It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A 7.62x51 submachinegun!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Does anyone have info on this gun?

Unfortunately exept pictures I can't find any info on HK MC51 I thought the HK53 using the 5.56x45 ammo was their only experiment in giving "Rifle Power in a Submachine Gun Package"

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 06:35 AM
link   

That's crazy

E_T

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Recoill must be nice.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
there was an optimistically named ` G3PIP` in the 80s which was not an official HK development but IIRC an american firm built them , and it was not a success

it was tested in the UK and rejected

yes , recoil was reported to be horrendous

to address the OP , do you have a source for the pic , IMHO it is a very silly configuration and smacks of photoshop or some armourer taking the piss

YRS - APE

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.gun-world.net...&K/mc51/MC51.htm

Most of us know D Boy's gun-world site but can't read it (lately, AICW pictures were posted here from this site) and there were no fake pictures there. Ever.

[edit on 26-6-2004 by Johnny]

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Has anyone got pictures of that 5 round pistol that uses i think 5.56mm ammo? Its a revolver and usually olive green finish.

PS: You think those submachine guns are nuts, i once saw a Barratt light 50.Cal converted as PISTOL yup you read it correctly...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
all I want to know is where can I get one of those they look very powerful

E_T

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
PS: You think those submachine guns are nuts, i once saw a Barratt light 50.Cal converted as PISTOL yup you read it correctly...

Well, that's definitely good choise if you want wrist-breaker.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
You remeber the link to that light fifty pistol? Even better, any pics? These smgs seem to be more powerful than you'd need. Submachineguns are used when you don't want overpenetration. Using .308 would seem to beat this point.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rustiswordz
Has anyone got pictures of that 5 round pistol that uses i think 5.56mm ammo? Its a revolver and usually olive green finish.

never seen a 5.56mm pistol, but S&W had their experimental 256 Winchester revolver w/5 Round Cylinder and then there is that crazy Ukrainan YESAUL revolver, a 5-shot 7.62x39mm revolver.

My experience with short barreled firearms using rifle calibers has always turned me off because of the massive muzzle flash they have. A Thompson Contender in .223 will almost burn your arm hair off. 500-700 rounds a minute of that would be unleasant!

top topics

join