psychiatrist visiting her. The same psychiatrist testified in court that she was completely insane and a potential danger for the whole society. The fact of the voodoo dolls being presented as proof only makes her appear more nuts than she already is, because in our culture, voodoo is something stupid who only insane people believe in.
When I come back from college tomorrow I promise I'm going to translate the text, I got caught on photoshop making a new avvie and it's too late!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by zaper

Excellent points, but it falls on the head of prosecution to "prove" withing reason that the defendat "used or created" the dolls with ill intent. The doll will become the tool to plant a seed of doubt in the minds of the jury. So even though the dolls are just that. . .dolls, they become a circumstantial testament to discovery of motive. Even if the dolls were planted by someone who despised the defendat, the dolls will still make the defendant "look bad" in the eyes of the jury, the media, and possibly the judge.

Thank you for this post. . .I love discussing this stuff!

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Divine Strake
reply to post by zaper

Excellent points, but it falls on the head of prosecution to "prove" withing reason that the defendat "used or created" the dolls with ill intent. The doll will become the tool to plant a seed of doubt in the minds of the jury. So even though the dolls are just that. . .dolls, they become a circumstantial testament to discovery of motive. Even if the dolls were planted by someone who despised the defendat, the dolls will still make the defendant "look bad" in the eyes of the jury, the media, and possibly the judge.

Thank you for this post. . .I love discussing this stuff!

yes
i think its was a "touché" for the defendat, The prosecutor was adding this proof for her mental insanity as you can see in the quote from our chilean friend

Originally posted by Caggy
...The fact of the voodoo dolls being presented as proof only makes her appear more nuts than she already is, because in our culture, voodoo is something stupid who only insane people believe in.

so it doesnt matter if the doll was left in that house by the defendant... damage its done.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
All courts except in communist nations are based on religion. Judges, Lawyers, and Jurists, witnesses and defendants swear oaths to God.

Actually you can swear an oath on a holy book, or give an affirmation instead - at least in the UK. The affirmation takes the following form in both civil and criminal cases:

I do solemnly, sincerely and truly declare and affirm that the evidence which I shall give, shall be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I also think that stating "all courts... are based in religion" is a little disingenuous, though I can understand (but still disagree with) the argument from the "divine right" point of view.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Properly made; they'd be full of DNA evidence (victim's hail, nail clippings, spot of blood ...) that prove "intent".

I figure the only thing the doll CAN prove is "intent".

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
In court, they should make atheists swear to the great Atheismo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join