It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Bill O'Reily stated, numerous times, all Muslims (everywhere) were guilty of killing "us" on 9-11. Same thing. So, Christians everywhere are guilty of murder. All Christians are murderers.

I watched the clip again, and he only said all muslims once, when he was clarifying his statement and apoligized if anyone thought he was referring to all muslims. Joy and Whoopi returned and Joy said she was only back because he apologized. What clip did you watch?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I don't like O'Reilly but he didn't say anything wrong.

Whoopi and whats her name seem too concerned with politically correct language.

I know our country has freedom of religion, but what if your religion is to eat the brains of fetuses? Or to sacrifice your first born with a ritual gutting? I don't think we tolerate that kind of religion. If your holy book urges you to wage war with those you can't convert... I don't think we need that religion, either. That's my opinion, and I'm sure plenty of uneducated people would get very upset at how it sounds; they're blinded with their crusade for political correctness and equality, and can't see the facts.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
Barbara Walters got it right. What ever happened to legit conversation and debate?

Walking off stage is immature and inappropriate IMO.

All Christians on this planet are guilty of murder. Let's discuss and have a conversation about this.

Bill O'Reily stated, numerous times, all Muslims (everywhere) were guilty of killing "us" on 9-11. Same thing. So, Christians everywhere are guilty of murder. All Christians are murderers.

Have a beautiful ATS day,
ET

edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

so what's the problem?

every grouping kills.

humans kill.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
The audience was in histrionics. They cheered when Goldberg and Behar got up and left. How does that relate to your argument?

At 1:36 the audience cheered O'Reilly's statement that "70 % of Americans don't want that mosque down there, so don't give me the "we" business". Now, maybe you should go back and see for yourself how that relates to my argument to _BoneZ_'s comment. It really is easy to figure out. Oh, and here's that segment of the transcript

BILL O’REILLY: LET ME BREAK THIS TO YOU. 70% OF AMERICANS DON’T WANT THAT MOSQUE DOWN THERE, SO DON’T GIVE ME THE “WE” BUSINESS.

[APPLAUSE]
deskofbrian.com... paign=oreilly-riles-goldberg-and-behar-on-the-view-video-and-transcript

Two And A Half Men and Dancing With The Stars gets higher ratings than Breaking Bad, Mad Men, even The Big Bang Theory. So your logic indicates they are therefore better shows?

Ummm...How, exactly, does that have aything to do with my using the ratings to argue against _BoneZ_' comment that "people are tired of " listeing to O'Reilly? As a matter of fact, now that I think of it, why do you think The View has O'Reilly on so often? Here's a hint... It has something to do with ratings.

Ever heard that the American public is predominantly retarded?

You said it. Not me.

You have every right to like O'Reilly for any reason you choose, but ignoring facts for partisan rhetoric is what the "people" are sick of.

I never said whether I like him or not. But, saying that he said something that he did not is just.....retarded - i.e. limited in intellectual development.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

What Video did you watch? Here is the one I Watched, and at 1:52 he says it was Muslims that killed us on 9-11, and he says it more than once, and They are asking him to clarify, and he does clarify. "Muslims killed us on 9-11".

Oh, it was the same video. You know, the one where O'Reilly never said "all Muslims killed us" and never used the "everywhere", which it exactly what you have claimed. The only time he used the words "all" and "Muslims" together was when he said

O’REILLY: ALL RIGHT. IF ANYBODY FELT THAT I WAS DEMEANING ALL MUSLIMS, I APOLOGIZE.

deskofbrian.com... iles-goldberg-and-behar-on-the-view-video-and-transcript
edit on 14-10-2010 by WTFover because: BB code errors

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

they want you and everybody else to pretend that Muslims do not kill. whoopy and the other ladies that is.

did you see how shocked she looked?

whoooodathought?

i guess she hasnt seen the bin laden collection.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Nah. I think they showed Bill that people are tired of hearing his rhetoric and BS that comes out of his mouth.

