It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

13 year old Florida girl accused of poisoning adoptive family

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
Story

Investigators said the girl confessed to putting roach and rodent poison, as well as dog feces, in food eaten by her adoptive mother. They also said she placed hand soap in her drinking water.

There is concern that the family's two biological children may also have been poisoned. It is believed that girl's actions began sometime in early 2009 and continued through April of 2010.

The adoptive mother told investigators that recent toxicology tests have shown traces of arsenic in her blood, and for the past year, she has seen her health deteriorate. At this point, she has refused to press charges against the girl.

Neighbors said the family provided love and a home for the girl, whom they adopted from Mexico years back, and even sent her to a private school.

I thought this would be the most appropriate forum, even though it may not be an issue caused by a society. Clearly something went very wrong in this girls head, or there is more to the story and there was a reason she wanted to commit this heinous act on her adoptive family. Does anyone have any opinions on what should happen to the girl if she is found guilty?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I have no idea what to think of this. Some 13 year olds know a lot more about the world than we dare to think. When they're nice their parents are very lucky indeed. When they're rotten then god help anyone around them. They're dangerous. Then you get some 13 yr olds who are still little girls.

They need to look at this particular one and find out just what type she it. Was she being silly or did she know exactly what she was doing? Personally I wouldn't trust her ever again, even if she were my REAL daughter. It must be one of the most horrific feelings in the world to have your child do something like that.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Trouble in Little Chi

To me this is highly indicative of a mental health issue, and quite possibly the result of this girl having been the subject of extreme abuse at a young age. It smacks to me, based upon the information here, of projected self hatred coming from this girl. Bearing in mind that I am basing an opinion from minimal evidence.

I have read about cases, somewhat like this, where abuse wasn't a factor. Parents have been targeted for refusing to allow the child access to people they feel romantically attracted or attached to, or the parents had initiated a very structured punishment, such as restricting the child from all social contact, or taking away some prized comfort.

Then, again, I've read of a couple of cases which could only be explained as the acts of a psychopath.

If this particular child is found to be mentally ill I would hope that she would be put into treatment and, there, sequestered until she is not a threat to herself or others, or indefinitely if no such resolution is forthcoming.

If this child is found to be mentally stable and aware, then I think that charges should be filed and that the DA might even look into charging as an adult, to secure the longest sentence possible.

Truly, this is either very sad, or it is very frightening, depending upon the mental state of this child.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
This sounds like she was the subject of molestation and forced rape. Beyond that no sane person in thier right mind would take a life "for the fun of it". That or she was molested by a previous familly and was calling out for help. Only someone really twisted, psychopathic, sociopathic would do something as hanious as this.

It's easier to ignore it and this is the end result then it is to question why.

join