It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Lady campaigns inside polling place

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

First lady Michelle Obama appears to have violated Illinois law -- when she engaged in political discussion at a polling place!

The drama began after Mrs. Obama stopped off at the Martin Luther King Center on the south side of Chicago to cast an early vote.

After finishing at the machine, Obama went back to the desk and handed in her voting key.

She let voters including electrician Dennis Campbell, 56, take some photos.

"She was telling me how important it was to vote to keep her husband's agenda going," Campbell said.

A top Ilinois State Board of Elections official tells the DRUDGE REPORT that Mrs. Obama -- a Harvard-educated lawyer -- may have simply been ignorant of the law and thus violated it unintentionally.

"You kind of have to drop the standard for the first lady, right?" the official explained late Thursday. "I mean, she's pretty well liked and probably doesn't know what she's doing."

Did you get that?? A Harvard educated lawyer who was married to a "constitutional law 'professor' who also served in the State Senate, the US Senate AND the White House now as President of the United States, did not know she was violating state (and possibly federal) law?!?

Are you all okay with your superiors getting away with breaking laws and then claiming ignorance? My goodness.

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.
edit on 14-10-2010 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Califemme

Every day the media lets them slide with something.
I am ready to find out the election results. To see if people have woken up too this crap yet. This is similar to the black panthers outside the polling places, during the presidential election.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

And don't you love how there was a media blackout that day? I think LiLo went to rehab or something, and that was sooooooooooo much more important!

Link to story

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

shes been campaigning on the behalf of congressman now shes campaigning at polling place.............

i know the second is illegal the first should be illegal

obama needs to go.....................this is how far they have fallen they know they are going to get kicked out

and now the ends justify the means................amerika wake up and get rid of crony politics.................we citizens are above this bs and its clear that obama and wifey arent above this..............bring back american pride,honor,respect................that is change i can beleive in!

edit on 14-10-2010 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
But aren't WE always told "Ignorance of the law is no excuse"??
Guess that doesn't apply to Mrs.Messiah.............

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Your link talks about the black panther party, not about Michelle Obama campaigning
at a polling place.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Your exactly right. I guess we will see soon if the Tea party woke up enough people, and if the Fed will actually listen to what the people want.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What a disgrace this all has become...instead of being the Great Uniter he has become the Great Divider and most will use the guise of racisim for the reason of his failure not because the democrat party has become drunk with power and revenge...The party just can't get out of it's own way and like a kid in the candy store they know nothing about restraint...if this is in fact true that Ms.Obama was in fact campaining at a polling station that's a big no no. For the rest of you I urge you to enroll independent...it's the only way we can keep the sides balanced..let me also say that as soon as the Tea Party clearly defines itself with a mission statement that will be the end of it. It's better to be ambiguous as it opens the door to both parties should they want to jump ship either permanently or temporarily...seeing that this is the weekend you probably will not hear much on this other than fox.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

A thousand times this. She should be charged, and take her punishment. I guarantee if it were any of us peons we would be charged, especially with this much publicity.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Where have you been? This isn't news, the law only applies to us, the Obamas are above it. They'll do whatever it takes, I think before this is all over they'll make the Clintons look ethical.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
So if we have to drop the standard for a Harvard educated former lawyer when it comes to breaking the law, doesn't that mean that the rest of us should catch a break if we go and do something illegal as well? If someone who studied the law doesn't know what she's doing then they can hardly expect the rest of us to know anything about what's legal and what isn't. Or maybe, just maybe, she should get some charges filed on her for breaking the law just like I would if I were to go campaign inside a polling place.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Here's the actual story.

I'm a little dissappointed to see 9 flags and all these responses with no link to the story and only one person besides me pointing it out...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Ok, This is just one more incident of those two not having to answer to the American People for their So Called Ignorance of the Law.
Well, how about Obamas D.O.J. dropping the charges against The New Black Panthers for intimidating voters at a polling station or our first lady telling you what to feed your kids as hers eat ice-cream and how about the POTUS standing next to the President of Mexico while he talks trash about a immigration in Arizona that he knows nothing about, and does not have anything to do with Mexico except to punish the illegal crossing our borders.
Isn't there a Federal Law about entering our country illegally,,,, like there is a federal law against Campaigning inside a polling place?
I guess they only have to obey the Laws that they believe apply to them, THEIR SPECIAL!
Each and Every Time I see those Two, I Think Of These Picture, you and others my not like it, but I do.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/23a2c379ab00.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 14-10-2010 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
what was the term used on other Presidents (and the charmed family) that did stupid offenses
but never got prosecuted... oh yeah... 'Teflon'...and this time its a multi-ethnic Teflon presidency

tsk tsk tsk..
the guy & the wife are an embarrassment (in my sight),
so what might actually transpire? perhaps giving that Øbama team another Nobel Prize
because they are sooooooooooo deserving

disgust & actual hate are my emotions about these people

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

A thousand times this. She should be charged, and take her punishment. I guarantee if it were any of us peons we would be charged, especially with this much publicity.

Unless, of course, you are in total agreement to Obama's policies like if belonged to a Black Panther group and waived a baton in front of the entrance to a polling place.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

what was the term used on other Presidents (and the charmed family) that did stupid offenses
but never got prosecuted

Pre-emptive strike?

... oh yeah... 'Teflon'...and this time its a multi-ethnic Teflon presidency

Ehh? multi-ethnic? not sure how that is relevant...how is ethnic part of this story?
-hears the banjo's in the distance-

tsk tsk tsk..
the guy & the wife are an embarrassment (in my sight),

I am sure they will be saddened when they hear someone on the net doesn't like them. Probably lose sleep over it and everything.

so what might actually transpire? perhaps giving that Øbama team another Nobel Prize

Is that what you get when you get out of a minor infraction? What state do you live in?
I think it will be dropped and she will be a bit embarassed.
Lemme guess, you would give her 20 years hard labor, right?

because they are sooooooooooo deserving

There have been many people to question about how they deserved the nobel. Obama got it not for what he did in america, but what he had and still has inspired in the world. The inability to see beyond your neighborhood for relevance means little overall in the grand scheme of things.

Fun fact:
Did you know that there are other places outside of America?

How is the nobel part of this anyhow? envy much?

disgust & actual hate are my emotions about these people
edit on 14-10-2010 by SaturnFX because: liberal agenda requires it

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Guohua- well said!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NoArmsJames

I read the actual story. What's your point? She broke the law, and will not be punished for it.

"You kind of have to drop the standard for the first lady, right?" the official explained late Thursday. "I mean, she's pretty well liked and probably doesn't know what she's doing."
(same source)

I don't want to drop the standard. She should be held to a higher one.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I apologize, I thought I had included the link originally. When I posted what I thought was my second link, I was responding to the first comment which mentioned the New Black Panthers story. Sorry for the confusion, but it is at the top of DrudgeReport and many others I'm sure.

I appreciate your posting the link, but here it is again for others...here it is again

I vow to be more diligent with links to correlate to my posts.

Thanks for your patience.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raustin

I read the actual story. What's your point?

My only point was that the OP didn't link to it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join