It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate candidate Christine O'Donnel: 'Evolution is a myth.'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The crazy that comes from this woman continues to be the gift that keeps on giving. First, the revelation short while back that she once "dabbled in witchcraft". Seeing as how most of her "base" are right-wing Christians, one would think they'd have been outraged at this news. Yet, she continues to garner support?

Maybe because her statements regarding evolution, believing it a "myth", were some years ago (1998) she is hoping it might have been forgotten. Fortunately for sanity and full disclosure, others are more than willing to remind people....if only they'd listen.

CNN's Wolf Blitzer asked recently, during a debate with her opponent in the race, in Delaware. She dodged his direct question, as to whether she STILL believed the same thing. Odd, since it would seem to be a stance that might play to her "base", after all....

She thinks that "creationism" has credibility as an equally "valid" topic that should also be taught in public schools??? Stunningly, alarmingly ignorant....for a candidate seeking such an exalted office.

HBO's Bill Maher is doing his bit, as well. As seen in this article by the Huffington Post (and headline for the thread OP):

Bill Maher has so far kept his promise to air an embarrassing clip of Tea Party favorite and Delaware Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell every week that she refuses to be a guest on his HBO show, "Real Time."

Last night Maher showed a video from an appearance she made in 1998 on his old program "Politically Incorrect" in which she calls evolution "a myth" and backs up her claim with the question: if evolution is real, "why aren't monkeys still evolving into humans?"

September 25, 2010 Huffington Post article.

Honestly, that sort of ignorance as uttered by her in 1998, should serve as a huge red flag to anyone who, hard as it is to understand, still supports her as a candidate for the United States Senate! I think there are already enough there, currently in office, who might be just as stupid....we certainly don't need to add any more.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This is what I hate about United States politics. The idiots control the masses. It's just that simple.
I can believe she said this comment. Heck she's a Christian politician. She want's her supporters to howler like a wild animal.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I wish she was a myth.
second

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Isn't she the same person who once said something along the lines that in europe people are forced to masturbate but in US they are free not to do so. Someone else might have the exact quote. I thought that was the most stupidest thing I have ever heard anyone say.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I loved the news clip from last night's debate, where she was asked "Which of our high court judgments do you disagree with?" and she was unable to list a single one that she knew about. She asked for "an assist with the question" which was denied, and then responded "I'll answer that one on my website".

It's just like when Sarah Palin was asked which newspapers she read, and was unable to list a single one.

Bad prep work by her people, but also, being a candidate, she should be expected to know the hot button issues, and high court / supreme court judgments are usually hot button issues, which is why they reached that level in the first place.

Thankfully, she's far behind in the polls in Delaware, and I hope she stays that way. I'm a Conservative here in Canada, but the US Republican party just makes me laugh.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Although I don't agree with creationism, being a Texan I'm glad our kids will be taught both evolution and creationism. None of us know what really happened, so what's wrong with learning about both sides of the story? Since Ive started on my trek to be a high shool teacher I've come to realize how liberally indoctrinated our children are becoming. It's disgusting that most people believe only what they learn in school.

When I can walk around my college campus and see all these "Carl Marx" discussions that take place, it blows my mind. As a black man, I know if I tried to have Malcolm X discussions at school people would go ape #.

Teach both sides, it's not the government's job to tell us what to believe. I'll be teaching my two year old son both sides, for his knowledge will prevent future IGNORANCE for others belief system.

edit - Im not a witch. I am you.
edit on 14-10-2010 by newBodyoldSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
This is what I hate about United States politics. The idiots control the masses. It's just that simple.
I can believe she said this comment. Heck she's a Christian politician. She want's her supporters to howler like a wild animal.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19514a9b2b4a.jpg[/atsimg]
She wants her supporters to do what?
I did not take you for a bigot while speaking to you in other threads.
What real evidence is there for evolution that can not be attributed to adaptation?
Christians are HUMAN, that being said we make mistakes. What ever she dabbled in is in her past.
I guess you have never done anything you are not proud of?
If you have would you admit it? That is part of being a Christian you know, admitting when you have done something your not proud of. It is a testimony of the Work that has been done in your life and is meant to be shared with others. And she did the right thing by doing so.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Yup, you're totally correct. In US politics, the idiots definitely control the masses.

