It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook is the Feds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   
technolog.msnbc.msn.com...
So you laughed at the conspiracy nut that would not join facebook? What a tool they have created for linking criminals and free thinkers. You get put on lists by the feds. It seems every site has a hidden link to facebook now. The filter on my router tells me this. It has been proven that Facebook is the tool for invading your privacy. What do you think about this?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

What do you think about this?

Don't care really.

I hope they like to see pictures of my kids in halloween costumes.

OH...and now they will know that I like the Chicago Bears....dang....they've got me now.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think linking to an MSM site to prove your paranoia means diddley-squat!

As for what they are supposedly uncovering - green card fraudsters!!!

LOL

Big conspiracy goin on here'

Marvin Gaye would be proud!

-m0r

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

Keep laughing. Wait until you make a remark that they construe as dangerous. Then they can make life very hard for you.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

Really?

"I thought 9/11 was about due anyway"

How's that?

-m0r

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, regardless if it is or not it's one more step towards censoring the net, in my opinion.

You can't even surf the net anymore without seeing notices to 'sign up with your FB' - 'Log in with FB'.

And the more people that keep jumping on the sheeple bandwagon, the easier it's going to be for the Gov. when the last shoe drops.

Give it either one (more) false flag or another two years, maybe. After that, you log onto your computer using your internet license and eye/thumb scan, navigate to your 'social network' and only then will you be allowed to access the net.

The timing might be premature but the end result is not. Guaranteed.

peace

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Now that I'll agree with.

Tying people, and their opinions, into the net is what control is all about.

I think it's a good idea personally - as long as it's dealt with properly.

How they are going about it though is highly questionable and not proper in my opinion.

Still - I think it's for the greater good.

-m0r

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
OK, that is just stupid... IF you are not able to deny a friend request from an FBI agent, by all means, stay away from facebook.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
technolog.msnbc.msn.com...
So you laughed at the conspiracy nut that would not join facebook? What a tool they have created for linking criminals and free thinkers. You get put on lists by the feds. It seems every site has a hidden link to facebook now. The filter on my router tells me this. It has been proven that Facebook is the tool for invading your privacy. What do you think about this?

'Meh...

IMO, the focus is wrong. If you really want to be worried about who has the power to collect, control and invade your privacy, look at the credit bureaus.

Besides, you don't even have to have a FB account to be on the demographics lists. Software can be used to scan FB and other sites and just by default of being in the same region as those who are on FB or other sites will lump you into the marketing demos. You haven't avoided anything by not being registered participant. The generalities still apply to you, regardless.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
facebook.......
They blocked my account several weeks ago, took me almost 21 days to get a decent answer out of them to the question "why?"
They said it was because I didn't use my real name and when I provide my real name they will unblock me.

Of course I didn't use my real name! I never did and will never put my name on the Internet! In fact, my nickname became like a second name only without personal info or pictures attached to it (never post pictures of myself either).
Anyway,
the name I used could be a real name, both the name and surname are existing and much used ...

So how the hell do they know it isn't mine? F it, I'm done with facebook

(btw, what about names like " Your friend" or "Mr Mafiawars" or "Farmville Lover".... just saying there are tons of names that...)
edit on 14/10/2010 by GypsK because: add

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GypsK

Lol... they blocked my account too. Why? because I logged in (or tried to) from the cafe instead of from home. FB said that it was an unrecognized location (how would they know or care?) and that I must verify my account. However, I can't do that because the verification requires a birth date and my birth date was mis-entered (just wasn't paying attention) when I registered. Anyway, I've still had no response to my request for help. However, I really could care less. No loss on my end.

new topics

top topics

join