It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FIRST LADY CAMPAIGNS INSIDE POLLING PLACE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
FIRST LADY CAMPAIGNS INSIDE POLLING PLACE

First lady Michelle Obama appears to have violated Illinois law -- when she engaged in political discussion at a polling place!

The drama began after Mrs. Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the south side of Chicago to cast an early vote.

After finishing at the machine, Obama went back to the desk and handed in her voting key.

She let voters including electrician Dennis Campbell, 56, take some photos.

"She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband's agenda going," Campbell said.

I looked around the web and couldn't find anything related to this story. I don't know how "big" this story is to anyone else, but I've been voting for many years and at every election there are signs near the entrance that reads "No Campaigning Beyond This Point." Is Michelle Obama just ignorant of the laws that are in place concerning this issue or just blatantly disregarding them because of her staus.

Let's look at the facts. She's a Harvard graduate so we know she can read and more than likely, being educated and all, she's not a first timer when it comes to casting her ballot.

I'm going with the later. She knew the law but decided to "conveniently" ignore it because she knew she could. I'm not trying to make a mountain out of an ant hill but if she doesn't have respect for the rules on something as "minor" as this,w2hat's she doing behind the scenes?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
What? The wife of "THE CHOSEN ONE"? It's such a shame that he become the president anyway. Let the people who voted for him recieve his CHANGE. Maybe then we will see that the Right is the choice we need. It just makes me sick how he got voted in anyway.......She has NO class.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The excuses made for her illegal behavior really don't suurprise me. These two will end up making the Bill and Hillary show almost look ethical. Imagine if it was someone from the right, we'd have hearings investigations and media castigation of those involved, here it's just business as usual for the Obamas.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Pathetic. Robert Gibbs is already playing the "she didn't know no betta" card. I thought she was a well educated Lawyer.
Just proves the point that they really believe that they are above any and all scrutiny and accountability.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
You guys are obviously hate mongering racists. How dare you question what the first lady does?

Yeah, I'm sure she didn't know that it is illegal to campaign in a polling place. But, as far as the MSM is concerned, it will just end up as a non issue because she's a Dem.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This lady and her husband know no shame. They're both lawyers and they know what they're doing.

This is an act of total desperation as the Nation's opinion regarding their hope and change, is just around the corner.........

top topics

join