It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race Mixing Until All Humans Are The Same Color the Way To End Racism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
There is a large conspiracy in our world today called racism. It is one of the worst conspiracies ever, it divides and breeds hate among and towards complete strangers.

Could race mixing, the breeding of different humans with other races, be the answer to the rampant division that infests our planet as we sit here bemoaning the state of affairs from our laptops?

I say yes, it would most definitely end racism as we define it today, if all humans were of mixed races. Eventually, the ability to divide by skin color is bred out of humanity, and thus racism disappears because we all become the same race.

Could this work?

I have never understood why some people are such ardent believers in "keeping their race pure". The only race is the human race, why can't we be united? Why does something as nonsignificant as race have the great ability to divide us and conquer us?

Please share your thoughts on the subject.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Then we will have to resort to hating each other based upon culture, or what geographic location we reside in...

ps: and if we fix that, then how much we make, or what clothes we wear, or what sports team we identify with.

edit on 14-10-2010 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
If I remember correct... It won't work.

But... I'm not completely sure about why it won't work.

Anyway...

Maybe racism will be gone because there is only one race left, but... The reasons that drove people to be a racist will still be there. Unless we evolve into a more caring and loving people.

There will just be another name for it.

My 2 cents of course.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Won't work, just look at Africa. That is the most racist place on earth - and I don't mean white against black, i mean black against black. Many there still see their own tribes as pure and hate all other tribes and see them as inferior. That is why Mugabe murdered thousands of Matabele, because they were of a different ethnic tribe to him. And there are literally hundreds of other examples of that across the entire continent. Hsa been going on for centuries and will always go on.

To think that racial blending will end racism is naive

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've daydreamed about this idea a couple of times. It's a nice thought, but you cant tell people who they can or can't have sex with.

And for it to happen naturally would probably take hundreds of years (at the least)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

You are right. Take away the reasons why someone "hates" and eventually those hateful people will have to change.

There is already a hate / jealousy for people being different for other than race, but I beleive people who feel like that deep down know it's their issue to deal with.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Reply to post by amc621

Take away a persons "reason" and the hate remains.

If we all woke up blue with $20 to our names and atheist we'd be killing each other before noon.

Equality as a cure to hate is complete garbage.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

No, interbreeding would not end racism because human beings would still have individual skin color variation regardless and will still be effected evolutionary by the different climates in which we live. Plus in order to have that kind of interbreeding you need to destroy racism to begin with since there are people who will only interbreed with their own race or who live in a place where finding a person of a different race to breed with is difficult.

It'd be nice to think that racism will one day die out and indeed I think it is possible it will, not in any of our lifetimes though. Even if it does go away there will still be plenty of reasons for us humans to fight. Much like the South Park episode in the future where all sects of the world are atheists but have still found enough differences to fight about. Even if we were all genetically identical we'd probably still find a reason to fight.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There is no way racism will ever die it lives in everybody, maybe it's genetically encoded in us I don't know... It's a tribal thing ever since the dawn of man, different tribes didn't get along with each other because of their differences... I don't think it has so much to do with race as it has to do with culture though, why is it every race has a different culture??? That is what truly seperates us as people....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Race mixing probably wouldn't end racism, but idea mixing might.
More specifically: these things they call communication and understanding.

This notion that a person is somehow superior to another is the root cause of racism, sexism, etc.
People need to open their eyes and realize that we're all human.

When it comes down to it, your understanding defines your superiority, not your skin color.
edit on 14-10-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I never said anything about equality. That will never happen, there will always be brilliant people like me around and neanderthals who think like you.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
There is a large conspiracy in our world today called racism. It is one of the worst conspiracies ever, it divides and breeds hate among and towards complete strangers.

Could race mixing, the breeding of different humans with other races, be the answer to the rampant division that infests our planet as we sit here bemoaning the state of affairs from our laptops?

I say yes, it would most definitely end racism as we define it today, if all humans were of mixed races. Eventually, the ability to divide by skin color is bred out of humanity, and thus racism disappears because we all become the same race.

Could this work?

I have never understood why some people are such ardent believers in "keeping their race pure". The only race is the human race, why can't we be united? Why does something as nonsignificant as race have the great ability to divide us and conquer us?

Please share your thoughts on the subject.

