It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to run for re-election, plans to take on Mike Huckabee

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
www.politico.com...

Obama advisers expect to incorporate the reelection campaign around March and think the Tea Party ultimately will reelect him by pulling Republican nominee to the right. They doubt Sarah Palin will run, figure Mitt Romney can’t get nomination because of his Massachusetts health care program and guess that Obama may end up running against Mike Huckabee.

As I have previously thought as well, Sarah Palin enjoys being on FOX and going on book tours and speaking at Conservative events, this gives her lots of money. Why would she quit a very successful career which earns her millions and keeps her from being in constant negative media spotlight for a job that requires her to be under severe pressure and take hard hits by the media. She couldn't handle being governor of a state with just 700,000 people and the media spotlight after her VP attempt, so why would she ever try president? She is more effective for Republicans anyway if she remains out of office and just spewing the talking points.

Mitt Romney will be facing a group of extremely hard-right candidates all clawing over each other to prove who's crazier and Mitt Romney will be slammed for his health care bill in Massachusetts. Don't think for a minute that people like Gingrich won't compare it to 'ObamaCare'. He won't get a Tea Party endorsement, won't get the evangelical vote and won't get the very critical southern and Midwestern states. He won't be able to win the nomination.

That leaves two people and one of them has a past that will surely be brought up by the other. Gingrich will be destroyed because of his personal life by the Baptist preacher Mike Huckabee, he will use everything in the arsenal to drive away family values voters from Gingrich. This will leave Huckabee to take the nomination with very little hurdles in his way.

His biggest problem will be gaining corporate contributors since he is a more populist candidate than an business candidate. Obama will retake big business unless Huckabee can move more towards business orientation, which I highly doubt will happen. This would lead to Obama having to overcome the label of the Big-Labor and Big-Business candidate against the Populist Preacher.

If I am correct then 2012 will be a battle between Huckabee and Obama which will be very severe and will sharply divide people. On one hand they will think Obama is the Wall Street candidate and too secular for America and on the other they will think Huckabee is the Church candidate and too fundamentalist. 2012 would be a very fun campaign season to watch IMO.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Republicans either run Mitt Romney and make it a close race...or they lose badly.

That is my take on it at least...Romney is their only viable candidate...but I doubt they will give him the nomination.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What do you think about Mike Huckabee or an Obama vs. Huckabee election?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Huckabee is the same thing as Obama. Nothing would change. Hope would still be a thing of the past.

These are front men. They all dip into the same money pit. Our political system has been bought and paid for many decades ago.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
What do you think about Mike Huckabee or an Obama vs. Huckabee election?

I think Huckabee will have a very loud, very dedicated following...but it will be small. It will appear big...Fox News will make it look way bigger than it is...and in the end the election will be an easy win for Obama.

Campaign Obama is a different person altogether than President Obama...most people who are now on the dissapointed side of Obama will be re-energized when campaign Obama starts up again. The key for Obama is to get the large cities energized...and he does that well.

Again...this is just my opinion of how things look right now...basing them off mostly on the last presidential campaign. I haven't been paying attention to Huckabee...I can't watch his show or watch him play his guitar *shudders*.

Who knows...though...anything can happen.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I think Michele Bachmann vs Obama for '12.

Huckabee had his chance in '08, when the country was creaming their panties over Obama.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I think Obama will be challenged hard within the Democrat party that he will exit the primary either severely bruised or even potentially withdraw, similar to Johnson who was running, did not do well in New Hampshire and then pulled out, not seeking a second term.

Obama will be challenged from the right of the party, likely by Hilliary Clinton who will leave her post in a couple of months and he will also be challenged by the left with the folks in the party who don't feel they got the change they wanted. He will be stuck somewhere where there is no base. He will either have to push harder to the left to secure that unhappy base or attempt to move to the center which will be a totally disengenious move that nobody will believe. Too many promises, not enough delivery, all hat and no cattle.

He's a one term president unless the Republicans run some pinhead like Palin, in which case he wins

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

If Obama received a challenge it will only be major from one side. If he is challenged by a Conservative Democrat then he will win over the other 2/3 of the party, if he is challenged by a Liberal Democrat then he will win over the other 2/3 of the party. Unless he seriously screws up way worse than he has right now, he will win his primaries easily.