If that is true, why did the audience cheer O'Reilly, in the OP video clip?

And why does O'Reilly consistently have more viewers than Parker/Spitzer, Keith Olberman and Nancy Grace combined?

The O’Reilly Factor– 5,291,000 viewers (1,358,000) (2,455,000)
Parker/Spitzer –2,671,000 viewers (800,000) (1,223,000)
Countdown w/ K. Olbermann – 1,097,000 viewers (298,000) (542,000)
Nancy Grace – 795,000 viewers (324,000) (448,000)

tvbythenumbers.com...

Concerning those ratings .... and Fox's ratings ... Americans' average IQ is closer to legally retarded than it is genius. Just saying

More stupid people, more stupid people watching stupid programs. It's a statistical probability.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19514a9b2b4a.jpg[/atsimg]
Another Possibility

The the majority of your retarded friends are too stupid to figure out how to use a remote, to switch on a TV, and too lazy to get up and do it themselves. The rest of you are only smart enough to to watch MSNBC.
I can prove this you know. By giving you an IQ test.
Ready?

WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR IN THE LAST ELECTION?
Yep, just as I thought. Dumb as a box of rocks.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

I was talking about WHY they walked off in the first place.

Muslims = Muslims. And he said this, or asked questions inferring this, 5 times before they walked off and he did not correct himself or change his position until after they walked off.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

How is Wisconsin treating you?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Is that you I saw staring in my window earlier? I have already told you that you are not my type!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

O’REILLY: 70% DON’T WANT IT DOWN THERE.

WHOOPI GOLDBERG: WHY IS THAT?

O’REILLY: BECAUSE IT’S INAPPROPRIATE.

GOLDBERG: WHY IS IT INAPPROPRIATE WHEN 70 FAMILIES DIED…

O’REILLY: BECAUSE MUSLIMS KILLED US ON 9/11, THAT’S WHY!

GOLDBERG: NO! OH MY GOD! THAT IS SUCH [EXPLETIVE DELETED]!

O’REILLY: MUSLIMS DIDN’T KILL US ON 9/11? THAT’S WHAT YOU’RE SAYING?

GOLDBERG: EXTREMISTS DID THAT!

[CROSSTALK]

O’REILLY: I’M TELLING YOU, 70% OF THE COUNTRY…

BEHAR: I DON’T WANT TO SIT HERE. I DON’T. I’M OUTRAGED BY THAT STATEMENT.

O’REILLY: YOU’RE OUTRAGED ABOUT MUSLIMS KILLING US ON 9/11?

[BEHAR AND GOLDBERG WALK OFF THE SET]

BARBARA WALTERS: I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING. I WANT TO SAY SOMETHING TO ALL OF YOU. YOU HAVE JUST SEEN WHAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE DISCUSSIONS WITHOUT WASHING OUR HANDS AND SCREAMING AND WALKING OFFSTAGE. I LOVE MY COLLEAGUES. IT SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. NOW, LET ME JUST SAY TO YOU IN A CALMER VOICE. IT WAS EXTREMISTS. YOU CANNOT TAKE A WHOLE RELIGION AND DEMEAN THEM.

O’REILLY: I’M NOT DEMEANING ANYBODY.

WALTERS: YES, YOU ARE.

O’REILLY: NO, I’M NOT.

[CROSSTALK]

O’REILLY: AND IF THAT’S WHAT YOU THINK…

WALTERS: THAT’S WHAT I THINK.

O’REILLY: MUSLIM EXTREMISTS KILLED US.

[CROSSTALK]

O’REILLY: HERE’S THE ISSUE. HERE’S WHAT HAS TO BE UNDERSTOOD…

WALTERS: YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE.

SHERRI SHEPHERD: YOU’VE GOT TO MAKE A DISTINCTION, BILL.

