It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The October 13th Prediction That Came True! Summary Of All The Sightings!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by headb

I'll preface by saying I haven't diligently read the entire thread, but I've scanned it. I may have missed these attacks on specific people by those of the more skeptical persuasion here, could you point some out? The only attacks I've seen were against the fallacious viewpoint that there would be (or has been) a full disclosure alien invasion. I know that I do tend to reach toward the psychological side of why people who post the things we've seen here the last few days do so, but that's because it's both interesting to me, and can help us all understand how these things come to pass.

Look at it this way: If there were to be full disclosure of an alien presence by the aliens themselves (which is what this particular incident was supposed to be), what good does it do to have people trying to convince everyone that it happened because they didn't see it themselves? Doesn't that defeat the whole point of the exercise?

The prediction was that aliens were going to reveal themselves to the world as both existing, and a presence on this planet. We as humans got neither of those.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
There does seem to be an overwhelming amount of skepticism, even by ats standards.

I think its incredibly negative that people get on here just to shut down the interesting discussions taking place, every third post or so, i can respect healthy argument, but this seems a little extreme. This site is largely dedicated to ufo discussion, and here we have one of the most interesting things taking place in that respect, can't we just all acknowledge that this is a very strange thing, the predictions, world wide sightings etc, i'm so tired of people trying to downplay the significance of all these events. It's no wonder the human race isn't evolving as we should.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye

The prediction was that aliens were going to reveal themselves to the world as both existing, and a presence on this planet. We as humans got neither of those.

No the prediction was that UFOs were supposed to show up at many major world cities...which happened. I mean... half a mountain and a chinese village vanished for craps sake!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

I think the human race isn't evolving because we base our opinions on assumptions. It's strange, I don't think anybody can disagree with that. But making theories about what it could be without automatically saying it's a UFO...is a good thing. The only time thats not a good thing is if someone sticks to that theory without providing evidence and figuring it out themselves instead of relying on what other's say. If you want to prove that there are UFO's then listen to skepticism and listen to their theories... then prove them wrong. Blindly saying that it's a ufo without exploring options doesn't make you any more evolved than a skeptic. I'm not trying to insult you...I'm just giving you my opinion...So sorry if this sounds rude it's not meant to be.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Zefflin

See i've been getting conflicting opinions about the Chinese village vanishing... is this actually true? I never heard whether it was a hoax or not...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I agree, as much as I THINK, yes THINK not KNOW, there are other life forms in our vast universe. I don't believe it was the "real deal" on 10-13-10. If there are PTB then we are eating right from their hands. We are acting exactly how they want us to react, until I see with my own eyes undeniable proof I wont believe either way. Also if I do see some type of proof with my own eyes I still wont believe it's other life forms until it's clear they are definitely not PTB or the Illuminati or, to be on the safe side, any other government.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EsSeeEye

Alas, I really can't provide more info because I wasn't there. It would be a whole different discussion if those people in the video, for example, would come here and discuss the incident.

If this were a hoax (I'm refraining from calling it one) it's elaborate and has fooled witnesses on the ground. We have 4chan and tweeter hoaxers collaborating with weather balloon hoaxers. And then we have the reports from other cities and countries. Finally, there's the military/government blue beam whatever. So... that's all confusing really.

The waters are all muddied now. George Orwell was wrong, info will not be withheld from the public, but rather we shall have overflowing amounts of it - where truth is unrecognizable from fiction. And the public will be as sheep driven to their holding pens, submissive and almost as if voluntarily herded.

That to me implies that I will have to wait for a landing before even giving a ratsarse. Let them continue the fly-bys if they're indeed softening the public for a disclosure OR let the pranksters waste their time, they seem to have lots of it.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zefflin
No the prediction was that UFOs were supposed to show up at many major world cities...which happened. I mean... half a mountain and a chinese village vanished for craps sake!

That seems to be a viral for the upcoming movie Skyline, just like when V was coming out.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-10-2010 by Rizaun because: he wanted to.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by headb

The waters are all muddied now. George Orwell was wrong, info will not be withheld from the public, but rather we shall have overflowing amounts of it - where truth is unrecognizable from fiction. And the public will be as sheep driven to their holding pens, submissive and almost as if voluntarily herded.

This gives us even more reason to use our natural logic and reasoning to figure out what the most likely explanations are.

I'm very skeptical, but there's a very sincere part of me that believes very strongly in the possibility. However, instead of beating every unidentified light in the sky into the ground and claiming it's aliens, I'd like to see real evidence. Unidentified is unidentified, so a UFO is not evidence of aliens, and that's that. Until it's identified as an actual alien spacecraft, it's just a UFO.

So, when I see so much hysteria over something yet unidentified being considered aliens, I get a bit annoyed. People are using the term UFO to mean aliens, and it's being interpreted that way, so now anything unidentified gets to be used as "evidence" of aliens, which is total bull.

