It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill O'Reilly causes Joy and Whoopi to walk off set of "The View"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
THe view is often so one sided on opinion.
Honestly, I cant stand the show.
Also the view is very pro Obama, it makes me sick. The man is just not doing a good job...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Drama whores, one and all... But they all know how to get ratings and make money!

I'm not sure which is worse, this show, or the fact that people actually watch it.

It's like bad acting from professional wrestlers before a big fake pay-per-view event.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
He has no business being on TV, in my opinion. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

They are the low-life scum of the media. They are a detriment to human-kind.

edit on 14-10-2010 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

Alas, just another liberal here on ATS that is under the totally incorrect impression that first amendment free speech rights exist only for their fellow liberals.

EVERYONE has a right to their opinions and free speech.

In preparation for your monumental election defeats next month, liberals to to finally understand that O'Reilly, Hannity and Beck didn't cause your defeats. The cause is that people saw what the "change" liberals and progressives offer really is and soundly reject it.

You had your chances starting in 2006 and have decisively blown it. Just as Bush somehow made obama look good enough to elect, now obama has made the lot of you look bad enough to throw out of office.

The fault is in your collective mirrors.

edit on 10/14/2010 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

He has no business being on TV, in my opinion. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

actually they do have business being on tv. they're on fox and they have millions of viewers and make tons of money and use that success to sell books and spin off into other media. i'm not sure what you mean by 'no business.'

if joy and whoopi weren't smart enough or willing to counter the stuff he was saying and instead to walk off the job, then i suggest they have no business being on tv.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Joy & Whoopi are no different from BIll O'reilly, except that they're idiots from the other side of the aisle.

It took a lot of class to walk off the set of a TV show....i say that with sarcasm, mind you

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by rakkasansct

and how 70% of Americans don't want a mosque at ground zero.

I think this one point is what pushed Whoopi and Joy over the edge. Before Bill could finish his statement, the crowd reacted with thunderous clapping and a few cheers. Seems to me when their own audience agrees with someone else, they just couldn't handle it. Just my opinion. Mebbe I'm right, mebbe I'm wrong. It's just a TV show.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Bill O'Reilly angers quite a many every time he opens his mouth on TV. He has no business being on TV, in my opinion. Bill O'Reilly, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck; all have no business being on TV.

I guess I don't have to ask if you believe in FREE SPEECH in this country! I guess you feel only the far left are allowed the right of free speech.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by retiredTxn

I think your exactly right. They had no idea how to have a factual conversation, with someone that doesn't love the current president. When presented with facts, there position crumbled.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
The outstanding problem here is that the majority of Americans get their news and information from either biased right, or biased left agenda driven, politically motivated television/radio.

Regardless of which side of these issues you are currently on, don't miss the fact that just being on one side or the other with these television personalities means that you have likely been influenced by one side or the other and may have completely failed to think for yourself.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Very, very rare for hosts to walk off their own show - shows no class in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

It took a lot of class to walk off the set of a TV show....i say that with sarcasm, mind you

I agree, and I must praise those who stayed. Barbara chastised Whoopi and Joy, then continued with the discussion. Elizabeth confronted Bill intelligently and without starting a shouting match. Kudo's to Barbara Walters for showing these two know-it-alls what class and grace is.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'm watching Sean Hannity right now. I can feel my IQ dwindling. Does he ever have any unattractive intelligent women on his program?

Sean Hannity. What a venomous putz.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I'm sure that the producers of the show told those two to get their ***** back on the set, or they're fired.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
O'Reilly is an idiot and The View girls are pathetic.

I mean, at least Bill can create an argument.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by snusfanatic
if joy and whoopi weren't smart enough or willing to counter the stuff he was saying and instead to walk off the job, then i suggest they have no business being on tv.

Counter What? All 1.8 billion muslims in the world killed "us" on 9-11?

Counter What? All 7 million muslims in America killed "us" on 9-11?

Smart is not engaging with stupid. Engage ignorance, sure. Stupid you can walk away from. No harm, no foul.

Sean Hannity sure is a real piece of work

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Fox News. Where Karl Rove has his own theme music.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Fox News. Where Karl Rove has his own theme music...

And Glenn Beck rules the world....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
While Mr. O'Reilly's point of view isn't shared by all, it was extremely unprofessional of the show's hosts to walk off the set during the interview.

There are very few times that this sort of behaviour has happened during TV interviews (Muhammed Ali punching Michael Parkinson comes to mind), but seldom from the side of the show host.

They should have stayed and completed the interview, regardless of the interviewee's position.

Hell, if Jon Stewart can tolerate Bill O'Reilly on his show, then anyone can! Mr. O'Reilly has been interviewed recently on The Comedy Network and CNN, both of which are known FOX adversaries, but both of these networks treated Mr. O'Reilly with respect and professionalism.

I for one do not watch the view and only watch the O'Reilly show for a laugh (but saw the "lowlights" of this interview), and this reaction was totally unnecessary.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Yes, because regardless of the validity of either side of an argument, outright ignoring opposing viewpoints will surely lead us all to understanding, and common ground......

Reminds me of the scene from The Burbs where Tom Hanks plugs his ears and chants : "Im not going to listen to you, Im not going to listen to you"

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Does he ever have any unattractive intelligent women on his program?

Closest he gets is unattractive dumb liberals. Sorry, couldn't resist. If you dislike him so much, why watch? I refuse to watch him 'cause I don't like his holier than thou attitude. If he would let his guests finish a statement, he might appear more credible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join