It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Iran Guards Killed by Blast at Their Base

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

TEHRAN — An explosion on Tuesday at an Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps base in a remote area of southwestern Iran killed 18 members of the powerful military organization and wounded 14 more, Iranian state news media reported on Wednesday.

In a statement, the Revolutionary Guards said the blast was caused by a fire spreading to an ammunition store at the base, which the research group Global Security says houses underground launching and storage facilities for Iran’s medium-range Shahab-3 ballistic missiles. However, the base is near the city of Khorramabad, about 300 miles from Tehran and close to Iran’s restive Kurdistan region, the site in recent months of several attacks on Revolutionary Guards installations and personnel.

Last week, two Guards soldiers and five Kurdish militants were killed in a gunfight in Sanandaj, the capital of Kurdistan Province.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
Source: www.nytimes.com...

18 down, millions to go, lol. In all seriousness, I guess this is now 18 Iranian soldiers out of the way. It looks like this very well could be a Kurd attack and I wouldn't be surprised if American or western intelligence agencies are supply or helping these Kurds with their attacks on Iranians. This is just another thing that leads me to believe that "the hikers" might have been on a mission for either the CIA or Mossad.

Whatever the case, I wonder if these stepped up attacks are in preperation for the coming Israeli sorties? Should we take this as an indicator of things to come? Are the Kurds softening up the Revolutionary Gaurd or are they distracting Iranian missile sites for a coming Israeli attack?

I have no dount that unless the Iranian government pulls a 180 degree turn in their foreign and economic policy, an attack will come sooner or later. We also know that the Kurds have a history of working with both the CIA and the Mossad.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I honestly don't think there is anything more that Iran can do. No matter what they do they will be demonized. I agree it seems like the war will come sooner or later, they are just looking for the right reason.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Your obsession, constant accusations against Israel and repeatedly involving Israel, no matter how small or irrelevant the events are, is truly mind boggling and should be taught in psychology books.
Once again, another thread by you with no proof, no evidence, just another inflammatory opportunity to paint Israel in bad colors.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
With Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's visit to Beirut yesterday and today, I believe this was a timely 'message'.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accomplished many things yesterday including the revival of the old Eastern front, comprising of Turkey, Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and the Palestinians with the alleged aim of fighting both Israel and America.

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad also called for Israel to "dissapear" yesterday, which has resulted in military forces in the region, to include UN forces, being put on high alert.

I believe Israel are on the verge of acting.

This is the quiet before the storm, and the storm is now in view.
edit on 14-10-2010 by Skellon because: added content

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Your obsession, constant accusations against Israel and repeatedly involving Israel, no matter how small or irrelevant the events are, is truly mind boggling and should be taught in psychology books.

Coming from the kid who only posts on Israel threads and with a clear Israeli bias. Lol.

Once again, another thread by you with no proof, no evidence, just another inflammatory opportunity to paint Israel in bad colors.

You see what you want to see. Evidence or proof of what? The article? The explosion? My theory that western governments/intelligence agencies have supported the Kurds? What exactly are you claiming has no proof or evidence? Maybe that Israel is gunning for Iran? Most intelligent people already know this and those facts really aren't debated.

Israel doesn't really hide the fact that they are gunning for Iran.

Source #1 Source #2 Source #3 There are many more and anyone who can think on their own simply has to run a google search.

As far as western governments working with the Kurds, who do you think helped us in our invasion of Iraq? American paratroopers were met by firendly Kurds, after they mustered (jumped into combat). Furthermore, that really isn't debated either.

Source #1 Source #2 Source #3 Again, a simple google search will result in a plethora of sources for you to choose.

What non-sense are you spewing again? Haven't you figured out yet that I'm going to call out your lies, every time you spew them? Try to deny ignorance because when you propagate it, it is only hurting your own credability... As if your posting history doesn't already do that anyway. Maybe you should just stay silent, as you are only hurting your own cause.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Your sense of humor is getting better by the thread.

First you call me 'kid'...lol. What can say? LOL again.

Then you say I only write on Israeli threads, and that shows bias....Well, another big LOL.
Shall we start counting the number of threads and posts you made, bashing US and Israel, glorifying and praising Known terrorist groups, or giving justification to the Holocaust?
maybe it's because every time I want to report a ufo sighting, I come across yet another one of your
'love speeches'?

