It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do free-masons do?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
That's what the "BLARR!" is for, make them run away

I wonder if the idea of reptilians came from that movie "V".

I remember when I saw that in my senior english class...it was a small class and we'd watch sci-fi movies...and just rip on them.

We were better than Mystery Science Theatre 3,000, they should have used us as script writers lol.

*will never forget "Prince Humperdink" as the Vampire in Fright Night hahaha*.

Anyways, we were so disappointed that the aliens in "V" were human-looking, so it was kinda like "in your face you cynical teenagers!" when it was revealed they were just reptialians in Human skins

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Sadly, those same folks will believe it even when 5 million men deny it...

Some folks just need a group to hate, and since it is now not only unfashionable but downright ignorant to hate blacks, jews, mexicans, etc etc, they had to find SOMEONE to make their pathetic worthless lives seem worthy, if only in their own minds, so they point at Masonry, which folks of that ilk can't understand ANYWAY...

Each Mason is a free agent. Each Mason is encouraged to look within himslef to find that flame of good and fan it into a conflagration. Part of becoming a better man is service, to your brothers, to your community, to your family, to your nation.

Part of service above and beyond youself can be politics, war, or any other human endeavor that builds what a man sees as good, mete, fit and proper. Since charity and service are essential tenets of freemasonry, it should not be surprising to see masons in all levels of government and history.

But that is MASONS, not MASONRY. That distinction is not a spurrious or facetious one, but very real. Masonry is about morality and being better, reaching for that goal individually. Masonry is not about political goals, as masons are across the political spectrum, and politics are never discussed in lodge.

therefore, the idea that Masons are some secret government, when some of us have a hard time organizing LUNCH or a stated meeting dinner that does not include roast beef of some kind is laughable.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
Some folks just need a group to hate... ..., they had to find SOMEONE to make their pathetic worthless lives seem worthy, if only in their own minds, so they point at Masonry, which folks of that ilk can't understand ANYWAY...

LOL. I for one am very very happy that I dont "walk in the light" - I am a truly free man. Opinions of hatred like the above are the very thing that solicits hatred for your organization. Intolerance breeds intolerance.

[edit on 28-6-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
So, let me get this straight... people hate masons because we are masons, and it is intollerant of ME to find them intollerant and hateful... and that, in your mind, defines hatred???

I am sorry, my friend, but I do not know where you went to school or grew up, but when someone hates you for being honest, straightforward and honorable,and you point out the foolishness and narrowmindedness of that position, it hardly can be considered hate...

More, feel sorry for those with such small minds that need to hate someone to feel worth anything...

You are obviously confusing hatred for pity... which doesn't surprise me, considering you seem to hate a group of good and honest men... simply for being good and honest... very sad.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So, let me get this straight... people hate masons because we are masons, and it is intollerant of ME to find them intollerant and hateful... and that, in your mind, defines hatred???

Intolerance = Hatred --

Should I quote you again??
Some folks just need a group to hate, and since it is now not only unfashionable but downright ignorant to hate blacks, jews, mexicans, etc etc, they had to find SOMEONE to make their pathetic worthless lives seem worthy, if only in their own minds, so they point at Masonry, which folks of that ilk can't understand ANYWAY...

You obviously are intolerable of anyone who doesnt agree with you. Sure some people may be uninformed or mislead - but you are clearly preaching intolerance and NOT understanding. Try and look at it from the other guys perspective and not be so high and mighty. It makes me laugh that SOO many masons take part in a conspiracy forum, but yet, according to you guys, when it comes to masonry, it is impossible for a conspiracy to exist within masonry. Just plain impossible right? COULD NOT WOULD NOT HAPPEN!! Ya .. right ...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

You obviously are intolerable of anyone who doesnt agree with you.

Not at all. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me. I disagree with folks that attack me because I am a mason. I disagree with people that would slander me because I am a Mason. I disagree with folks that would lie about me because I am a mason. They are certainly entitled to their opinions, as I am entitled to mine. Surely you would not take away MY right to point out that the haters seem to hate because they need someone to hate to make their pathetic little lives worthwhile?

I see what I see and report it. When I am attacked and lied about because of the group I associate with, then I can only figure that the hate speech is due to some kind of social defect in the speaker. You don't like that, and call it hate speech. Nothing I wrote could qualify as hate speech, unless you are one of those folks that would rather believe evil of folks...

Sure some people may be uninformed or mislead - but you are clearly preaching intolerance and NOT understanding.

What, exactly, would you have me understand? Would you have told the Jew in Nazi Gernany that they should simply try to understand the nazi as they destroyed their livelihoods and shipped them off to the camps. Should I be tolerant of those that defame and slander me? How tolerant should I be? I made an observation, you don't like the observation... you want to deal with the facts, or just toss stones at the person that points out the defects?