A village disappears after "UFO" events? I'd be surprised if it's true, first of all, and even more surprised if none of those villagers are ever found after having moved down the mountain, but even if they were totally gone out of thin air, where's the evidence that aliens were behind it? Because there was something "Unidentified" there? That doesn't fit!

Unidentified does not equal aliens, people!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I agree. This should automatically be labeled as UFO.

Hope MSM feels the same. They usually come on as, "Were UFOs seen in NY, or were they balloons?". The question mark should automatically tag the objects as UFOs. Plus this will come with a pic of a flying disc.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I've been reading the Balloons were what they saw in downtown New York and the School that lost there Balloons.

I think we need to investigate the School how many Balloons did they have and compare video and Photos of what was over New York at the time..

Before we totally debunk this its does need to be fully investigated .

The media say's now it could be Balloons and just Balloons ..

How big were the Balloons and did all of the eye witnesses see the same things in the sky ?

I have alot of questions .

edit on 14-10-2010 by wesufmcosmic because: updated my thoughts

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by headb

I agree. This should automatically be labeled as UFO.

Hope MSM feels the same. They usually come on as, "Were UFOs seen in NY, or were they balloons?". The question mark should automatically tag the objects as UFOs. Plus this will come with a pic of a flying disc.

Well, until there's a reasonable explanation it's a UFO. Balloons are a reasonable explanation for some of the sightings, planes are a reasonable explanation for others. But even if something can't be reasonably ruled out as a balloon or an airplane, that doesn't automatically mean it's aliens, it could still very easily be a balloon or a plane, or a cloud, or a bird, or one of a million other simple, terrestrial explanations.

Those explanations are boring though, so hey, why not aliens! Once it's decided that something is aliens, you get to come up with why the aliens are here, what they want, where they're from, and if that includes something like, say, visiting Earth thousands of years ago, you even get to redefine people! You get to rewrite history in any way you want, and it can't be disproven, because the aliens aren't here to tell their side of the story. So you end up with thousands of conflicting alien stories when we don't even have evidence of aliens themselves.

The problem comes along when you end up with something like what happened here, with this thread. One small faction decides something, like a disclosure date, and everyone piles in to accommodate it. Of course there is no real mass disclosure, so the gaping hole of logic has to be filled, and quickly, with whatever may be at hand. This time it's airplanes above an airport. Before it was telepathic communication about how the governments of the world wouldn't allow it, or how the different alien races were warring with each other and wouldn't allow it, and so on. It turns into a huge mess, yet every single time there are people out there who step up to defend it as if it's perfectly logical.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zefflin
I mean... half a mountain and a chinese village vanished for craps sake!

Did it?
I've seen no concrete proof that this even happened at all.
Only poor translations from unknown sources.

And what part of the prediction mentioned Chinese villagers being kidnapped, and how would that connect to world threat due to carbon build up?

- Lee

edit on 14-10-2010 by lee anoma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rajaten

Your thoughts and any new information or content that I have missed in the OP is more than welcome.

Here is some new information; You are spreading misinformation.

The image you posted above is DIRT on the protective window in front of the camera. Those are NOT UFOS.

Do you see the larger red oval? That is a dirt smudge! That dirt smudge is moving exactly with the "ufos". This is because the "ufos" and the dirt smudge are on the same protective window. The "ufos" are just dirt marks.

Either that, or the "ufos" are magically moving exactly with the dirt smudge, or the smudge is magically moving with the "ufos".
No... it's just dirt!

This proves a good majority of you people will believe anything without doing any actual thinking or research.

Many of you will look at this post and think I am some "skeptic" trying to discredit you all... but the reality is, I am helping you all. Even though I am helping... many of you will still attack me. It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

edit on 15-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 0ne10

Very convincing.
I'm inclined to agree that this looks like dirt and smudges on the camera thanks to your gif.

- Lee

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Here is some more images of dirt on the protective window.

These images were taken from the same exact video that the original "ufo" images were taken from. They were conveniently ignored by whoever is perpetrating this HOAX.

edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I don't think it came true, I mean the mass sightings were supposed to be convincing. Instead, we get a few blurbs on the news. UFO sightings happen all the time, today was nothing special.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Here is some very cool videos to watch...

Compared to these "ufos".....

....they are just jets!

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by wesufmcosmic

NYC man taking the video said "I think it's balloons"

IMO Lightening that hit a transformer, knocked out all power to the hillside cities = disappeared

I thought the aliens were supposed to show themselves to the world.100% disclosure.
You know, meetings and greetings.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0ne10

This proves a good majority of you people will believe anything without doing any actual thinking or research.

Many of you will look at this post and think I am some "skeptic" trying to discredit you all... but the reality is, I am helping you all. Even though I am helping... many of you will still attack me. It's like biting the hand that feeds you.

edit on 14-10-2010 by 0ne10 because: fixed image and typo

And just who do you think you are?
Using logic and proof in the almighty UFO thread!
You...you ...Thinker!

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join