It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

October 13th UFO Explanation Discussion Thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The explanation is that people went all confused and wanted to believe they saw Ufo when all I see is balloons.
Get real, guys.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I found this veido on youtube just now.

www.youtube.com...

You can see a ufo hover, and at 38 seconds, you can see something fly left to right very fast. Very interesting vid

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by CidCaldensfey
If you guys had watched the video and interview with the NORAD officer, he didn't JUST predict October 13th, he said:

"I think something big is going to happen on October 13th of this year. If not October, then in November and December. I'm putting my reputation on the line." ((paraphrase))

Multiple broad dates... the first recourse of some one who doesnt really know what they are predicting. Along with the old, this will hurt me if im wrong clause so believe me when i say it piece. Im surprised so many people dont get red flags and sirens going off when someone does this. To me understanding this is the true meaning of 'Deny Ignorance', because with Ignorance of the tricks people can play comes the weakness to be duped.

Get alot of people in an area, have someone shout fire at the back and the majority of them will panic and run for the exits, and even after the event when you tell them there was no fire, a good deal of them will tell you your a liar, and a small group will tell you there was no fire but instead it was a truck plowing through the crowd... its the group think of the human species. And our one fatal flaws in my opinion... If someone yells fire... make sure for yourself, dont get caught up in the hysteria of others or you might all go running off a cliff together. The problem these days is you have people who are now removed from events by thousands of miles reading about it right after or while it happens and claiming the event is legit without being their... its now a virtual global group think which is damn damn scary.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

Thanks for starting a thread for the sane among us. After looking at the others, I don't want anything to do with that zoo. People from both sides acting like children and even a couple inviting people who don't agree with them to leave. Not the ATS I know and love.

There is quite an irony in this NYC stuff in that the best video I have found proves what they were watching is those yellow balloons and yet the video is posted as proof of First Contact for the GFOL crowd. Talk about poking yourself in the eye.

The image below shows crops from three frames in the video. The top one the little white round objects people were seeing in NYC and the other two are zoomed in. I picked the best frames I could as the camera was hand held and jittery at that level of zoom.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9cb9d6fb9336.jpg[/atsimg]

Another odd thing is that the I'm seeing people who have seen this video still arguing what it is even though the release of the bundles of yellow balloons has been proven?

I don't see anything that would make me think that in any way the NORAD officers prediction is true and I'm in the group that wishes it was. Although he did leave it open ended to be before the end of the year.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
The explanation is that people went all confused and wanted to believe they saw Ufo when all I see is balloons.
Get real, guys.

The story here is the people not posting on the insane threads. There are many of us here who are serious and you will notice no posts from lots of us on the recent NYC UFO madness threads arguing about balloons. Have faith, serious people are here, but being drowned out by the hysterics.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Thank you for your kind words!
and thank you for bringing that nyc stuf up too...
But actually i am seeking for an explanation, why (at least on ATS) it seems that there are so much news opening ...
just because somone has stated there will be massive ufos on this date?
seems to me that there is much more power to the net han we want to believe!
Let´s use it for the good!!

I´ma out now for today... Tomorrow i have a hard wolring day. (first day of theater meeting)
Tho...
Keep up the good work and this thread...
i Will try to answer tomorrow afternoon...

Peace, love and light,
let u guide by higher i

Jim

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JimIrie

First the news of the book was spread far and wide. Not by accident, but by design. Some of the posts on relevant forums like ATS were most likely placed on purpose. That started bringing the topic of the book up towards the top in Internet searches, getting it into the conversation on many more Sites.

That got everyone in large cities primed to be looking up for any sign of UFO's. Now a large percentage of the population in the Western World believes in the possibility of some UFO's being of Alien origin or secret military projects. Then under just the right conditions and with the public's mindset in just the right place, a few large bundles of yellow balloons are let loose as part of a celebration in NYC.

Now those watching and hoping the NORAD guy was correct are watching the skies and spot these balloons high up where they just look like white shiny orbs. They try and get photo's with cell phones and other junky cameras of the bright spots in the sky and get photos of white dots. It's not the proof they wanted or craved I should say, so they blow it up in their minds that these white shiny things can't possibly be anything like a balloon and their own bias insures they will not listen to people who have seen closeups or suggest they are in fact the bundles of balloons.

Then they gather up the various videos and pic's of white lights or dots in the sky from all over the Internet, not factoring in that those are very common and posted all of the time. They ignore that fact and build it up in their mind until its somehow, inexplicably proof of the book and the words of the NORAD guy. Then while already excited and wanting those to be all UFO's they start seeing a UFO every time they see the lights from an airplane in the distance or a helicopter, moving as helicopters do. At some point critical thinking and logic have left the building.