US Politics should be run like a reality show - after all, it's all about popularity and name brand recognition, US politics hasn't been about POLICY or CHARACTER for a really long time.

Most Americans blindly vote Republicrat or Democran regardless of who is running or their positions on the big issues of the day. They blindly vote the same way every single election. Most Americans of legal voting age don't even bother to vote.

Sarah Palin is a prime example of idiocy controlling the masses. IF people delved a little deeper below the surface of this talking head, they will find that she is low on substance, and low on competence.

All the parties seem to be able to do during this election is to state how badly the other party have been doing things. I haven't seen a SINGLE workable solution from ANY candidate on EITHER side in this race to show how they will actually fix things. It seems that BOTH sides are just fearmongering, saying that "if the other side gets in, this will happen, or that won't happen". No one has any sensible solutions.

BTW - the sensible solution (not necessarily the most popular) is to cut excessive Government spending, cut earmarks, give a tax break to small businesses (but only the ones who hire LEGAL US residents), and increase personal income tax, or institute a sales tax to bring the deficit and debt under control.

Hilary Clinton is right - the US national debt is now so high that it is a National Security issue.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Quadrivium

So Christians are the only ones able to admit wrong? Well yes I have made mistakes in the pass and I can tell you I'm not a Christian. So that takes away from only Christians being able to admit mistakes.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   

So Christians are the only ones able to admit wrong? Well yes I have made mistakes in the pass and I can tell you I'm not a Christian. So that takes away from only Christians being able to admit mistakes.

Not what I said, I said it was PART of being a Christian. Not that it MADE you a Christian.
So why you hate'en on Christians?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Not all Christians are a like. Some are good and many are evil. History doesn't lie. Film does. :/
If you want to play the roll of the victim. Audition for a movie roll.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Don't get mad at me because you got called out on your comment about her Christian supporters.
There is a difference between what happens in the name of religion, in history, and what actual Christians have done. Many have just used the name of Christianity to do/get what they wanted.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Although Im not a Christian, I completely agree. Thats why I said before, "I'll be teaching my two year old son both sides, for his knowledge will prevent future IGNORANCE for others belief system."

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Well I could care less what she believes in life.
I have a link I would like to share with you. Maybe you'll enjoy reading it!
Shocking!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

WOW! That was truly SHOCKING!
No wonder you hate Christians.
Like I said, many things have been done in the name of Christianity. Does that mean the ones who did these things were Christian? Or that they were not deranged individuals leading people in the name of Christ? So most of today's Christians are Evil because what was none in the past?
I never would have thought it of you RomanticRebel

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Let's a say a person does a crime. Does he blame the weapon or himself? He used the weapon and he's the one that should be accountable. But what I get from these links. Christianity and many other ideals of the past do have a history of violence. Some Christians used their faith others use their followers. However you explain it. No one is perfect.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Hmm ... Last time I checked , the Theory of Evolution was just that , a Theory . Who are we to Question the Beliefs of a Fellow American in the Political Limelight ? It's A Free Country , if you somehow feel offended by her Beliefs , then don't Vote or Listen to her , and in the mean time , try getingt a freakin Life .....

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

Looks like you need to study more on evolution.
Do you know what evolution is?
No need to worry! because I will teach you!
Link 1
link 2

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Let's a say a person does a crime. Does he blame the weapon or himself? He used the weapon and he's the one that should be accountable.

So you have changed your point of view and now agree that the individual should be blamed and not the religion?

But what I get from these links. Christianity and many other ideals of the past do have a history of violence.

Huh? But you just said...............

Some Christians used their faith others use their followers. However you explain it. No one is perfect.

PEOPLE have a history of violence, not Christianity. Your right "No one is perfect".

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Well I can use Christianity for both evil and or good. It's a religion. Nothing more. I can easily demonize the belief or I can easily make Christianity seem impeccable of being evil.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join