It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military ballots may not count in Illinois

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Military ballots may not count in Illinois

CHICAGO (WLS) - The U.S. Justice Department is investigating whether the state of Illinois missed the deadline for mailing absentee ballots to members of the military and other overseas American voters as part of a new federal overseas voting law.

Cris Cray, Director of Legislation at the Illinois State Board of Elections, says not all of Illinois' 110 jurisdictions were compliant with the 2009 Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment Act (MOVE).

The law requires every state to mail their absentee ballots 45 days prior to Election Day to overseas troops, government employees and other Americans who want to vote from abroad.

Cray says she is currently compiling data from each of Illinois' jurisdictions to determine which were compliant and which were delinquent. Cray said it's possible the ballots may not be counted because the state was tardy in sending them out.

It's starting not to be surprising that this is happening in the mid-term elections when the Democratic party is facing losing some of their seats in Congress next month.

Aside from the fact that this should not be surprising, it is beyond belief that anyone in charge of the Board of Elections, no matter what their political affiliation is, would be so blatantly disrepsectful of our troops serving overseas. If the State Board of Elections were to have honestly forgotten, and I believe they didn't, why didn't the Pentagon notify Illinois that Election Day is coming up on us? Have we got irresponsible children running these government offices?

I really don't think it should be up to the Pentagon to remind grown people how to do their jobs. If it is to be found that someone did this for the sole purpose of not counting the votes in fear of politicians losing their seats, they should have to serve a mandatory prison sentence. And if it is found that any politician is behind this, then prison should be the only option given. I'm really going to have to quit commenting on this subject because there is really nothing nice that can be said avbout this.

This really sucks. Our government is acting like a third world government.

edit on 13/10/10 by Intelearthling because: Had to comments.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This has also happened in New Mexico and at least 5 other states.

The Justice Department settled a similar case with New Mexico Tuesday as six state counties failed to meet the deadline. Voters from those counties who requested overseas ballots by Sept. 18 and send them by Nov. 2 will be counted until Nov. 6, according to the settlement. It is also suing Guam and has settled with five other states, the District of Columbia and the U.S. Virgin Islands for violating the law.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

I certainly smell something cooking and its starting to burn. Most folks around ATS don't seem to care much these days. Too busy waiting for UFO disclosure/distraction just in time for the elections

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Check out my thread covering it, I am adding them as they come. But the list seems to be growing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-Kdial1
edit on 14-10-2010 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Absolutely unforgivable. The dems don't want the military to vote, as they mostly vote republican, yet they keep sending them off to die. I guess whatever it takes.

top topics

join