It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Proof The Sea Floor Moved....Discussion of Explosions in the Gulf...Is BP Causing Them?

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Then they switched text from "cementing ops"....to "move rig to SAFE ZONE"

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Another view of BP cementing the well after removing BOP and riser...AGAIN

edit on 6-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Then they switched text from "cementing ops"....to "move rig to SAFE ZONE"

Great stuff Ektar and Kat, lots of work for a dead well!!

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Check out this CRATER near the well! BK....what do you make of this? It looks just like the crater Ektar caught a while back.....it's at :39 in the vid...

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
MUST SEE.....here's the whole video of the bop being unlatched and the choas afterward....

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Great videos!! & Huge crater...I noticed the first explosive moment at 3:52 the
ROV light & the "T-post" go down & then get forced up with a good jolt.

The Crater was there before they removed the BOP...wonder what it looks like
down there now? All feeds are down.
Great work Kat!!

Ektar

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Oh yes.... the ROV in the background was getting thrown all over the place.... Remember a while back when I said there was a big blowout next to the BOP? I bet that's what the crater is from.....it was a big one! BP has one DD cam up now....they don't show Skandi on there anymore, but it's up....Go here to see Skandi www.wkrg.com... ....Skandi is watching new umbilical installations... they don't show it on bp's site, but I found it! They don't call me "stealthy" for nothin LOL! They are hiding feeds....the other day I was watching DD1 and suddenly, it flashed a veiw from somewhere else, and switched back, like in a second.....those other ROV's are working, they are just hiding it!

edit on 7-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2010 by StealthyKat because: correction

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cfbd3f682c72.jpg[/atsimg]
Yes Skat and Ektar. Great job. I was busy writing a new article. But this crater must be one of the earlier blows in May where a video showed gas & oil gushing out less than 25ft from the well. The ROV on this video moved around this distance I reckon. This is a great find. Thanks a lot. It just confirms what we had been saying all along.

You notice the thin sharp crust (well thin with respect to the crater). That is the cement or grout layer. Beneath must be mainly drilling mud I suppose. Natural blow crater would be more V shape than this. If we can get an engineer to calculate the strength we can estimate the pressure that had built up below the blow.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Ektar, how did you know the crater was there before they took off the BOP? Would like to see the video if you have. Could you remember which day was it?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
They were just doing a BHA weight test whatever that means....the pipe bent and broke....bubbles started coming out of the cement job from yesterday....epic fail once again....about to post video if you want to see it. Where the sea floor was all messed up in yesterday's cementing video, it looks all smooth today around the well. Perhaps they gave it a touch up? Be back with video soon.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Today they did a BHA weight test. BHA stands for Bottom Hole Assembly....here is the definition....

bottomhole assembly

1. n. [Drilling] ID: 1231

The lower portion of the drillstring, consisting of (from the bottom up in a vertical well) the bit, bit sub, a mud motor (in certain cases), stabilizers, drill collar, heavy-weight drillpipe, jarring devices ("jars") and crossovers for various threadforms. The bottomhole assembly must provide force for the bit to break the rock (weight on bit), survive a hostile mechanical environment and provide the driller with directional control of the well. Oftentimes the assembly includes a mud motor, directional drilling and measuring equipment, measurements-while-drilling tools, logging-while-drilling tools and other specialized devices. A simple BHA consisting of a bit, various crossovers, and drill collars may be relatively inexpensive (less than $100,000 US in 1999), while a complex one may cost ten or more times that amount.

Alternate Form: BHA

See: antiwhirl bit, crossover, directional drilling, dogleg, jar, logging while drilling, measured depth, stand, sub, threadform

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This is the begining of the "bottom hole assembly" test

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The pipe bends, then breaks, tearing out the threading...bubbles begin to come from bottom and actually coming from inside despite the cement.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Another look at the broken pipe, bubbles, and the fact that the area around the well is smooth now (from the cement maybe?)

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BK Lim

Hey BK Lim I was going to research the crater Kat posted but if you look
at her video re Big Crater it has the date 5 Nov...they lifted the BOP cap on 6 Nov...

Ektar

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Skat, this video doesn't show BHA, it was pumping cement I think.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Thanks Ektar. I was not looking hard enough I guess. Was jumping from site to site.

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Skat, on another video I saw the drill pipe rotating. I do not think it is broken , it came off the threaded joint. The lower drill pipe sticking out of the casing does look a bit bent or is that just visual distortion?

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Here are some videos of Skandi Neptune I just happened to come
across by accident...some times the feeds will appear to be off & 99% of the time, they are off
however I occasionally I click on the camera to check & rarely I will find something.

Ektar

posted on Nov, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Didn't someone tell yall the BP spill is over? Or NOT!

Just to let everyone know, we did get our first set of results back from rain testing.............We will be putting up the results in the next day or so on our project site.........I am sure Pax will link it here on ATS somewhere.......

The results are shocking...................

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join