It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EarthCam frames of UFOs over New York on October 13, 2010

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I know that some of this is posted in the other threads, but those threads have become so long and convoluted that its hard to keep a clear view of the evidence. I myself and many others witnessed these strange lights last night for longer than two hours through the EarthCam view above New York City. www.earthcam.com...

A few debunkers claimed that these were merely planes and an everyday occurrence, despite the unusual flight patterns. If this is true, then why aren't these same lights apparent tonight?

And since when do planes fly so close together? And how can one suddenly accelerate exponentially while the other one remains relatively stationary? Observe the slower one changing direction in the final frames as well, not traveling in a straight line as an airplane would:

These frames only scratch the surface of the over two hours of unusual lights over NYC last night.
edit on 14-10-2010 by obzerv because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2010 by obzerv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well i wish these lights are ETs...but i think its just normal airtraffic :S

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
hmm i dont know
and was it you who posted the gif of what it looked like two of thes joining then flying to the top right and spliting
that was interesting

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by daluniverse
hmm i dont know
and was it you who posted the gif of what it looked like two of thes joining then flying to the top right and spliting
that was interesting

I did not post that but I did witness a bright orb divide in two.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerv

And since when do planes fly so close together? And how can one suddenly accelerate exponentially while the other one remains relatively stationary? Observe the slower one changing direction in the final frames as well, not traveling in a straight line as an airplane would:

1. The distance the planes are filmed from make it appear that they are flying close together.

2.One of the planes is accelerating directly away from the camera, making it appear to be relatively stationary, the other plane is banking away from the camera making it appear to be moving faster.

3. Aeroplanes don't only travel in straight lines.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by obzerv

2.One of the planes is accelerating directly away from the camera, making it appear to be relatively stationary, the other plane is banking away from the camera making it appear to be moving faster.

These were shot frame by frame. Observe how the one object suddenly picks up tremendous speed as its moving to the right.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
No UFO's.

Planes, Balloons and Lasers.

Nothing more.

UFO's

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by obzerv

reply to post by obzerv

These were shot frame by frame. Observe how the one object suddenly picks up tremendous speed as its moving to the right.

Exactly!........one plane is flying directly away from the camera,(so appears to be almost stationary) and one plane is banking to the right......the fact that this is a frame by frame video makes the plane banking right appear to be moving at a greater speed.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRed
No UFO's.

Planes, Balloons and Lasers.

Nothing more.

UFO's

I must say mate........that is a very childish response, put a bit of thought into it.......explain why you think it is what it is

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
If these were merely planes and everyday occurrences, then why were residents of New York shocked to see the same objects?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by obzerv

its because of the gaps in between the frames due to the slow refresh rate, it doesn't suddenly accelerate, parts of its smooth normal acceleration are missing making it look like its suddenly accelerating, its just perspective and slow cam making it look like something it isn't.

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
How many threads about this are going to be started? I want my old ATS back!

Lights...Camera...Inaction...

The lights flying diagonal to the moon are planes. In the top one, the light that turns bright is a helicopter with a search light (there is actually more than 1 in the 2 you provided). The ones where it seems the "UFOS" (planes actually, 1 commercial and one private in that instance) fly "so close together" are actually 2.5 miles apart, and I know it's quite hard to grasp from a still cam regurgitating photos every 15/30 seconds, but they're at different altitudes as well with the illusion at the same altitude.

Yes, I know, vids / pics or it didn't happen, but I'm 100% positive I am correct in my defining the objects here.

If the objects were UFOs, the prediction still isn't accurate. They aren't hovering above many cities and they didn't provide undeniable proof of their existence, and that's just 2 of the ingredients that didn't transpire from what he predicted in his book and in interviews.

Seriously, all the lights here are explainable. I have nothing to gain so I'm not lying. I'm not disinfo, just someone who has lived near major and minor airports and helipads all of their lives who is using common sense with a firm grasp in the knowledge of IFO's and the knowledge that my illustrious career has provided me.

There's no use in filling in the blanks of a crossword puzzle that has only a few clues given and no answers.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

reply to post by obzerv

its because of the gaps in between the frames due to the slow refresh rate, it doesn't suddenly accelerate, parts of its smooth normal acceleration are missing making it look like its suddenly accelerating, its just perspective and slow cam making it look like something it isn't.

thanks

rich

You are missing the point. The intervals between the frames are equal. You can determine the distance travelled between frames to determine the speed. The distance traveled between the first few frames is significantly less than the latter, which indicates that the object in question suddenly picked up speed at an exponential rate.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
To answer the question of why the same lights cannot be seen tonight: It is severly overcast and rainy here on the east coast. I am about a 90 minute drive from NYC. Havnt seen the sky at all today because of the weather. When it is overcast, not only are you not able to see the sky and stars, but you also cannot see the air traffic by the Newark airport.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerv

I've no idea!.......... maybe they were aware of the 13th October forecast........maybe the shooter of the videos is simply showing selective opinions, I wonder how many people interviewed/filmed stated that they thought that the lights in the sky were planes?...........that wouldn't make a very good youtube clip would it?

But can I ask you......honestly.....which explanation do you find more likely, ET/UFO's.......or planes making perfectly normal flight manoeuvres?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
yeh im sorry im done with the whole earthcam stuff
and im not convinced with the whole new york thing on the 13th either

we`ve been lied to
another false predicition
im not happy

and am done with ever believeing another prophesy unless its from jesus or an alien themself IN PERSON

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I guess we will either confirm or debunk these UFOs when its not raining or whatever.

I currently see no lights on the Cam but apparently its cloudy. Tomorrow most likely will be the day.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by obzerv

You are missing the point. The intervals between the frames are equal. You can determine the distance travelled between frames to determine the speed. The distance traveled between the first few frames is significantly less than the latter, which indicates that the object in question suddenly picked up speed at an exponential rate.

Of course it picked up speed!..........Planes do that on take off!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

reply to post by obzerv

Of course it picked up speed!..........Planes do that on take off!!

Planes pick up speed before they take off, they don't suddenly accelerate to 5x their speed in the air.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
So basically what some of you are saying is that all of the people in NY that saw the UFOs had never seen balloons during the day or night or planes at night and they all decided to freak out at the same time because they all read the predictions of some guy that wrote a book?

Also, balloons don't hover or fly from 9:00AM till 4:00 PM they don't have a bright light that people confuse with a star with other stars in line with it and stay in the same position for 2 hours at night. Check the video of the news report.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join