It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Defaulting On Home Loans and the Banking Conspiracy

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dbloch7986

Home ownership is a privelidge, not a right. Not every person should be a homeowner. Any individual person has the responsibility of knowing what they can afford and what they can not afford. Americans have the blame somebody else mentality when something goes wrong, rather than taking personal responsibility. Spill a coffee on yourself, sue the company that sold you the coffee! Default on a mortgage, gotta be the big banks fault, not mine! Come on, lets all grow up! Big bank conspiracy? No. Big bank greed? Yeah, I'll buy into that argument. If you start talking about a conspiracy at the Federal Reserve Bank, then I will agree with a conspiracy. There is a big difference between big banks and the Federal Reserve. Big banks are just pawns of the Federal Reserve. Big banks are no differrent than any other fortune 500 company, just out to make a buck. Conspiracy in big banks? No. Unethical business practices? Yes, just like other big businesses. I would love to see my fellow Americans stop blaming everybody else for their problems and take personal responsibility for their own actions. When you sign a note at a bank, know what your signing. Just my 2 cents

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by YeshuaWarrior

Home ownership is a privelidge, not a right.

baloney!

Not every person should be a homeowner.

why not?

Big bank conspiracy?

yeah

Big bank greed?

yeah

time to wake up sunshine

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I was just surfing through youtube and this video really grabbed my attention

i don't know who the music is; but it is a bill cooper mix with
ummmm

i think maynard keenan from tool
i dont' know to be honest with you

somebody let me know

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
took a while to read thru all the stuff in this thread. lots of good stuff, people really do need to learn a lot more about how banking works. Unplugging from it as much as possible is certainly a good idea. I still can't really buy into a huge conspiracy, more like a lot of stupid people doing stupid things that pile up over time - much of it unintended consequences. People are remarkably good at failure to think things through and manage to create all sorts of messes. (I doubt the people that pushed prohibition planned to grow the mafia for instance).
The children born into debt is interesting ..I think they are by the simple fact of being born. We all owe previous generations for the world we have, from the first caveman to use fire to edison and tesla ..and of course we 'owe' them for inventing fractional reserve banking too.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   

The failure to understand is all yours and for others too. Yes, you've made a measure of progress by explaining what you just understood in your post.

But do you realize the real corruption is inherently in the stealing of the land of a nation that predates yours and that there is a karmic debt related to that? That occupying land which is not rightfully yours to begin with is pure theft initially, no matter what your own corporations and government do?

Do you realize that your whining, although it can help some see clearer, is nowhere near to atoning for the genocide brought upon the natives?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Lying, cheating, and fraud has come to be the american way...
look at the housing mess....ya, there were some big rule breakers at the top, but well, every step of the process were filled with fraud and lies! Look at the world you are living in, how many people do you know of who are twisting the truth to gain a tax advantage? how many people do you know who are getting aide from the gov't, who thinks they are single, with a bunch of children, but well.....there's some guy living with them? how many people in your workplace are not following the rules....
and well.....who is it that is seems is getting rewarded??

where I work, there's a rule, at least that what my boss told me ....you use the ink as it comes, you don't add anything to it.....okay...but well, he can't print with the ink out of the bucket......

I know, I set him up, so he would have to try....
well, as a few of us were trying to print according to the rules,.....the supervisor was adding thinner into some people's ink, others were adding the fluid that we use to clean our tools (not really a good thing to do!!)....

and, well, after I had that little talk with my boss where he told me that no one was to adding anything to the ink, well.....I walked away with the idea...either my boss is lying to me, or well..he actually believes what he is saying, believing that we were all following this rule, and it was actually working!!! but, well, I have a hernia from pushing that thick ink and often times was still producing a crappy product, no matter how much pressure I used to get the ink through the screen! it wasn't working!! I walked away thinking that I had a few choices, I could go along with the rest, and do things behind his back....buy a bottle of thinner and hide it at my station (wasn't any way I was gonna add solvent into it!)...or well, keep within the rules that I knew wasn't working....
I decided the latter and began making moves to just get out of the shop.

