Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage

page: 1
16
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   

U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage


www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON — A leading Muslim cleric has sparked controversy in Britain by claiming that it is impossible for men to rape their wives.
Sheikh Maulana Abu Sayeed, who is president of the Islamic Sharia Council, told a website that "sex is part of marriage" and suggested that husbands who commit such acts should not be prosecuted.
(visit the link for the full news article)




posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Husbands 'may be made to ask forgiveness ... That should be enough'

How do these type of people carry such weight in public affairs? Where is the moral compass? Anyone?

It goes on to say:

"Clearly there cannot be any rape within the marriage," he told The Samosa website. "Maybe aggression, maybe indecent activity... Because when they got married, the understanding was that sexual intercourse was part of the marriage, so there cannot be anything against sex in marriage. Of course, if it happened without her desire, that is no good, that is not desirable."

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)


+19 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One step forward for rapists, two steps backwards for their victims.


+2 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 


I don't even need to read the article linked, two phrases in the quoted text say it all: "Muslim cleric" & "Sharia Council"

Enough said.


+6 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 

I'd like to ask the ladies that have been subjected to this despicable behavior what their opinion is. No, means NO!
I don't care who the man is, when the woman says no - taking what he wants by force is rape in my book.

Now for the opinionated part: When a man respects a woman who loves him there will never be a need to force the issue. When a woman respects the man who loves her there will never be a need to force the issue. Love and respect are the keys to a healthy relationship.

Muslim men do not respect nor love their women.



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This does not surprise me coming from the women hating Muslim Culture.

Rape is quite simply sex without consent. Whether you are married or not if either party does not consent then it is rape.

But then we are talking about the Muslims here aren't we?? These are a group of people whom think it's perfectly o.k. to beat up your wife and actively condone the actions if your wife should so much as answer back or have an opinion of their own....

Simply Disgusting!!


Korg.



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:08 AM
link   
So then it must not be possible for a wife to rape her husband? (read: sodomy) If the woman wants it, then the husband has to lay there and take it. Rules are rules, after all



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alora
 


ummm...what?

Are we talking about women using toys, or some other attachments, to "have their way" with their men? Maybe I have missed something, but is this even an issue in the real world?



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale
 


Yes, you missed something.



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
reply to post by Alora
 


ummm...what?

Are we talking about women using toys, or some other attachments, to "have their way" with their men? Maybe I have missed something, but is this even an issue in the real world?


Your missing the point, Alora is illustrating the fact that any unwanted action against another, regardless of their sex, is wrong...



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 


Just another muslim nut who is happily given free reign in my great country. Theres being tollerant and theres being weak. Were so afraid that we might upset someone here that we freeze when ever muslim is mentioned.

We need to grow a pair and start deporting people like him.

Im offended, is anyone going to pander to my sensitivitys? Thought not!
edit on 14-10-2010 by KrypticCriminal because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
rape is penetration.

woman or man.

dezz guys are messed up.

thank you shria.

girly name, ya think?



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
reply to post by Americanist
 


Just another muslim nut who is happily given free reign in my great country. Theres being tollerant and theres being weak. Were so afraid that we might upset someone here that we freeze when ever muslim is mentioned.

We need to grow a pair and start deporting people like him.


As a country I agree with you 110%, from my own personal stance, I'm not frightened in the slighest of "upsetting" one of these nut cases, it's only going to get worse in this country.

I'm not sure I want to be around in another 30 years...



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


Thats what i mean. If the government is'nt going to stop them then who is?

Us the people?

Part of me does'nt want to be here now never mind in thirty years. I dont condone the BNP but i can certainly see why people are starting to move towards them and the EDL is it goes.

Is that what i have to do, just to have a voice in the matter. I think id rather up sticks and say bye bye blightey.



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
The cleric's opinion is rubbish.

Married or not, if the woman says NO, that means NO.

Another example of Sharia Law that treats women as a piece of property, not much better than animals.



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrypticCriminal
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


Thats what i mean. If the government is'nt going to stop them then who is?

Us the people?

Part of me does'nt want to be here now never mind in thirty years. I dont condone the BNP but i can certainly see why people are starting to move towards them and the EDL is it goes.

Is that what i have to do, just to have a voice in the matter. I think id rather up sticks and say bye bye blightey.


Exactly, I've said on here before that I also don't condone the BNP or EDL but I've also stated why people are driven to have extreme views, this country is an absolute shambles especially with regards to it's policies and relaxed attitude towards immigration and the like.

Oh well, I'll see you on the beach in Spain, I'll be the one sipping an ice cold Fosters and reading 1984



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Ministers and Priests have made inappropriate comments and opinions concerning public matters for years, this is no different.

He isn't government.



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Sex is indeed part of marriage.

Comparing using a dildo on a guy to actual penetration of your own wife is very silly.
Rape does not necessarily requires penetration as the definition says:

rape 1 (rp) n. 1. The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse. 2. The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction. 3. Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.

Forcing someone to any sexual act is rape, be them male or female (although our feminist society does not care very much about that...)

Of course I am against any kind of "rape", but seriously, if you do not want to have sex with your husband, and want to keep denying him, just divorce him already, because there is obviously something wrong in that relationship (whoever fault it is).

Then be a happy single person.



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

U.K. cleric: Rape is impossible within marriage


www.msnbc.msn.com

LONDON — A leading Muslim cleric has sparked controversy in Britain by claiming that it is impossible for men to rape their wives.
Sheikh Maulana Abu Sayeed, who is president of the Islamic Sharia Council, told a website that "sex is part of marriage" and suggested that husbands who commit such acts should not be prosecuted.
(visit the link for the full news article)



Absolutely disgusting. And to think they want us to go the way of Islam, yeh right. He should be sent back to his own country where, sick of hearing this sort of sh*t coming from these so called muslim clerics.



posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 







new topics

top topics



 
16
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join