It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to run for re-election, plans to take on Mike Huckabee

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
If I were Obama, I would concede now; Huckabee has Chuck Norris in his corner. Everyone should fear the bearded-fist.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Huckabee hasn't got a prayer. For that matter, Newt and Palin don't either. If Obama is focused on Huckabee, it would be a mistake. I'm sure his handlers are out digging up dirt on those who actually could make a run of it in 2012 .... Jindal, Pawlenty and ... HILLARY. (yes, I said Hillary). He had people out digging dirt on Palin for the 2008 but they got a late start. I'm sure he's learned and has his dirt-diggers out early.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
Huckabee has Chuck Norris in his corner. Everyone should fear the bearded-fist.

Chuck Norris played Russian roulette with a fully loaded gun ... and won.
Chuck Norris has counted to the last diget of pi ... twice.
Chuck Norris was once in a knife fight .. and the knife lost.
Chuck Norrris doesn't sleep .. he waits.
Chuck Norris doesn't wear a watch .. he decides what time it is.
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.
etc etc

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

True.

But it's fun to follow the circus that is the American political system.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Huckabee would be the logical choice for the GOP.

He is more or less a moderate with the exception of a couple of issues.

He is Anti-Roe vs. Wade and would like to see it repealed. No Abortion even in cases of incest or rape.

He is religiously conservative/former pastor.

Pro-Conservation, Pro Cap and trade.

Soft on immigration in context of the GOPs current stand.

He doesn't have celebrity power, but voters might be tired of that pretty soon.

If he runs the far-right and TP folks will beat him up pretty bad in the pre-election nomination bid and then he is in the same place McCain was...do you swing right and lose the middle, or hold the middle and lose the far right.

2012 will see lower voter turn-out than 2008..the economy will have improved somewhat by 2012 taking some of the air out of the extremists left and right....besides people are getting tired of the shouting.. A moderate GOP nominee might seem unlikely now, but might be timed right for 2012.

Huckabee would be hard for Obama to attack aggressively. Even Pres. Clinton has praised Huckabee in the past and he works with Huckabee on charitable iniatives.

If Huckabee holds to the middle I think he would be a contender, if he swings right he will give Pres. Obama an opening to call him on flip-flopping..The far right will batter him in favor of a more extreme choice...if he survives that and gets the nomination?...decent choice for the GOP IMO.

To cow far right voters expect Huckabee to make Gay Marriage and Abortion big issues...which he strongly opposes. This will keep his more liberal views on the envirornment/energy/cap and trade and immigration out of the spotlight and less of a liability to the far-right voters.

edit on 15-10-2010 by maybereal11 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join