And then you roll your eyes with amazement, asking “proof of what ? “
Well, maybe a proof for Israel's or US involvement? After all, that was you who implied that connection, was it not?

“What non-sense are you spewing again? Haven't you figured out yet that I'm going to call out your lies, every time you spew them? Try to deny ignorance because when you propagate it, it is only hurting your own credability... As if your posting history doesn't already do that anyway. Maybe you should just stay silent, as you are only hurting your own cause.”

Yeah, I got it a long time ago. You think you are smarter than the rest of us because you hold the flag of righteousness and the ability to twist history in front of ignorant crowd.
Keep on thinking.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I smell mossad

why each time there is an accident in Iran .. its the revolutionary soldiers that are killed
anyone seeing a patern here ?

i think this attack is linked to this visit :
Thousands greet Ahmadinejad on first state visit to Lebanon

Who is the dictator ship in the region ? who dont care if somebody is killed or wounded
Israeli soldiers released a dog to bite a palastinian women
has long that there is no jews involved its okay but on an arab person... its green light for everything

edit on 10/14/2010 by Ben81 because: S&F

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Maybe the Kurds are just simply getting a little payback?
Iran's Kurdish Question

Two days after the hanging of five Iranian Kurds in Tehran, protesters gathered across the Iraqi border in the Kurdish city of Suleymanieh. Thousands of them crowded into the city's leafy Freedom Park, where Javad Alizadeh, a well-known former political prisoner in Iran who had recently left for Iraqi Kurdistan, addressed the gathering. The Iranian regime "follows neither the principles of republicanism, nor does it abide by holy laws of Islam," Alizadeh declared. "The Islamic Republic has shown in the past 30 years that it only cares about its own survival and it will not abstain from committing the vilest of acts in achieving its goal."

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Shall we start counting the number of threads and posts you made, bashing US and Israel, glorifying and praising Known terrorist groups, or giving justification to the Holocaust?

Yes, please do. I have never "bashed" the US, as that is my country that I love and that I have sacrificed for. You won't find a single post here on ATS or a single blog, paper, essay or writing anywhere, where I have bashed the US or glorified a terrorist group. Not one single politician is "the US", nor is a political party or even the government itself, especially a government that subverts the Constitution. Although certain influiences would have you believe that bashing a politician is bashing a country, it isn't and certainly not in a republic, to which the US of America is by charter. The United States of America the country, is the people here in America and it is the Constitution which charters us. As a US Army veteran and retiree, I took an oath to uphole the Constitution, my country, as opposed to a politician, political party or policy thereof. Not speaking out against unConstitutional matters or politicians who subvert the Constitution is in effect, bashing the US.

You see, it is the responsibility of every American to hold our government accountable and speak up when they break or subvert the Constitution, the supreme law of the land which establishes us. We don't live under a monarchy, where king is country, rather we have a democratic republic, where the people - and charter- are the country. Ignorance would have you believe otherwise.

Furthermore, I have never once justified the Holocaust, as my own family members suffered at the hands of the Nazis.

I have however put context to the issue, as this is a site for denying ignorance. Just because something may not fit in with your world view, doesn't mean that you should ignore or obfuscate the truth. The truth is the truth, regardless of whether you like or agree with it.

The old "I don't agree so it's wrong" bit, is tired, unproductive and well... ignorant. You can either look for the truth in things and situations, or you can ignore it because it doesn't fit in with your world view, and the choice is going to decide whether you embrace or deny ignorance.

So, just because I put a reason behind the Germans anti-Jewish sentiment, you think I'm justifying it? Would you rather ignorance to prevail and just assume they hated the Jews because well... their Jewish?

It is that attitude and outlook on things which pretty much exposes you as a child, one who lacks any kind of objectivity when coming to conclusions or even forming opinions and that is the hallmark of an uneducated mind.

And then you roll your eyes with amazement, asking “proof of what ? “

That's right, "proof of what?" What are you demanding proof of? The article? The fact that I wouldn;t be surprised if the Kurds were being backed by western or Israeli intelligence agencies? You can't really prove an emotion, though I certainly provided evidence as to my feelings. It would appear that you simply don't agree with it, therefore you ignore and obfuscate that evidence.

