It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look to the west at sunset

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I was in the backyard and noticed for the last few days that there is a new bright object in the sky around 7:00pm in the western part of the sky, about 30 degrees high. It seems to have moved to the right (slightly north) over the last few days.

It twinkles a wide spectrum of colors, so I'm pretty sure its not Venus or Mercury, and Jupiter is on the other side of the sky, and I couldn't find any star systems this could fit into.

Has anyone else noticed, or is this just a star I missed....anyway....thoughts?

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by breakonthrough9

Arcturus maybe?

According to my location and stellarium, arcturus is the most likely candidate.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
yeah I have been noticing it for a week or more, I though it was a satellite the first time I seen it but it never moves.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I have seen the same exact thing in the sky the past month, I thought it was a planet but it seems to twinkle somewhat but not like a star would and it is as bright as venus. I am viewing it from Southern California on top of a hill and it is clear as glass.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I'm in northern Oregon and It's very clear hear as well.

posted on Oct, 13 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
It'll be Jupiter-when the sun sets it's in the East sky and goes to round to the West much like the sun during daytime.Here in Scotland it's by far the brightest object in the sky excluding the moon just now-it almost looks like two lights virtually on top of each other(which is I presume are the moons)It looks so much lower and nearer than the stars!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra
reply to post by breakonthrough9

Arcturus maybe?

According to my location and stellarium, arcturus is the most likely candidate.

I agree.

Arcturus is very bright and exactly where you say that you see this object at the time you say you see this object.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The "handle" of the Big Dipper (Ursa Major) should be somewhere above, as it kind of points down to Arcturus. So if you see this above your star, then it would certainly be Arcturus that you are looking at.
edit on 14-10-2010 by sightings because: (no reason given)

top topics

join