I would propose that what I just described in this little story is something that can also describe what has gone on in the bigger picture...
we have a bunch of systems and rules that haven't been working for a very long time now....
only we have had enough cheaters, liars, and fraudsters around to give us the illusion that it has been...
and well, if that illusion hadn't been there for so long, we could have reacted much earlier, fixed the quirks in those laws and rules, and would have been okay. but instead, well....
let's go back to the shop where I work...
the orders come back as defective, some look like crap because the people printing them were trying to print with ink that just wasn't suitable for printing, others have the ink degrading because solvent was mixed in with the ink, and well, the supervisor has set up her pets (the ones who actually got the priviledge of printing right) as the best printers in the shop, being rewarded the most.....and the company suffers all the way around!

but well....
you can't blame this mess only on the banking system, or the monetary system.....
there's just too many people in the society who are willing to compromise their integrity, some because it's too close to impossible to live if they don't, some because well, the rewards are just too much to resist, and, well, any set of rules and laws will appear to work as long as enough people are willing (and allowed to) break them!
edit on 16-10-2010 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

we have a bunch of systems and rules that haven't been working for a very long time now....
only we have had enough cheaters, liars, and fraudsters around to give us the illusion that it has been...

A whole lot of truth here! I wonder how many of us realize it. If we honestly look back on our own individual lives, I wonder how many times "success" came from drawing outside the lines? Or because we set aside integrity, and went with what worked at the moment. And that goes all the way to the top, with probably the most "successful" being the most aggressive "rule-breakers." Certainly, it was that way through history, with the biggest, and baddest, ruling the "nicest" and weakest.

I think today the thing people need to realize is that often our versions of doing the "right thing", are in reality simple scripts for being "good slaves." From "law", to religious notions, to societal "norms", and customs, we are born into, and constantly immersed in a system that makes demands upon us. Some are reasonable, usually forms of "do unto others", but others are not logical to begin with, and often damaging to our own best interests.

In the US, there is an annual tradition of actually signing your name to written pages of lies and deceit. They call it "income taxes", but because the very concept of "income" is quite personal, the vile IRS seemingly has been given the power to know all of your business. Of course, the vast majority do what is natural in spite of the absurdity, and try to "get away with" paying as little as possible, whether within their rules, or not. But such a system essentially demands that everyone with a brain, lies and "cheats".

Lots of examples comes to mind, but I'm sure others will come along with good ones.

Great post. I think next time we see someone "successful", we might do well to remind ourselves of what is likely behind the facade. And perhaps we can have this kind of superficial "success" too. We just have to be willing to see the light, and pay the price. Perhaps rules really were made to be broken...

JR

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SonOfG

stealing and occupying other peoples land is wrong yes, but surely thats not the op's fault. he's simply asking people to consider that this is just a part of a much bigger picture. I suggest you read the thread "all roads lead to rome" that will explain in much clearer detail. if it wasnt for dbloch and others like him getting this information out we the people would know next to nothing. these slimeballs are raping our nations and implementing slavery at every given chance. we need to band together people and rid our lands of these scum. As someone mentioned earlier these greedy power hungry monsters are making it hard for us to move without them having a say in it. Is this how you want to live? its happening right under our noses right here right now. now is not the time to argue and fight about whose right and whose wrong were just creating divisions among ourselves here. what we need is a worldwide movement split into small groups to get the word out that we are all being had big time. and it needs to be done now. im a free person and trust me i will die a free person. the time for argueing and talking is over period.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

I think today the thing people need to realize is that often our versions of doing the "right thing", are in reality simple scripts for being "good slaves." From "law", to religious notions, to societal "norms", and customs, we are born into, and constantly immersed in a system that makes demands upon us. Some are reasonable, usually forms of "do unto others", but others are not logical to begin with, and often damaging to our own best interests

couldnt have put it better myself

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonOfG

The failure to understand is all yours and for others too. Yes, you've made a measure of progress by explaining what you just understood in your post.

But do you realize the real corruption is inherently in the stealing of the land of a nation that predates yours and that there is a karmic debt related to that? That occupying land which is not rightfully yours to begin with is pure theft initially, no matter what your own corporations and government do?