Try and look at it from the other guys perspective and not be so high and mighty. It makes me laugh that SOO many masons take part in a conspiracy forum, but yet, according to you guys, when it comes to masonry, it is impossible for a conspiracy to exist within masonry. Just plain impossible right? COULD NOT WOULD NOT HAPPEN!! Ya .. right ...

Well, here you prove my point. 5 million masons write and say there is no conspiracy, there is no evidence to prove a conspiracy exists, and gigantic evidence to prove that masonry is exactly what it says it is, yet you would rather believe evil of this group of good and honorable men.

So, you are proving my point for me. Some folks seem to need a group to hate, and you are proving to me and everyone that you are one of those folks... why is that?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   

yet you would rather believe evil of this group of good and honorable men.

If you wanna put words in my mouth go right ahead.

5 million masons write and say there is no conspiracy, there is no evidence to prove a conspiracy exists

So are you honestly saying that it is completely impossible for any number of masons to form a conspiracy amongst themselves? For example, what would stop a few masons from creating their own group within masonry? Could this not happen? If so, why not?

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
There's a HUGE difference between saying "I guess, in theory, it would be possible for some number of Masons to group together with some clandestine aim," and saying "AH-HA! Masons form a conspiracy! They're so eeeeevil!"

The fact of the matter is, what would a conspiracy of men within Masonry actually do, anyway? Would they pull their evil strings to make sure that every Lodge buys the same kind of ballot box? Would they perhaps lobby that we change the traditional Lodge colour from blue to green?

The fact of the matter is, that Freemasonry has no centralised "power." Each provincial or jurisdictional Grand Lodge is a force entirely unto itself, with no-one to answer to except, of course, the civil authorities of its country. Even Grand Lodges have limited power over the actions of Lodges, and let me tell you as someone who knows, Lodges have no power whatever over the actions of their members outside of Lodge. So what would a conspiracy gain anyone? There's no political power to be had, and the only way there would be money to be had would be if you could influence a bunch of Lodges to order their regalia from somewhere.

Before you start insinuating about how there's a "conspiracy" in Freemasonry, it's always better to provide some kind of proof. I'm sure you've heard of "proof" before, haven't you?

Otherwise, you're just speaking in hypotheticals.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
Otherwise, you're just speaking in hypothetical.

If we speak in hypothetical, then you could say possibly that any group, anywhere, any place and any time could create their own conspiracy, whether large or small. Maybe three kids in the preschool have banded together, maybe the church choir has a few member making a conspiracy, A few slurpee vending guys/girls have created their own conspiracy. You know, I saw 4 dogs running together down the street... maybe they have banded together and are up to something evil. If you look for a conspiracy, then you can see it happening anywhere. That is the great thing about them... You need no proof, just an idea...

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

If we speak in hypothetical, then you could say possibly that any group, anywhere, any place and any time could create their own conspiracy, whether large or small. Maybe three kids in the preschool have banded together, maybe the church choir has a few member making a conspiracy, A few slurpee vending guys/girls have created their own conspiracy.

Ahh I can agree completely. Of course I understand there is no vast conspiracy of evil among the entire membership of masonry. However I don't see how any mason can reasonably argue against the chance of conspiracy within because, as pointed out above, that is what people do. We conspire. Whether of good or bad intent it is what we do. Like Aex said - the "conspiracy" may be to change the color of the lodge or something silly - it could just as easily be something more dramatic. Yes this is all hypothetical. The "conspiracy" very well could be to feed the poor or clothe the naked
. It could still be labelled as a conspiracy whatever the purpose.... so there IS a conspiracy!!

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Greetings, Brothers and gentlemen. New guy here.
I am a Past Master of the local Lodge, and a 32 degree Scottish Rite Mason.

If you look closer, you will see the Catholic church has no problem with Masonry. There was a Papal Bull several centuries ago outlawing Masonry, since the Degrees were not made available to the Pope. That kind of blew over in the past few hundred years, and Catholics are now members of Lodges, along with any other religious denomination you can come up with. The man who was my instructor was a Catholic.

It is nice to see a forum available where we can educate and answer questions of non-Masons. As far as taking over the world, our Lodge can hardly agree on what to have for dinner next meeting.

An interesting side note, Harry Truman while president, set in a lodge where his White house gardner was the Lodge Master. Other well known Masons were George Washington, Teddy Roosevelt, Red Skelton, John Wayne, Audie Murphy, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, and many other public figures.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLMGITNHFTWS
It could still be labelled as a conspiracy whatever the purpose.... so there IS a conspiracy!!

No, the result of your argument is "there COULD BE a conspiracy."

