It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Double Flash In Sky East of Cardiff, UK 02.23 AM GMT approx

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I'm up late playing on Playstation 3 and I swear to god outside there was a massive double flash in the sky east of Cardiff. Lasted about two seconds but lit up the whole sky to the east. Looked like something pretty big!! It is overcast with cloud tonight so not sure if this was something on the ground flashing upwards or something above the cloud...

Anyone else see this...?
edit on 14-10-2010 by the.lights because: updating post

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by the.lights
I'm up late playing on Playstation 3 and I swear to god outside there was a massive double flash in the sky east of Cardiff. Lasted about two seconds but lit up the whole sky to the east. Looked like something pretty big!! It is overcast with cloud tonight so not sure if this was something on the ground flashing upwards or something above the cloud...

Anyone else see this...?
edit on 14-10-2010 by the.lights because: updating post

wow
thunder
lightening? maybe?

keep your eyes peeled
for the love of god have a camera ready
check outside see if you see anything

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
could have been a meteorite or something similar?
I was watching some pretty fantastic ones on youtube earlier....iluminated the whole sky like day light.
PS3 eh...bfbc2 by any chance??

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by daluniverse

No, it is way too cold here for thunder or lightning. Whatever this was was unlike anything I've seen before. Looked like those video cam images at night that capture a meteor crashing or entering the earth's atmosphere. That kind of flash!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Did it look like this at all?

Meteorites are the most common explanation for flashes like that.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
could have been a meteorite or something similar?
I was watching some pretty fantastic ones on youtube earlier....iluminated the whole sky like day light.
PS3 eh...bfbc2 by any chance??

Exactly what I was thinking... meteor. It was a very surreal light and flash, made me jump out of my seat.
I was playing Infamous.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Project-Sign

Yep, looked exactly like that only maybe not quite as bright! There's also total cloud cover here so it was bright enough to penetrate that.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by the.lights

Pretty cool. Wonder if it landed nearby.. those things are worth thousands if you could recover it.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I saw the exact same thing last saturday night, it was behind the overcast clouds and was Green, the whole sky went Green for a couple of seconds it was wierd. I'm in Australia, QLD, Gold Coast.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Cardiff? Hmmmmmm maybe something is going on at Torchwood"s hub..........................
I guess you have to be a britsh sci-fi fan to get the joke.

But I read there is suppose to me a fly -by of a near earth astroroaid, Maybe a piece of it broke off
Vince

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Project-Sign
reply to post by the.lights

Pretty cool. Wonder if it landed nearby.. those things are worth thousands if you could recover it.

Yeah so I heard. I would love to find a meteor. Sometimes they smash through people's houses. This thing was pretty bright though, so maybe there will be more on this in the morning, especially if it shows up on a security camera or two.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Micko

That's interesting. I'm not sure this light was green, perhaps it was more of a light grey flash.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by modelerX

I think the asteroid went by already. But these things tend to occasionally have other bits following in their wake so maybe it was one of those.

I don't watch Torchwood but I know they make it here. And Dr. Who.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Micko

Micko, you probably saw a "Green Flash", a natural phenomenon. More here at the wiki article: Green Flash

To the op, I"ve seen similar flashes as a metor because I spend so much time outside at night.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Soon after "A Message from the Agency"...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goal Shack
Soon after "A Message from the Agency"...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Crikey! Just read that and now you've got me wondering. Let's hope it wasn't that...

top topics

join