LBJ represented the Moderate Democrats when the party was taken over by the far-left Liberals. On the right he had George Wallace and on the left he had Robert Kennedy and Eugene McCarthy. But the situation is completely different, there is no massive political upheaval on the left unlike in the late '60s.

Hillary is also a Moderate Democrat and does not represent the Conservative branch of the Democrats. Conservative Democrats are like John Edwards and Ben Nelson. The Liberal Democrats are people like Feingold and Kucinich. Obama and Hillary are the Moderates.

So I highly doubt Obama will have a serious primary challenge.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Its all relative. At the moment, there are few conservative Democrats hence Clinton becomes the defacto conservative alternative to Obama. The Democrats will take a bath in a few weeks and regardless this is a national, not local election. More than policy, more than ideology, politicians want power and to retain office. They will dump Obama and move to the center. He will be unable to occupy the center and will get further pushed to the left, marginalizing him.

Regardless, unless the Republicans are complete fools, which is likely, he will not win a second term.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I think Michele Bachmann vs Obama for '12.

Huckabee had his chance in '08, when the country was creaming their panties over Obama.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Darkrunner because: (no reason given)

Bachmann has zero chance of ever becoming president.

Just like Palin...crazy talk and yelling might get a small crowd cheering...but it won't win you a national election.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Mike Huckabee is the only Republican I would actually consider voting for. Overall he is too Conservative for me, but he seems like the only guy who isn't there to make money (whether that is true or not). He just has that vibe like he understands people, maybe I'm the only one who sees it.

But it would all depend on whether a good third party candidate was running or if Obama moved further to the Center. If Huckabee does not get swept up in the Tea Party craziness in 2012 and all other options are pretty dull, I would consider voting for him.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I love how elections have more to do with gaming and finance than actually being a good candidate.

What crock this government is.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I remember seeing a comedian who made fun of Mike Huckabee. He said that if you can lose the conservative nomination with Chuck Norris endorsing you, then what does that say about you? CHUCK NORRIS. I mean, who loses with Chuck Norris in their corner? Oh yeah, Mike Huckabee does.

On a more serious note (though that was all true) Huckabee doesn't stand a chance I don't think, although the point the OP nade is that he might have no serious competition. Time will tell, I suppose.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Poor Ron Paul. The only person in politics that should get elected will never be. Well looks like I'm writing myself in this time.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

To be Realistic here , the ONLY Candidate the Reps could Nominate for President in 2012 that would have the Total Support of the Reps Conseratives, Moderates , along with the Libertarians and Tea Party , is RON PAUL . If that Actually did Happen , and considering the Political Climate the United States is in right now , Obama , or Any other Nominee the Dems put out there in 12' would be Soundly Defeated . The World of 08' is OVER , and Next time Around the Dems will be Looked Upon as the Party that Wouldn't Listen to the Will of the Majority .....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
huckabee wont run like the posters said huckabee had his chance and we didnt want him

no democrat will run agianst obama even though they are foaming at the mouths right now they wont nominate another democrat.............

obama will be running in 2012.............................

republicans will not be running:

huckabee
bachmann
romney
newt
palin

who they will be running is someone we are not currently thinking of and my friends 2012 is a long time away but then agian its a short time away...............

watch this novembers election and it will tell you alot about 2012..................my call is still to early to tell.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Ron Paul has been Quoted as saying that if the US Dollar Collapses in the not to Distant Future , if asked , he would be willing to Run for President in 12' . For Exactlly what PARTY that might be , is still Unknown .

edit on 14-10-2010 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

if obama thinks palin, romney, gingrich and huckabee are the most likely candidates then he's not as smart of a campaigner as i thought he was. there's no way its going to be any of those people. its going to be some republican governer like pawlenty or jindal.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
My biggest gripe with Huckabee is he thinks evolution is a myth and I don't think my conscience could let me vote for someone like that. He did say something about abolishing the income tax in favor of a national sales tax, but I just don't think that is practical.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Hmm...Huckabee.

I have no strong dislike for the guy (his political stances are of course opposite of mine, but thats a intellectual debate).

My only issue with the man personally is he has the personality of a paper towel..not that a president should be a rock star or anything, but there should be some personality.

Its like...a ultra conservative Kerry.

Anyhow, Obama will win in 12, this is a given simply for the turnout he can promote, so they will toss forward another sacrificial lamb, but in 16, that will be a interesting time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join