Do you realize that your whining, although it can help some see clearer, is nowhere near to atoning for the genocide brought upon the natives?

yikes

while i see what you are saying in theory

its speculation based upon a mythical belief in some unseen
but yet unproven force called karma
whether it exists we only know
through well executed religious propaganda

but maybe
you are here to characterize the faithful clod
because we all live in a world enslaved
my friend
the son of G

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

one shouldn't have to break the rules of the game, just to play the game....
it's illogical for a society to run under such rules.
while I agree that there are many of people who just bought much more house than they could afford....I also know that for many, the initial payment was less than what they could rent a suitable home of the same size for. and well, I am always pointing to that gap in the income bracket, where a family can conceivably find themselves not being able to afford the basic necessities and yet, not qualifying for crap!! the rules don't work, and these people are proof that they don't work!! they are kind of forceh to either live at what most of us would consider substandard conditions, or to change their situation, find a way to, even if that means borrowing too much, or changing the family structure and well, reducing the family income by eliminating the primary breadwinner, or something.....
these people are the ones that the predatory lenders love to find...these are the ones that were probably hired to robosign tons of documents, lie about the quality of the loans, ect....hairdressers, pizza delivery guys, ect....????
get the people desparate enough, they will sell their soul to the devil.....
so, well, looks like ya got a few choices...
you can just say heck with it, if you can't beat them join them....and become a rulebreaker yourself, prove that you are willing to compromise your values enough times, hey, maybe you can make it to the top!!!
you can do what I decided to do at work, begin to move out of the situation, just walk away!!! kind of hard to walk away from society though...
or well, you can stay tough and let your convictions rule you, regardless of what results that brings...
but, well, if you ask me, we should just stop playing the game, demand they make the game a little more saner where one can follow the rules, and still find life enjoyable....

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

you can just say heck with it, if you can't beat them join them....and become a rulebreaker yourself, prove that you are willing to compromise your values enough times, hey, maybe you can make it to the top!!!
you can do what I decided to do at work, begin to move out of the situation, just walk away!!! kind of hard to walk away from society though...
or well, you can stay tough and let your convictions rule you

Yeah, it's a sad situation, but one of the break-throughs many of us make is that most of our "values" were handed to us by the "Massa" of the plantation. Once we see this, we begin to see through Massa's "rules", and realize he is giving us these rules for HIS benefit, not necessarily ours.

Of course, that being said, I don't necessarily think we need to "compromise our values", we just need to get our own set of values, and see Massa's values for what they are. For a while, we may still feel "guilty" for disobeying Massa, but after a time, we may even come to feel good! Certainly, when we begin to see the benefits from thinking free (which must spill over into our lives too), we may decide one day that we don't need Massa's way of thinking anymore.

Like I've said in other posts, there is a genuine "core" value-set that we should all recognize, and strive to live up to, that is, "do unto others", the Golden Rule, known in antiquity. It's so simple really, to understand that whatever hurts our neighbor, is really "wrong", we certainly would not want our neighbor to hurt us. But when it gets a bit farther out, things can get wonky.

For example, religion has a whole set of ideas that don't seem to help the individual very much at all. Some of the more popular religious ideas, in spite of being utterly preposterous, are down-right unhealthy to believe in, and yet, millions hold onto what they were given anyway. The "hell" doctrine comes to mind. And yet, having the masses truly believe in such nonsense may actually help our rulers. As the ancients pointed out, "hell" was created by the ruling class, to better manage an unruly mob, who might easily cut the Master's throat, if they weren't so worried about hell-fire!

Today, when we're faced with moral situations, what is our "compass"? Are we worried about a "god" coming after us, or pridefully "doing the right thing", or do we truly have a concern that our actions may have real consequences, in the here and now. Example: You work for a "boss", and you have an opportunity to steal from him. But you realize that stealing from him, is stealing from his (innocent) family too. You also see that you could easily be in his shoes, and would not want anyone stealing from you. Besides, he has placed trust in you, and if you are merely "true to yourself", you may well choose not to be a "thief".

But things get fuzzy when it comes to the faceless corporate "boss", or the government. At this point, perhaps many of us do try and think about the bigger picture, rightfully guessing that if "everybody" (cheated on taxes), then maybe the whole thing would come tumbling down. But what happens when the system is radically corrupt? What goes through the honest person's mind when they know "their" money is going to be wasted by their government? Worse, what if a person of some conviction really doesn't want to give their money to a corrupt government, who may promote things they do not care for, abortion, war, the enslavement of their fellows?

And yet, it's far too easy to degenerate into versions of Massa, and only worry about being caught. That can't be right either! Back to keeping it simple, being true to ourselves, and having genuine concern for our neighbor, in the same sense that we wish to be treated.