There is a conspiracy amoung Masons to make the world a better place by, as you say, feeding the poor, helping the sick, consoling the bereaved, etc. This is not exactly an open secret, but you can figure it out from our literature. It's true.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hehehehe... Ok Alex .. I will concede that. I agree. "Could be" is not "IS"

But you did just say there is a conspiracy. LOL.

If you look closer, you will see the Catholic church has no problem with Masonry.

Really? I thought it was that Masonry has no problem with the Catholic Church but that the Catholic Church has a problem with Masonry. As far as I can tell neither the Catholic or the Orthodox church officially endorse masonry as an acceptable practice. However I could very well be wrong on this, so please point me to some good info if you can. Heres some links to the first stuff I got from a google search on the subject (correct or incorrect as it may be).

www.clearlightcatholic.com...
www.orthodoxinfo.com...

Harry Truman while president, set in a lodge where his White house gardner was the Lodge Master

Great ideas/principles like these are what got me started on my research involving masonry.

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 08:11 PM
link   
www.chick.com...
A great little booklet about masons and whom they really worship

posted on Jun, 28 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
*Yoink

[edit on 29-6-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
was not the KoC formed as " a good Catholics" alternative to the Masonic
Order ?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Really? I thought it was that Masonry has no problem with the Catholic Church but that the Catholic Church has a problem with Masonry. As far as I can tell neither the Catholic or the Orthodox church officially endorse masonry as an acceptable practice. However I could very well be wrong on this, so please point me to some good info if you can. Heres some links to the first stuff I got from a google search on the subject (correct or incorrect as it may be).

www.clearlightcatholic.com...
www.orthodoxinfo.com...
Sorry for being a smart a**, but. Does the Catholic Church officially endorse breathing? If so please point me to some good info if you can on that subject. The Catholic Church officially endorses very little of what makes up this world of our, is it right to believe that because they haven't endorsed it, their against it? Did they endorse banana pudding? Cause I really like banana pudding.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by Darktalon]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I would agree with you, except for the fact that no church has openly condemned breathing or banana pudding as a Satanic practice. Untill they either retract their opinion of masonry or openly endorse it as an acceptable act, one would logically have to assume that they still condemn masonry .... would they not? I am asking... not telling ... no need to take offence ... I clearly asked for some information ... if you have some please point me to it.

[edit on 30-6-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Sadly, I would interpret the central RCC's attitude to be that joining Freemasonry is not allowed. Here's a quote from everybody's best friend, The Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith (formerly known as the Inquisition... but hey, that's why pencils have erasers, right?)

It has been asked whether there has been any change in the Church's decision in regard to Masonic associations since the new Code of Canon Law does not mention them expressly, unlike the previous code.
This sacred congregation is in a position to reply that this circumstance is due to an editorial criterion which was followed also in the case of other associations likewise unmentioned inasmuch as they are contained in wider categories.
Therefore, the Church's negative judgment in regard to Masonic associations remains unchanged since their principles have always been considered irreconcilable with the doctrine of the Church and, therefore, membership in them remains forbidden. The faithful, who enroll in Masonic associations are in a state of grave sin and may not receive Holy Communion.
It is not within the competence of local ecclesiastical authorities to give a judgment on the nature of Masonic associations which would imply a derogation from what has been decided above, and this in line with the declaration of this sacred congregation issued Feb. 17,1981.

On the other hand, if you look at a summary of what has been said by various Catholic authorities about Freemasonry, it's very hard to tell what the ruling actually is. I would agree with others that it comes down to the feelings of your local Priest or Bishop.

If anyone's a big Inquisition (oops... I mean Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, of course) fan, I'm sorry that I'm so sarcastic about them. You will have to forgive what even I realise is a failing on my part -- I'm just miffed about the anti-Masonic attitude and, you know, all the burnings and what-not in the Middle Ages.

df1

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I would agree with you, except for the fact that no church has openly condemned breathing or banana pudding as a Satanic practice. Untill they either retract their opinion of masonry or openly endorse it as an acceptable act, one would logically have to assume that they still condemn masonry .... would they not? I am asking... not telling ... no need to take offence ... I clearly asked for some information ... if you have some please point me to it.

Vatican downsizes the Inquisition
Jason Horowitz/NYT NYT Wednesday, June 16, 2004

The Vatican said Tuesday that fewer witches were burned at the stake and fewer heretics tortured into conversion during the dark centuries of the Inquisition than is generally believed, but it also sought renewed forgiveness for sins committed by Roman Catholics in the name of church doctrine.
www.iht.com...

It took the catholic church about 700 years to look into the inquisition, so I wouldnt start looking in the papers for a retraction on the masons till some time after the year 2700 or so. Hope that helps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join