It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students say the 'UFO' was a bunch of escaped balloons!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sorry to start another thread on this hole 'UFO' thing that happened Wednesday. But I just came across this artical about the aledged 'UFO' over NYC.

All those theories about Wednesday's mystery UFO sightings over Manhattan are about to go "pop."

A Westchester elementary school believes the puzzling orbs floating over Chelsea were likely a bundle of balloons that escaped from an engagement party they held for a teacher.

Balloons www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by boo1981

Oh noez, disinfurmachunz!

No, this actually sounds quite reasonable. I bet those people must feel pretty silly now
I feel bad for the NORAD guy though now that his prediction got busted.
edit on 14-10-2010 by CidCaldensfey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
reply to post by boo1981

Oh noez, disinfurmachunz!

No, this actually sounds quite reasonable. I bet those people must feel pretty silly now
I feel bad for the NORAD guy though now that his prediction got busted.
edit on 14-10-2010 by CidCaldensfey because: (no reason given)

Belive me I really wanted to belive something happened wednesday, maybe something did and maybe a bunch of normal stuff like some balloons being let off happened also.

It is so anoying not knowing what it was that people saw.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I love opinions, they are like farts,

You love your own but you cannot stand other peoples.

This does not mean anything, someones theory is just that - a theory. People have selective memory.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CidCaldensfey

No need to feel bad for people shamelessly trying to promote their books by trying to scam the general population into believing some type of UFO mass display is going to happen.

The funny part is it keeps happening over and over again.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWatcher11
I love opinions, they are like farts,

You love your own but you cannot stand other peoples.

This does not mean anything, someones theory is just that - a theory. People have selective memory.

I hope your not aiming that comment at me? I have no problem with other peoples opinions! I just came across this artical and thought i'd post it here because everyone is still talking about it. Over the next few days we will find many different stories about what people saw.

I am a very strong beliver in ET's and so on. I've had a couple of my own experiances that have opened my mind to this more!!

Don't shoot the messenger!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
These developments are not only expected but neither prove or disprove anything.

The only people 'feeling silly' should be those that are in agreeance with the first theory that supports their own.

Who are the sheeple really?

One object being launched at point A in no way explains another object witnessed at Point B.

Even if the objects occupied the same space, a balloon being released from point A and an object being spotted in the air above Point A, it wouldn't explain anything at all.

Here's an example.

A man straddles a log in the middle of the woods, and suddenly a DEER jumped over the very log that he is straddling.

Anyone witnessing the event would be STUPID to suggest that either the Deer was a man, or the Man was a Deer. It would be equally ignorant to suggest that either the Man or the Deer didn't exist at all.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
My first thought when seeing the 'ufos' was that it looked exactly like when we used to do mass balloon launchings in elementary school with our names and school address on a post card attached. You launch a few hundred helium balloons and they tend to resemble whatever our minds 'matrix' them to be. Not surprised to hear this.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Lol wow here we go

Now its balloons from this teachers
wonder what tomorrow will be
some kids bday parties balloons

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by blankduck18
Lol wow here we go

Now its balloons from this teachers
wonder what tomorrow will be
some kids bday parties balloons

I no its all getting mad!!
I wished i'd never posted this here now, I just thought people should see what others have to say thats all.

I really wished that a huge mother ship had come to visit, then at least we would no that its really them!!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Thanks for posting it. It should be obvious to everyone.

I posted this comparison in another thread, but I'll do it again here in the hope it'll prevent more people making fools of themselves.

Balloons.

MORE BALLOONS.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Nice pic but those balloons are yellow, not silver.
Nice try though.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by raybies

You can tell they're silver? They look more cream to me. And at that distance, with the sun shining on them, they're bound to look a lighter colour than they actually are, i.e. Yellow.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Without derailing this thread, but there's numerous hi-res photos out there now that CLEARLY show they were balloons. Some were in clusters, and others separate --crisscrossing each other in the sky as different levels of altitude winds blow them without care.

After seeing yesterday's mass hysteria on ATS, and like I mentioned in another post, I'm worried. If people cannot see the simple explanation of what the "sightings" were, we are ini trouble for when things really go down.

Some are probably thinking today "how did I ever let myself think the balloons were alien crafts," but others are sticking to their guns no matter what evidence is presented to them.

"Beware of the man who won't be bothered with details." We saw ALOT of that yesterday and continue to see this. If throwing reason out the window happens alot with some of you, we must then keep our windows closed so we won't be easily swayed by any old breeze that blows our way.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Ok, here's something I can't seem to fathom...

"Meteorologists with the National Weather Service said the wind was blowing south at 5 to 10 m.p.h. at the time which would make the engagement balloon theory possible."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... N54QrRA

They give no EXACT TIME ANYWHERE in the article, they don't say when the balloons were released, nor when callers started calling the FAA and NYPD, which in any case, even if they did, supposedly people started calling at about 1:30, but there were other people who started seeing the object since 9:30am (video)

www.myfoxny.com...

I don't know but this seems fishy to me.. we can check the times and winds here:

www.wunderground.com...

What's priceless though is that we have to believe an eyewitness account of a 9 year old over an adult eyewitness account saying they were not balloons:

"They looked big and they were all together, so it looked like one UFO," said fourth-grader Nia Foster, 9."

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... N8z8N14

'' 'It's been hovering there for a while. I'm just kind of baffled," said Joseph Torres, 49, of Dyker Heights, Brooklyn, who spotted the object after leaving a movie. "How can it be ordinary? There is something going on.' "

Read more: www.nydailynews.com...

new topics

top topics

join