It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"You Will Discard Your Body" Electronic Transcendence/Mind Transfer

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

The notion of mind uploading assumes that the mind arises from activity in the brain. This notion is known as "materialism," as opposed to "dualism," which supposes that the mind (or "soul") exists separately from the brain, but connected to it in some fashion. Descartes, for example, believed that the mind communicated with the body through the pineal gland.
The evidence for materialism is overwhelming. Nearly any aspect of the mind -- temperament, memories, appetite, and so on -- can be disrupted by damage to specific areas of the brain. Modern brain imaging techniques can even detect brain activity correlated with thought.
Nonetheless, the question of exactly how consciousness arises from unconscious matter is a nontrivial problem. Some scientists have suggested that consciousness is a fundamental aspect of the universe, and directly related to information processing; others believe it requires a very particular arrangement of neural circuits, resulting as a by-product of our evolutionary history.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

lol, all this goes to is astral projection, but if no one can know for sure youve actually done it then where the evidence? i know ive done it, ive studied the various planes. but you see there is no exact reality its all information tied up together, my reality is different from your reality in the physical world. IN the physical world. what happens if you are out on the plane and you entered into someones realm and that person is unconscious? the person is on automatic mode. it knows nothing but bases their whole character as if it was still in the physical plane.

my case in point. but who really knows what happens when you die.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

its an independent super computer. the planet SATURN or metatron or father time in mythology. is the thing that is generating/stabilizing our time. its all a theory anyway. but its a very powerful one. in fact its what the leaders worship.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemistry

lol, all this goes to is astral projection, but if no one can know for sure youve actually done it then where the evidence? i know ive done it, ive studied the various planes. but you see there is no exact reality its all information tied up together, my reality is different from your reality in the physical world. IN the physical world. what happens if you are out on the plane and you entered into someones realm and that person is unconscious? the person is on automatic mode. it knows nothing but bases their whole character as if it was still in the physical plane.

my case in point. but who really knows what happens when you die.

Oh absolutely, it's for the individual to decide how reality and the universe manifests beyond the physical world. But lets say the material universe, as we perceive it to be, holds much more and is just a tiny fragment of what's actually around us, various planes of "existence" outside the grasp of our perception wouldn't necessarily conflict with the idea of mind uploading since in that case it is not the physical body, the vessel, that experiences these planes, but the soul or as others call it the "higher self". Theoretically the vessel can change to whatever form, as long as it can hold and sustain a soul. Now if the vessel is a machine instead of an organic body, it wouldn't make much of a difference in my opinion, such a transformation could eventually enhance our perceptional awareness to a point where we can consciously acknowledge the other planes and dimensions around us.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
A new interesting video by TED with Juan Enriquez, the founding director of the Life Sciences Project at Harvard Business School and a fellow at Harvard's Center for International Affairs, talking about how technology will ultimately transform the body and the environment.

Throughout human evolution, multiple versions of humans co-existed. Could we be mid-upgrade now? At TEDxSummit, Juan Enriquez sweeps across time and space to bring us to the present moment -- and shows how technology is revealing evidence that suggests rapid evolution may be under way.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join