Very little in this world is provable, though we can draw theories about a lot of it based on evidence surrounding our experiences. If you could prove a theory, then it would no longer be a theory, rather a fact.

So again, I ask proof of what? Proof of my ponderance? I have provided evidence to back up any basis of theories in post and the rest is not really provable, nor was it implied as such.

You think you are smarter than the rest of us because you hold the flag of righteousness and the ability to twist history in front of ignorant crowd.

That statement is kinf of irrelevant, given the meduim to which we exchange information.

The process of data exchange or learning is the process of one person who has information, relaying that information to others who don't. It is how human beings are taught, whether intentionally or not. Do I have information that I believe others don't? Absolutely, otherwise I wouldn't post. Is that not the purpose of the site? You seem to be having a problem grasping that notion, as is apparent with your inclination to not like the exchange of information that doesn't fit your world view (i.e. your apparent and admitted issue with discussing the context of the Holocaust)

It is becoming apparent that you simply want people to post things you agree with or already know and that is kind of counter-productive and pointless.

The issue of someone being smarter than another is benine, as this is the whole reason for coming to this site in the first place. Do I have information to share, so that others may learn and can I learn from others who may information that I don't. If I'm simply looking for people who are posting information that is already known to me, then I'm not learning and if I reject information that doesn't appeal to me, then I'm embracing ignorance. It really is as simple as that.

As far as twisting history, it is already twisted, just ask any historian. It's not really a secret that history is often recorded differently than it actually happened. You can claim that I twist history all you want but until you offer logical discourse in your opposition to whatever history you think I have twisted, your words really mean little.

What I do do however, is offer theories and then offer evidence to those historical theories. It is up to the reader to weigh the evidence or research further (to which I even provide outlets) and then decide if they subscribe to my theory or not. If you feel that I am wrong in my theory and that you can poke holes in it (in a logical manner), then I envite you to do so, so long as it is rational and logical. However, simply stating "you're wrong", "that's offensive" or "that can't be right because it goes against my biases" doesn't cut it and does absolutely nothing to further intellectual debate.

You can;t ignore something because you don't agree with it or it doesn't agree with your biases. That is childish thinking, like ignoring the peas on your plate because you don't like them. Just because something doesn't agree with your biases, doesn't mean that it shouldn't be evaluated or is wrong. It's called objectivity and until you embrace objectivity, you will embrace ignorance.

--airspoon

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

What you do here is spread fairy tales, and think because you are Jewish makes it forgivable or more reliable.

Remember the “king” of Palestine? Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Like I said, your sense of humor is just getting better.

You want to deny ignorance by spreading lies, hearsay and innuendos? Fine, keep on the good work. You certainly did good so far.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
One more thing Mr airspoon.

One day, if and when, a new Nazi Jew hating like regime comes to power, all your post here will not serve you as protection.
In Nazi Germany, they couldn't care less about WWI honorable Jewish veterans. They couldn't care less if you were just a third generation Jew. They wanted them all dead. If you think anyone will give a damn whether you are a Zionist or just a Jew, than prepare to be surprised.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by gravitational
One more thing Mr airspoon.

One day, if and when, a new Nazi Jew hating like regime comes to power, all your post here will not serve you as protection.
In Nazi Germany, they couldn't care less about WWI honorable Jewish veterans. They couldn't care less if you were just a third generation Jew. They wanted them all dead. If you think anyone will give a damn whether you are a Zionist or just a Jew, than prepare to be surprised.

the holocaust did happen but Hitler was helped by the first zionist
to create this hatefull regime that love to oppress poor people who only have rocks to defend themself
the jews that were killed by hitler was the one not suporting the zionist general ideas
jew in general are very good moral human being filled with compassion
the contrary of zionist

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
This is about Iran is it not ?
please dont turn it into another " oh pity the poor palestineans " thread. There are loads of those already. What use is one more thread that spirals into madness and proves nothing except the inability to agree ?

what has a blast at an iranian secret base got to do with a palestinean woman being bitten by a dog , except the desire to enter into one more long drawn-out ad-nauseum argument about the tit-for-tat situation between Israel and palestine ?
I could say more because i have researched this for years , but what good would it do to continue to not learn from the mistakes.

edit on 15-10-2010 by Reconciler because: correction

new topics

top topics

join