O’REILLY: ALL RIGHT. IF ANYBODY FELT THAT I WAS DEMEANING ALL MUSLIMS, I APOLOGIZE.
Source/Link

He knew what he was saying, he knew was presenting his words in a general reference to Muslims. He knew the hosts of the show were asking for a differentiation between all Muslims and those who allegedly carried out the attacks. He knew what he was saying and how he was presenting himself, and his body language reflects this, also.

That Mosque should be a non-issue compared to the hundreds of millions of taxpayers money unaccounted for in spending in war. Fox spends less than 2% of their air time on what is going on in the warzones, I mean really reporting the details of it. I saw first hand a contract with KBR, a subsidiary of Haliburton, had at Ballad AB in Iraq. We were paying them 2.1 million dollars annually, and had been for 3 years to supply and reservice portable fire extinguishers. They were not complying with their contract with you and me. Nope, they were sending people to the fire department, and we had to buy them new ones from another subsidiary of Haliburton. 2.1 million dollars times 3 years. 6.3 million dollars, and this is just a small sliver of the money spent on ... nothing.

But, details like this are off topic
Let's talk about this Mosque near ground zero.

Where did hundreds of millions get lost in warzones? Hey, they are talking about building a Mosque near ground Zero!
What is the story?

misdirection, in my opinion.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
why are we watching the view anyways for political correctness? Things happen a certain way.. So sad in 2010, we cannot find the honest we find adieu. A society so scared to see the black and white.. What have we come to? A show called the view...

I feel like I am waiting for someone not even born yet.. Alone all covered in you..

How did we learn to walk with such a stance....

Lets lie down and ignore those bright sparks past the hues...

Bicent, is sad...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Is that you I saw staring in my window earlier? I have already told you that you are not my type!

I just wanted to get this quoted before any edits

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Originally posted by rakkasansct
Ms. Goldberg and Ms. Behar just showed what empty minded fools they are.

Nah. I think they showed Bill that people are tired of hearing his rhetoric and BS that comes out of his mouth.

It is nice that they speak for the people...not

And boy did they show him...hehe

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I agree that we need to get back on topic but first we have one itsy bitsy detail to work out.

Can you explain to me why you got Upset about O'rielly saying Muslims killed Americans on 9/11 then turn right around and stated that the average American is border line retarded?
How does that make you any better than him?

Point taken about the edits, I would hate to lose this..........

Concerning those ratings .... and Fox's ratings ... Americans' average IQ is closer to legally retarded than it is genius. Just saying

More stupid people, more stupid people watching stupid programs. It's a statistical probability.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: add quote

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

When American soldiers are blowing up women and children in Afghanistan do you say "Christians killed those people" ? - Do you say "Christian Extremists"

Bill O'Reilly is a fear-monger-shock-jock-pig-evil-douche-bag who should not be allowed to be on air.

I don't know how peeps don't recognise the (not-so)subtle racist, elitist and fascist propaganda stream that is Fox.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Yay for Bill O'Reilly
Bout time someone made those two walk off the set

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

I agree that we need to get back on topic but first we have one itsy bitsy detail to work out.

Can you explain to me why you got Upset about O'rielly saying Muslims killed Americans on 9/11 then turn right around and stated that the average American is border line retarded?

Ya, I just made it up

the average of all american IQ's is in the 90s.

legally retarded is an IQ of 75 and below. genius is an IQ of 140 and above. which is 98 closer to? genius or legally retarded? here is a visual aid, where l = the middle inbetween legally retarded and genius, and each dot = 1 IQ point:

75......................98..........l...............................140

legally retarded is an IQ of 75. i wouldn't say the majority of the FOX "News" networks targetted audience is in towards the genius demographic range considering the national average IQ is closer to retarded than genius.

those are just the statistics. don't be angry with the messenger.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Anyone who thinks anything more than 2-dimensionally will realise that Fox is the devils work.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Are you yourself included in the average IQ bracket?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join