It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by rakkasansct
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Yes I do think they didn't have an arguement. They started getting angry when he spoke out about the mosque, Obama, and how 70% of Americans don't want a mosque at ground zero.

They walked away when he accused all Muslims of being guilty of murdering us on 9-11. He said this more than once, and he was also referring to (according to some accounts) 7 million American Muslims.

He accused more than a billion Muslims worldwide and millions of Americans as murderers.

The only one I like on Fox is Beck.

That's your problem. When his actions and behaviors are consistent with what he panders lip service to, when he can demonstrate himself the expectations he has of others, I'll start taking him ... well let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

Glenn Beck lies. period.

pleasantries,
ET

link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Fox News. Where Karl Rove has his own theme music...

And Glenn Beck rules the world....

It seems that everyone who is on FOX news has been a major failure at something. Glenn Beck is a well known alcoholic, who admittedly, claims to be "recovering", Sarah Palin quit during her first term as Governor (still hasn't adequately been explained why) amongst multiple lawsuits about ethics, Oliver North, well can't say enough bad things about him, Karl Rove succeeded in bringing us arguably the biggest failure of a President in US history, and the list goes on.

link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
Nah. I think they showed Bill that people are tired of hearing his rhetoric and BS that comes out of his mouth.

If that is true, why did the audience cheer O'Reilly, in the OP video clip?

And why does O'Reilly consistently have more viewers than Parker/Spitzer, Keith Olberman and Nancy Grace combined?

The O’Reilly Factor– 5,291,000 viewers (1,358,000) (2,455,000)
Parker/Spitzer –2,671,000 viewers (800,000) (1,223,000)
Countdown w/ K. Olbermann – 1,097,000 viewers (298,000) (542,000)
Nancy Grace – 795,000 viewers (324,000) (448,000)

tvbythenumbers.com...

Kinda looks like Whoopi, Joy and you are among the few who are "tired of hearing his rhetoric and BS that comes out of his mouth". You have every right to not like O'Reilly for any reason you choose, but ignoring facts for partisan rhetoric is what the "people" are sick of.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I say too bad they'll be back tomorrow! They ask him to come on to talk about it but cant handle the truth to bad,
if you don't like a persons point of view then don't ask him to give it ! 70% of Americans don't want it,what happened to majority rules? Maybe they should change the name of the show to The Veiw we want you to have !

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

They walked away when he accused all Muslims of being guilty of murdering us on 9-11.

No, he didn't. You would know so if you would bother to listen to his explanation given on his show for his wording. When he was saying "Muslim's", he was meaning it in terms of an overarching label for the group we are fighting, who are fighting under the flag of Islam, much like how we called the Japanese we were fighting, "Japanese". Hey, there were Japanese people who didn't want to bomb us, even within the command structure of the country. But we didn't designate labels.

While I certainly wouldn't choose the wording he used, his reasoning behind it is sound and ultimately he was not accusing all Muslim's of being murderers.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

he accused all Muslims of being guilty of murdering us on 9-11...
...He accused more than a billion Muslims worldwide and millions of Americans as murderers.

Though that is what you wanted to hear, it most definitely is not what he said and not what he meant. But, I'm pretty certain you already know that and only want to convince those of feeble mind to believe you.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   
They walked off because MOST Progressives/liberals do not like a debate they know they can not win. That's is why so many of them Hate Beck as much as they do.
They can not counter 1/10 of what he says so they play the smear game their so good at and call him liar,bigot, racist or anything else they can think of to try and make him look bad.
Kieth Oberman is just as annoying as Beck but they love him because he tells them exactly what they WANT to hear.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Quadrivium because: spelling

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
typical over dramatic whoopy.

what oreily should have said was "if it were christian extremists that blew up the towers on 9/11 and the families didnt want a church to be built there, i would be saying to not build the church there either."

then i think he would have been bombarded with less confusion and stupidity.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

" Bill O'Reilly was invited to "The View" to talk politics and his new book. But Joy and Whoopi were angered by Bill's comments and walked off of the set. Not that it's the least bit surprising. Bill O'Reilly angers quite a many every time he opens his mouth on TV. He has no business being on TV, in my opinion. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

They are the low-life scum of the media. They are a detriment to human-kind. "