I applaud your courage to "walk away" from a bad work situation, not everyone can do that. Hopefully, something more resonant with who you are, and who you are becoming will present itself. No, we can't exactly walk away from society, even hermits carried that "society" with them into the caves.

But we can begin to look at things from a new perspective, and see where that leads us. For me, it was as "simple" as trying to see things from our Master's viewpoint. Once we start thinking in this manner, much becomes clear. And we, formerly slaves, might even aspire to freedom one day.

JR

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
well, the way I look at it, is that when society fails you, like well, let's take our grand healthcare system, which so many of us find so unaffordable.....
okay, the doctors, the hospitals, the insurance companies can charge whatever they want really, they can make it unaccessable as they want to as many as they want....
but well...for one, they shouldn't expect those they just made the system unaccessible pitch in their money to support their system, or other patients that they may have. and two....they should have no say if those that they have made it unaccessible to decide to go down their own paths when it comes to healing their bodies, ya know, like herbal remedies and such. which they do try to do, and will continue to do so...
so well, don't be surprised if I find LEGAL ways to reduce the amount of taxes I have to give to the gov't, so they can turn around and give to a system that I find unaccessible, and don't be surprised if you happen to find ephedra in my house, it helps my respiratory problems...
or well, if I find I can't find a way to live comfortably in society, don't be surprised if you find me up hiding in the mountains in a national park, living in a cave, or in a shelter that I built for myself, and fishing in the river or stream....and harvesting the many edible plants that are growing wildly all around!
which, by the way, just about every cell in my body is screaming at me that it's time for one member of the family to go and start breaking ground on,,,because well, let's face it, there would be cheaters, liars, and thieves if things got really tough than their would be people who were willing to stick to their values (and I am not talking about religous values here, but the values your heart holds within it....like the golden rule) and risk starvation. sometimes, it's better not to have that many people around you....it's getting to be about that time, I'm afraid.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

That is so right. But the trick is that people are so convinced that the behavorial modification is of their own accord. If you want to convince someone, anyone to do something the trick is to make it seem like their own idea. That's why I liked the movie Inception so much!

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by kolcath

I'm glad I could inspire someone to join the conversation!

Thanks for posting. I hope you pass mine and Proto's work around to as many people as possible. The whole idea is to get this info out there!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I think that the Banking Conspiracy is sort of a sub-conspiracy to All Roads Lead to Rome.

I think that All Roads Lead to Rome is the mother of all other conspiracies on Earth today.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by YeshuaWarrior

You are wrong in a big part of your theory.

It is every human being's right, just as it is every other living creature's right on planet Earth to own a part of the planet they were born on. That right has been denied to millions if not billions of people by the banks.

You are right about the banks being the pawns of the Federal Reserve which completely contradicts everything else you said and even contradicts the fact that you disagree with me.

You have to push the idea that you can't own anything away from your face and understand that it is absolutely your right to own something. Everyone should be allowed to own things. There are two people with the power to take things you own away from you. One of them is the Banks and the other is the Government at all of its various levels.

If a simple human takes something that another human owns we call it stealing. If the bank takes it, or the government takes it we call it Imminent Domain or repossession or collateral.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Josephus23

There is actually a very extensive thread on the Bohemian Grove here.

Proto gave some great information on it. I would absolutely love to be part of that party!

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I wouldn't call it hatred towards these so-called "victims".

I liken them to people who spend more than they make, more than what they can really afford. Their ignorance in pursuing the "American Dream" is what led them to this problem.

I just don't buy the victim part. You should never borrow more money than you can actually pay. People don't need $200,000 homes and they should be able to make do with something that costs less.

There is no conspiracy here. The blame is actually 50/50, the banks for willingly loaning money to people who couldn't afford and those same people who took the bait and now find themselves locked out of their homes.

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chett

The best way to hide something is to make it look like a series of mistakes. However, when a series of mistakes pile up, all lead back to the same place and appear in the same places--when all those coincidences start to add up the inevitable conclusion is that the result was intentional. The fact of the matter is, the deeper that you dig the more convoluted it gets and the more tangled you get in the web. The best way to view it is from the surface. That is where you will see the patterns.

If you dive underneath the water and look up you'd never see the ripples. If you are standing above it and look down there is a clear pattern. We are all fish swimming under the water. Sometimes it is a good idea to leap up once in a while and look down,

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join