Plenty of us here are seriously searching and I think many like me see these things as doing more damage than anything.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by daluniverse

DalUniverse I'm in a little town outside Butte Montana and I was able to catch a short vid and some strange still frames. I'm not sure how to post the video as this is actually only my third post on ATS. In my opinion the vid should be watched first for reference for the stills. I would be happy to email them to anyone interested.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Think I missed it, but where is the proof that these were balloons?
Like, a video of some dudes releasing them.
Because all I saw was a pic of some guys selling them on the streets but that does not make it a planned release.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 3finjo

The guys prediction said UFO's will hover over the world's major cities - surely if the point was to be seen they would have been more than dots of light but visible craft.

That is the point man. The signs are there. I can't believe so many of us have been so blind in the face of such overwhelming data. I can't believe that I have been so blind and didn't see what's coming. They are trying to condition us. Not frighten us and cause more panic than is necessary/normal. A "spaceship" would have caused panic. Mysterious orbs cause people to think "hmm what is that?"

We are being conditioned right under our nose. The signs are obvious. They will likely continue to show themselves in more and more obvious ways. What are they conditioning us for? *drumroll please*

I believe we are being conditioned to incorporate their DNA into a new human "super species." Only through this will be able to successfully transition to a global Type 1 civilization. This is why "the aliens" are here. It is THEIR JOB to transition worthy Type 0 civilizations to Type 1 (peaceful & planetary) civilizations so that we can continue honing our intelligence. Without their assistance, we will die. Mankind is too apelike and that is simply not compatible with the weapons and devices that are raw intelligence is able to dream up at this point. I believe this is NORMAL for Type 0 civilizations and it's nothing to be ashamed of. The "aliens" by definition must be Type 2+ civilization. This is why they have developed other physics and seem so mysterious. What these beings are doing is not "vacationing" on Earth. They have a form. They have a function. They are 3D beings just like us, just more advanced. Type 2 or Type 3 (impossible to tell for our vantage point). Their function is to upgrade us to Type 1. No different than 2001: A Space Odyssey. Same concept. And exactly how our best scientists predicted it would happen.

But yeah we are likely screwed in terms of our human civilization.
edit on 15-10-2010 by Scramjet76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Thanks for trying to keep us calm Blaine. My only concern is the video you posted that is clearly a clump of yellow balloons is only 1 clump.

In this clip: www.youtube.com we see what I'm assuming must be many many clumps of balloons because @0:14 the camerman zooms out and you see alot of them up there. The clump of balloons you showed us looks like a HUGE clump of balloons. Kinda made me think of the movie "Up." What are the odds that so many huge clumps of balloons were let loose?

What kind of celebration requires that many balloons? And why are there no photos showing this so called celebration where we can see for our own eyes this many balloons on the ground (in context of the celebration) before they were released. Whatever you caught on camera was no doubt a huge clump of balloons, but where is the evidence showing that people released a minimum of 8 clumps of that magnitude? If there was a celebration in NYC that required soo many balloons where are the photos?

I think that's what is required in my mind to put this incident to rest.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

My bad! See, last night I googled "yellow balloons NYC UFO" and yet I found no clear picture explaining it. I didn't find the right ATS threads either as the NYC hysteria is new to me after being away from ATS for the last couple of days. After looking at several threads, I found the right one showing the big times square celebration and multiple "clumps" of balloons. Thanks though for showing us the zoomed in pic clearly showing it's the balloons and clearing this up!

Misidentification! C'mon NYCers.... time to invest in some better binoculars.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Go back and look at the balloon pics again. Look at 'em. I mean really look. The street cam pic with multiple "clumps" of balloons? Really? Zoom in people. Look at it. This of course requires opening your eyes. And the teacher with the kids? One class' birthday party? Confused a whole New York? For a WHOLE DAY?? I don't think so. Last I remember, New Yorkers aren't the most gullible folks on the planet. They're tough, harder than most. No fluffballs for sure.
Something happened. Someone saw something. If this wasn't the case we wouldn't be talking about it. Manifest destiny people. Manifest the future. If anyone were capable it would be us truth seekers.
And those who are getting paid for hanging out and "working" ATS, good on ya. But it were me, I'd be considering my job security. What are you gonna do when everyone figures it all out and there's no more BS to spread?
Just sayin'...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join