Let me ask you this , Exactlly what did Bill O'Reilly say on the " View " that seems to be so Offensive to you ? Would it happen to be his Comments about the Mosque , and the Fact that MOST Americans in this Country find it's Location so Close to the 9/11 Ground Zero Site Inappropriate even though the Builders of it have Every Legal Right to Build it there ? If that is the case , then you are a Very Closed Minded Individual to even say what you have just said about this Gentlemen and other Americans who Happen to Agree with him .

edit on 14-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
...wow, lots of panties in wads over this one... maybe yawl got too much time on your hands and should come over and weed my garden, work out all that frustration... i'll even compensate - free pecan trees (all that you dig up)...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Wyn Hawks

I don't have the Time to come over to your Place and Weed your Garden because I am to Busy Working at a JOB I Still have , and trying to Feed and Clothe my Family is my Main Priority Right Now .

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Honestly and thank goodness, I've not watched "The View" - EVAR!!! The women on that show are out of control - too much feminism (i.e. women who act and dress like men). Bring back the loving mothers and wives.

They are the low-life scum of the media. They are a detriment to human-kind.

Both sides ("The View" and "O'Reily") are playing with the public viewers. Truly, I do NOT agree of the Mosque being built near/at ground zero. Equally, I disagree with ALL Muslims killing people on that fateful 9/11 event.
edit on 2010-10-14 by pikypiky because: To correct for close parenthesis...

edit on 2010-10-14 by pikypiky because: To add additional sentence to first paragraph...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WTFover

Nah. I think they showed Bill that people are tired of hearing his rhetoric and BS that comes out of his mouth.

And why does O'Reilly consistently have more viewers than Parker/Spitzer, Keith Olberman and Nancy Grace combined?

The O’Reilly Factor– 5,291,000 viewers (1,358,000) (2,455,000)
Parker/Spitzer –2,671,000 viewers (800,000) (1,223,000)
Countdown w/ K. Olbermann – 1,097,000 viewers (298,000) (542,000)
Nancy Grace – 795,000 viewers (324,000) (448,000)

tvbythenumbers.com...

Concerning those ratings .... and Fox's ratings ... Americans' average IQ is closer to legally retarded than it is genius. Just saying

More stupid people, more stupid people watching stupid programs. It's a statistical probability.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by newBodyoldSoul
Barbara Walters got it right. What ever happened to legit conversation and debate?

Walking off stage is immature and inappropriate IMO.

All Christians on this planet are guilty of murder. Let's discuss and have a conversation about this.

Bill O'Reily stated, numerous times, all Muslims (everywhere) were guilty of killing "us" on 9-11. Same thing. So, Christians everywhere are guilty of murder. All Christians are murderers.

Have a beautiful ATS day,
ET

edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

"It took me about a year to start hating the victims of 9-11"
- Glenn Beck

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Kinda looks like Whoopi, Joy and you are among the few who are "tired of hearing his rhetoric and BS that comes out of his mouth". You have every right to not like O'Reilly for any reason you choose, but ignoring facts for partisan rhetoric is what the "people" are sick of.

The audience was in histrionics. They cheered when Goldberg and Behar got up and left. How does that relate to your argument?

Two And A Half Men and Dancing With The Stars gets higher ratings than Breaking Bad, Mad Men, even The Big Bang Theory. So your logic indicates they are therefore better shows? Ever heard that the American public is predominantly retarded?

You have every right to like O'Reilly for any reason you choose, but ignoring facts for partisan rhetoric is what the "people" are sick of.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

he accused all Muslims of being guilty of murdering us on 9-11...
...He accused more than a billion Muslims worldwide and millions of Americans as murderers.

Though that is what you wanted to hear, it most definitely is not what he said and not what he meant.

What Video did you watch? Here is the one I Watched, and at 1:52 he says it was Muslims that killed us on 9-11, and he says it more than once, and They are asking him to clarify, and he does clarify. "Muslims killed us on 9-11".

edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

They walked away when he accused all Muslims of being guilty of murdering us on 9-11.

No, he didn't.

Yes he did. @ 1:52, and a few times after that, too

Here's the video:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Sorry, double post
edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: remove double post

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Bill O'Reily stated, numerous times, all Muslims (everywhere) were guilty of killing "us" on 9-11.

Do you think that will miraculously become true, if only you repeat it enough times? Or, are you just hoping those who you call "retarded" will fall for it?

Where is ol' Joe Wilson when you really need him?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join