It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'The Bride was Beautiful'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by wigit
Sorry but I don't think it's a beautiful story at all. It's terrible. That poor girl was in agony both physically and mentally. Granted, there would have been a few tiny moments where her mind was off her pain, just the whole busy-ness of the day. It's great she got married before the end came but that girl was suffering terribly. And so young, just a baby really. I'll bet there were thousands of tears at her wedding. I'm tearing up looking at the pictures.

So sad.

My feelings exactly. Being a man, perhaps I dont understand why weddings are so imperative for a woman....

I just think thats a lot of unneeded stress, energy exertion, and money spent on something that probably wasnt even fun for her. She could have had all of those people over for a huge party to celebrate her life, and she would have been much more comfortable. Or, even a relaxing trip to hawaii or something would have been a better way to spend her last days IMO

I hope Im not coming off as a heartless J.O.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

That is one of the strongest photo stories I have seen in a long time. Powerful and honest imagery with an enchanting story.

A true testament to the power of human will.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013
Thats a nice story, but Im having trouble seeing why it should be on a conspiracy site....

Sometimes we need reminders of what is really important in life. Otherwise, why should we care about corruption in government, lies and distortions by the main-stream media, corruption and flat-out evilness by some corporations, and everything else ATS helps us track and document? No, it's not a conspiracy story, but ATS is big enough to have an occasional pure human-interest thread without getting harmed by it.

Weddings aren't cheap. This one, although in MI, looks like they spent a good deal of $$. What was the point?
She should have just donated the money to cancer research and then thrown a huge party with her friends in a more comfortable setting, or even Disney Land would have been a better way to spend all that money and time.

Except it's not about the money. The amount spent on this wedding wouldn't even make a dent in the cancer-research field. This was about letting her complete one of her life goals before she died: marrying the man she loved and spending the rest of her life with him.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

My feelings exactly. Being a man, perhaps I dont understand why weddings are so imperative for a woman....

I just think thats a lot of unneeded stress, energy exertion, and money spent on something that probably wasnt even fun for her. She could have had all of those people over for a huge party to celebrate her life, and she would have been much more comfortable. Or, even a relaxing trip to hawaii or something would have been a better way to spend her last days IMO

No, not heartless, just being overly practical. That's something most of us men do. We seem to be hard-wired to favor the practical aspect above all else. Sometimes that's a good thing, but not always.
As an example, consider having children and raising a family. I don't know if you have any kids, but most parents would put their kids at the top of the list of what is important. In earlier times having a large family was very practical, as that gave you a large supply of workers for the family farm.
In a modern industrial society raising children is extremely expensive. Add in all the dangers the kids face, and the worry and cost makes a good argument for childlessness being a more practical choice for most people. However, most people still desire to have kids and raise a family, to the point that people will go to great links if they are having trouble conceiving.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I believe this is a random tragic story. The world is full of this. There are stories like this playing out every hour of every day. There are far worse stories.

Are we going to start posting shcoking stories how kids are dying in agony every day from terrible illness?

Why is this story any different. You show me a picture of (in your eyes) a beautiful young woman who dies of cancer and I can put up pictures of kids who spend their lives on hospital wards with terminal illness, Beautiful young kids.

This is facebook crap.Plain and simple. There is probably a page setup where you can sign your name in sympathy. I do not understand any of this. People need to examine life and examine death. It seems to be taboo for most people.

So many people are in agony at another persons death because of attachment. It all about attachment on this planet for so many people. Why do people do whatever it takes to cling on with every last fibre in their body to this life. You could fill pages with reasons why.Don't bother. I can tell you its all crap. Thats the truth. THe one and very simple reason is people are scared of death. Terrified. Thats how you trained to think. That is how you are programmed. You will do whatever it takes not to succumb to it.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Brother, I already flagged and starred you earlier. Now I want to thank you for that story. Today was the last day of chemo for the cancer treatment of my wife. I used your story in an email to thank all my friends for their support.

God bless you.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I pity her! The poor bride who through great sufferance puts on a show that would be satisfactory to her husbands wishes.

If I were in that guy's position, I would never have put her through that.

To be candid, the guy comes across as an ignorant ****!

That's just the way I see it.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
That is moving, detirmed to see it through to the end, then some.
Personally i wonder what happens when you die, i am not scared even in the slightest, i want to know (of course i will live my life untill something kills me) but i will always look forward to that day because i see it as a day when my life turely begins.

Sure my idea lacks logic, your "soul" i s your brain, you die your brain rots, you cease to exist, but maybe magical thinking is what gets us through, if we are alive as who we are now, then we were something before and after our lives.

But wonderful story very moving, gave me hope for an afterlife kinda deal

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
5 things.

no stars or flags for anything in this thread, I agree with others here that these stories are not what I expect to read at ATS.

I think this is a sad and tragic story and I'm stunned mostly by how aggressive her cancer was.

What the hell kind of cancer does that? bowel? I'm serious I want to know.

I have family who have battled cancer so I have an idea of how bad it can be.

I have a hard time understanding the value of this thread whatsoever. Its tabloid material.

-B.M
edit on 16/10/10 by B.Morrison because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well I tried to ignore the people who obviously were bothered by this being on ATS.

So if this thread really bother's anyone else, Im sure there is somewhere were you can send in a Complaint. Or just send a message to a Moderator for this Forum.

If you'd like to contribute to this thread, besides complaining why this shouldn't be on ATS, Please feel free too.

Other than that, Thank you to everyone who felt this to be a worthy thread, and really understood it.

Cancer runs in my family as well. My Grandma had breast cancer, and so did 2 of my Aunt's and my Mother. So I thank God I still have her here today, and cherish every moment of it.

edit on 16-10-2010 by Oozii because: -

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Quite a touching story, but is a 4 year old story really a current event?

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Great stuff, love the post

2nd line

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LAinhabitant

I have already commented on the quality of the documentary journalism as being very good, but didn't realize this story was four years old. A current event this is not, but a human interest story it most definitely is.

Perhaps there should be a section on ATS that can cater for old stories with ever-present meaning.

posted on Oct, 23 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Oozii

Originally posted by wigit
Sorry but I don't think it's a beautiful story at all. It's terrible. That poor girl was in agony both physically and mentally. Granted, there would have been a few tiny moments where her mind was off her pain, just the whole busy-ness of the day. It's great she got married before the end came but that girl was suffering terribly. And so young, just a baby really. I'll bet there were thousands of tears at her wedding. I'm tearing up looking at the pictures.

So sad.

It is the true story of a young child - 21 is a child at my age - and her love and courage. Almost every young girl and a lot of young men dream of that certain someone that comes into their lives and makes them complete.

That this young lady found her dream right before she died was probably the only thing that held her to her life of pain from that damned disease.

People on ATS want to fight against so many things that are wrong: I thank the OP for showing us all what we are fighting for. Godbless you Katie and rest in peace and love.

posted on Oct, 26 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
If I were that girl, I would have spent my last moments in my childhood home with my fiance and my close family like my parents. In my opinion that huge wedding was a bad choice for all involved and a huge waste of money.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join