It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unable to Upload Avatar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hi,

I couldn't find a definitive forum to place this thread in so I guess the General Chat will have to do.

I'm having trouble uploading an avatar. When I try via my personal profile it brings me to this page: media.abovetopsecret.com...&message=1

From there it tells me to log in to upload an avatar. I type in all my information and it doesn't do anything.It keeps me on the same page. I hit the sign up button on the side thinking maybe I need a seperate account or something but it says: "Sorry, Signups have been disabled. Please check back later!"

Seeing as I need to upload a photo into my pictures section in order to use it as my avatar is there any other way I can do this? Is anyone else having this same problem?

I've used different browsers and cleared my cookies in all of them but I still have the same problem.

Thanks.
edit on 14-10-2010 by CDN King because: typo

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CDN King

Just did it myself...in account info, hit upload avatar, takes you to new screen where you can upload file from your drive, once that is done it places the pic in your profile...click on pic, the address is in line uner "use as avatar"....copy, and paste into upload avatar on original profile page...took me a few too!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately that's where I've been trying. It takes me to the log in page and from there I can't log in

I read on another post that people have had the same problem and apparently clearing your browser's cookies resolves it. I've tried that already but it doesn't help.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Did you re-log in on the new widow...that threw me for a loop since I thought I was logged in...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

got the same probleme..you need an extra acc for ATS media but you not able to create an account
at the moment it seems :S

anyone?

edit on 14-10-2010 by angrydog because: nothin

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Do mods comb this part of the site or am I stuck without an avatar?

I've already sent a PM to a Mod but no reply after two days. I've also sent in a complaint earlier today without a reply.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Try posting this on the Issues Thread.

-TheAssoc.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by angrydog

You should be able to login to the media profile page using the same login and password for ATS.
Is that not working for you?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

I just went to your media profile account and I see two photos uploaded. Are you trying to use one of them for your avatar?

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

edit on 15-10-2010 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I uploaded both those a when I first joined a couple of months ago, since then I have not been able to get past the login page. It just keeps me on that page after I enter my info.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Have you ever changed your avatar out of curiosity? If so then try using the password you first used instead of the one you changed to. I'm not sure if that will work as we're using the new updated version of ATS but it' worth a try at least.

Also, if you want, for now, I can upload an avatar for you on my own account, and then send you the link you need so you have an avatar in use until you get the problem fixed? I wouldn’t mind.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Your sign-in name on ATS Media is the same as your sign-in name here, and your password on ATS Media is whatever auto-generated password they sent you when you first signed up here (it doesn't change when you pick a new password here).

Unless you've forgotten your password here and had them send you a new auto-generated password, in which case your password on ATS Media will be whatever the newest one they sent you is.

If that still doesn't work, try sending in a complaint using this link (which can be found under "TOOLS+" in the menu at the top), and hopefully a mod will be able to help you out.

Hope that helps

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

Your sign-in name on ATS Media is the same as your sign-in name here, and your password on ATS Media is whatever auto-generated password they sent you when you first signed up here (it doesn't change when you pick a new password here).

Unless you've forgotten your password here and had them send you a new auto-generated password, in which case your password on ATS Media will be whatever the newest one they sent you is.

If that still doesn't work, try sending in a complaint using this link (which can be found under "TOOLS+" in the menu at the top), and hopefully a mod will be able to help you out.

Hope that helps

thx for that info...working for me now

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
reply to post by angrydog

You should be able to login to the media profile page using the same login and password for ATS.
Is that not working for you?

thx also to you
...didnt know its the same name and password

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

Thanks! This solved the problem.

I had no idea you need two different passwords, one for the forums and one for the media section. I reset my password and now it works like a charm

top topics

join