It would mean an end to culture and diversity; two things that make this planet so amazing. I for one would hate to live in a world where everyone was the same. Racism is but a small part of why humans are drawn to conflict and war. We're greedy, sinful little things. Its in our DNA. Skin color won't change that.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We have been mixing for a long long time,

We are all mixed some less or more then others,

It isn't about race, as much is it is about cultural differences.

I would not like to see the beauty of the different races and cultures disappear, but I understand your point.
edit on 033131p://bThursday2010 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
No.

Destroy diversity to protect diversity? That doesn't make any sense. That's pure Marxism.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lysergic

Yes, want to concur with your thought and all the other sentiments towards your thought.

It is treating the symptoms (race issues) not the problem (empathy/understanding, or lack thereof).

There is no better way to convey that thought than the story:

"The Sneetches" by Dr. Seuss
tribes.tribe.net...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire
It would mean an end to culture and diversity; two things that make this planet so amazing. I for one would hate to live in a world where everyone was the same. Racism is but a small part of why humans are drawn to conflict and war. We're greedy, sinful little things. Its in our DNA. Skin color won't change that.

Took the words right out of my mouth, this is one of the reasons I don't like the mass immigration to Europe that is going on. I don't want some watered down version of culture aka multiculturalism, I'd rather have the real thing.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I like your thread you found a creator tool to balance demon tool racisim good find. S&F

2nd

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
The reason our skin color is the way it is is because of where we live on the globe.

When we are closer to the equator, we get more sunlight, so we have darker skin to protect our bodies from harsh sun rays.
When we are further north, we have lighter skin, so that we can absorb as much of the little sunlight as we can (to get Vitamin D and other such things from the sun which we need.)
So, scientifically, there were always be different color skins depending on where people live.

Culturally, we'd be curing the symptom rather than the disease. The disease isn't black people, it's people who hate black people. The disease isn't Mexicans, it's people who hate Mexicans. My point is that we should stop being so judgmental. If there were no races, people would just find something else to hate, because race isn't the problem. People just need to stop hating and then we won't have to worry about everyone looking exactly the same to prevent pre-judgments.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This is not possible for a number of reasons.

1. Skin colour does not equal race.
Many Japanese people are whiter than some Europeans. Some Europeans are darker skinned than some Arabians and South Asians.

2. If everybody had children in mixed race relationships, then their children would not be one uniform colour, nor would they share similar physical features.

The child of a European and a Chinese will look completely different to a child of an African and an Arabian, for example.

3. There is not an even distribution of races located throughout the world, so consequently the overwhelming race in that area, and that race's physical features, will predomiante the gene-pool after a few generations.

This is the most important factor.

Take Britain, for example. The population here is about 90% white, so the 10% non-white population have a 9 in 10 chance of having a child by a white person; their mixed-race child will grow up and have a similar likelihood of having a child by a white person, and the child usually will look white.

4. Following on from that, someone's physical appearance won't always reflect their ethnic genetic make-up.

The BBC did some DNA tests of some prominent black Brazilians a few years ago, and singer Neguinho da Beija Flor is 67% European:

Nobody would say that he looks two-thirds white.

5. You won't be able to stop members of the same race continually having children and preserving their ethnic identity.

The Jewish people are a perfect example of how easy it is for a small number of people to marry between themselves, despite all the troubles they faced throughout Europe and the Middle East over the last 2000 years.

Many Jewish people were bounced around Europe due to persecution, yet despite being a minority in all these countries, they still managed to inter-marry, and to this day you can still tell most ethnic Jews to look at them.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

It's part of human nature to fear those who are different. Humans are tribal creatures. Whatever distinctions that make my tribe different yours -- whether that be skin color variations, language, language dialect, dress, or culture -- will automatically create an air of distrust and suspicion. Think of how different people react to "goth" people -- you know, those people who think they are being different by all looking the same: tattoos, piercings, makeup, silver jewelry, partially shaved hairdo, etc. How would you react to someone who dressed and spoke very strangely?

This air of distrust and suspicion goes back to prehistory, where humans from other tribes would be naturally feared due to competition for resources such as territory, food, water and mates. This is, unfortunately, the way we are wired.

So even if skin color variations were reduced or eliminated, it probably wouldn't make any difference. There will always be cultural or other visible differences and those differences will be the basis of distrust, suspicion and, sadly, even discrimination and hate, especially so among those who lack an evolved sense of morality and ethics.

edit on 14-10-2010 by markfelt because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join