It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Win a chance to Meet Obama, just pay $3 for the chance!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

I could post some pretty crazy, petty and dumb BS from both the DNC and GOP email campaigns. This "lottery" definetly makes the top five stupidest pitches from either.

Yes, yes it does rack up with among the top BS pieces of Email I get from the Democratic Party, I wonder though, Why I don't get anything from the GOP? I did sign up for them so that I could stay abreast of what is going on with the right.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Not sure why you don't get the emails...mine are a result of signing up at the McCain website...here is the latest.

Literally I could swap a name or two and replace the word "left" with "right" and it would read just like the stuff I get from the MoveOn.org etc.

The message is certainly identical...the other side are evil people and we need your money NOW to stop them.

I wonder if they use the same Campaign PR firm?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2010 3:24 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: Fwd: A shocking and misleading attack

Dear Friend,

The Obama/Pelosi attack machine has made me one of their top targets for defeat this year, and their hand-picked candidate has reached a new low. Last week, my opponent released an advertisement featuring a shocking, profanity-laced attack against me, and the liberal blogosphere went crazy over it, pumping money into my opponent's campaign bank account to defeat me. Today, I'm writing to ask for your help to defend myself against this attack.

My campaign team has informed me that we need to raise an additional $26,000 by midnight to meet our fundraising goal to fight back against this smear ad. So will you help me raise these additional funds by following this link ? Raising the money necessary to launch a response will send the message to my opponent that, while she may stoop to a new lows each week, we can mobilize and fight back with the facts.

I'm humbled and thankful to know that you stand with me as I defend myself against these crude attacks from the left. I've included a message my husband Marcus sent to my campaign's supporters last week and I hope you will take a moment to read the message below and make donation to help me defend myself against these constant attacks.

Thank you,
Michele

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 6, 2010 12:24:58 PM CDT
Subject: A shocking and misleading attack

From the Desk of

Michele's opponent has
launched a crude attack ad.

Help Michele raise $150,000 by
Friday to fight the smears.

Please make a donation today

Donate

Dear Friend,

I'm disgusted with the crude attacks the left launches every day against my wife and I'm writing to you with an urgent appeal to stop them.

Each week, liberals who want to defeat my wife stoop to a new low. You may remember this summer when left-wing activists littered Minnesota with posters advertising a concert called "F*** Michele Bachmann." Before that, Playboy magazine had to pull an explicit and repulsive article about conservative women, including my wife. And just a few weeks ago while campaigning for Michele's opponent, former President Bill Clinton referred to Michele and other Tea Party activists as "stupid."

I had hoped Michele's opponent, Tarryl Clark, would be above this type of behavior. But I am sad to report that she has just released a 30-second attack ad that uses a false, profanity-laced attack against my wife. This attack ad literally uses symbols to indicate profanity against Michele -- something I have never seen before in a campaign advertisement.

But while you and I can see through Tarryl Clark's transparent attempts to lure my wife into a grade school cussing match, others in our home district and around the country who don't know Michele may believe these attacks. That's why I'm reaching out to you today to help Michele fight back. Based on the advertising information we have received, Tarryl Clark is going to spend at least $150,000 smearing Michele on TV this week alone. We're planning to launch a counter offensive and must immediately raise $150,000 by Friday to respond.

Will you follow this link to pitch in $25, $50, $100, $250 or more to help Michele defend herself against these crude attacks?

Of course you won't see the mainstream media condemn this behavior, because as we have seen with Sarah Palin - anything is fair game when you are running against a conservative -- and effective -- woman. And of course the liberal-left is cheering these attacks on.

Michele is a dedicated wife, mother, foster mother, friend, and respected member of our community. I'm outraged to see Tarryl Clark stoop to this desperate low point. Clark believes her ad with foul language will distract voters away from her support for Barack Obama and Nancy Pelosi's leftist policies.

Michele is focused on representing our values in Congress and she doesn't need to use foul language to get that point across. So I ask that you help Michele raise $150,000 to stand up to these character assassins. We cannot allow them to win and every dollar you generously give today will be used to fight back against these attacks .

My wife continues to amaze me each day as she stands up to her critics to defend our values. But I know she cannot stand alone. She needs to know you stand with her. Please follow this link to generously give any amount you can afford to show Michele you support her and denounce these offensive attacks. Thank you so much for your support of Michele and her campaign.

Sincerely,
Marcus Bachmann

P.S. Tarryl Clark has joined her liberal friends in launching crude attacks on my wife. She has released a $150,000 attack ad that uses profanity directed at Michele and we need your immediate support to fight back. Will you help Michele raise $150,000 by Friday to fund a response based on the issues in this campaign ? Your support means all the difference as Michele continues to fight for our values.

Paid for by Bachmann for Congress
P.O. Box 25950 | Woodbury, MN 55125

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
This is ridiculous, For $3.00 I can by a BIG GULP Slurpee from 7 eleven.
I like the big straws too.

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
wow, I'm impressed
they've made $150.00
already.

Ya know most presidents don't
stoop to these tactics til they're
out of office ....

is this a hint of sorts??

posted on Oct, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
Maybe he could set up a $3 peep show machine featuring Michelle in her vegetable garden wearing only Arugula to cover her bathing suit areas.

I think I'm going to throw-up.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join