It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do free-masons do?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:45 AM
link   
I've been hearing alot of them, from what I understand they're a secret orginization with the government, or something along those lines. Can a person tell me what their actual purpose is?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Here you go, check this link out,... you may find your answer in here, I beleive.

www.infowars.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well, our stated purpose is to take good men, with a faith in god, and make them better men.

What we do is eat a lot of beef, give away a lot of money (about $700 MILLION per year) and work hard to make our community a better place in which to live.

Pretty nefarious, eh?

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
$700 million per year, where do you get all of that?! You must get a huge cashflow each month or something for that matter.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   
The website only contained these

THE ROAD TO TYRANNY EXPOSES:

*HOW DOZENS OF FBI AND DEFENSE INTELLIGENCE AGENTS WERE THREATENED WITH ARREST BY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT IF THEY GOT IN THE WAY OF AL-QAEDA OPERATIONS

*HOW THE CIA TRAINED, FUNDED AND PROTECTED BIN LADEN

*THAT IMPEACHMENT LAWYER DAVID SCHIPPERS WARNED CONGRESS AND THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT OF THE IMPENDING TERRORISTS ATTACKS . (THE FILM INCLUDES AN EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW WITH SCHIPPERS ON THE ALEX JONES SHOW JUST 2 WEEKS AFTER THE ATTACKS. SCHIPPERS HAS SINCE BEEN THREATENED WITH ARREST IF HE CONTINUES TO SPEAK OUT, AND IS BEGGING THE MEDIA AND THE AMERICAN PEOPLE TO GET THIS STORY OUT)

*HOW THE BLOODTHIRSTY GLOBALISTS ARE USING THE TERRORIST ATTACKS TO SCARE THE POPULATION INTO ACCEPTING HIGH-TECH SLAVERY AND A NEW WORLD ORDER POLICE STATE

* HOW THE RECENTLY DECLASSIFIED TOP-SECRET NORTHWOODS DOCUMENT WRITTEN BY THE JOINT CHIEFS OF STAFF LAID OUT PLANS TO BOMB WASHINGTON AND TO HIJACK AIRPLANES AS A PRETEXT FOR WAR

*BILL CLINTON'S INVOLVEMENT IN THE OKLAHOMA CITY BOMBING AND HOW IT WAS CARRIED OUT BY INTELLIGENCE AGENCIES TO BE BLAMED ON THE RIGHT-WING

*HOW THE FBI ORDERED THEIR INFORMANTS TO COOK THE BOMB AND TRAIN THE DRIVERS IN THE FIRST WORLD TRADE CENTER ATTACK IN 1993

*WHY THE USA PATRIOT ACT IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND UN-AMERICAN

*WHY THE GOVERNMENT LEAVES OUR BORDERS WIDE-OPEN BUT TELLS US TO GIVE UP OUR LIBERTIES FOR SECURITY AND THAT MORE TERRORIST ATTACKS ARE IMMINENT

*FBI TRAINING MANUALS THAT ARE BEING GIVEN TO POLICE DEPARTMENTS THAT STATE THAT CHRISTIANS, GUN OWNERS, AND "THOSE WHO MAKE FREQUENT REFERENCES TO THE US CONSTITUTION" ARE TERRORISTS

*THE UNFOLDING CASHLESS SOCIETY BIOMETRIC CONTROL-GRID

AND MUCH, MUCH MORE...

THE GOVERNMENT NEEDED A CRISIS TO CONVINCE THE PEOPLE TO WILLINGLY GIVE UP THEIR LIBERTY IN EXCHANGE FOR SAFETY.

.....NOW THE PAINFUL FACTS ARE IN. THE DARK FORCES OF GLOBAL GOVERNMENT ARE FUNDING, TRAINING AND PROTECTING TERRORIST NETWORKS WORLDWIDE.

.....911 THE ROAD TO TYRANNY DOCUMENTS THE RUTHLESS HISTORY OF GOVERNMENTS ORCHESTRATING TERRORIST ATTACKS AGAINST THEIR OWN PEOPLE TO SCARE THEM INTO TOTAL SUBMISSION.

.....IN THIS BRUTAL EXPOSE YOU WILL WITNESS THE BIRTH OF A GLOBAL POLICE STATE THAT SURPASSES ORWELL'S NIGHTMARE VISION.

.....IT'S ALL HERE: THE HISTORY OF GOVERNMENT-SPONSORED TERRORISM, THE MODERN IMPLEMENTATION OF FEAR-BASED CONTROL AND, MOST FRIGHTENING OF ALL, THE NEW WORLD ORDER'S FUTURE PLANS.

.....THIS IS ONE FILM YOU CANNOT AFFORD TO IGNORE. THE FUTURE OF FREE PEOPLE EVERYWHERE IS AT STAKE.

BIG BROTHER IS AFRAID OF THIS DOCUMENTARY!!!
ORDER TODAY AND SPREAD THE WORD!

I don't think that contained much or any info about the Freemasons at all.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falco3957
I've been hearing alot of them, from what I understand they're a secret orginization with the government, or something along those lines. Can a person tell me what their actual purpose is?

Freemasonry is an international fraternal organization of men dedicated to promulgating the principles of the Enlightenment, which is composed of independent and sovereign Grand Lodges that have bestowed mutual recognition upon each other.
Masonry has nothing to do with any government, except that some state leaders have been members of the fraternity.

As for the charitable funds, this money comes from donations made by members, by non-members who wish to support the fraternity�s charities, and through public fundraisers.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Falco3957
The website only contained these...
I don't think that contained much or any info about the Freemasons at all.

Of course it didn't, it was posted by a non-Mason, perhaps in jest, perhaps in an agenda driven attempt to decieve. Freemasonry is an ancient (how ancient is often a source of debate) fraternity that is found in practically every corner of the world. The definition contained within the Monitorial of my Grand Lodge is:

Freemasonry is defined as a beautiful system of morals veiled in allegory, and illustrated by symbols. It's Tenets are Brotherly Love, Relief and Truth. It's Cardinal Virtues are Temperance, Fortitude, Prudence and Justice.

The detractors of Freemasonry will have you believe that we are reptiles, baby eaters bent on world domination and complete impunity from traffic citations. I could provide a list of the credible Masonic posters on this forum but it will make for a better thread if it goes through the natural progression (after all I'm just a Monkey banging on a keyboard waiting for the next Fox Maiden, and a drink). If you are interested, please either post or u2u me you state, province or country, and I'll post or send the Grand Lodge site (and any others that may be relevant to your location), this will give specific information within the Jurisdiction in which you live. Also if interested PLEASE check out the various hate sites of Freemasonry, it is a stark contrast as to what you will find contained within our Tenets and I'm confident any rational person (or Monkey) can see it for what it is.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Just go on the official sites. Most of the non official sites are just complete crap based on lies and opinions that the webmasters can't even prove.

These links will help you;

freemasonrytoday.com
freemasonry.org
freemasonry.net
grandlodge-england.org
supremecouncil.org

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
let us not forget one of the most (IMO) important institutions that recieve
contributions from all masonic associated organizations. ( at least when
i was a DeMolay ) The Shrine Childrens Hospitals

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Just go on the official sites. Most of the non official sites are just complete crap based on lies and opinions that the webmasters can't even prove.

The only "official" sites would be the UGLE, and the Supreme Council, and these would not be relevant to all, for example the Supreme Council Northern Jurisdiction only applies to these states:

Maine
New Hampshire
Vermont
Massachusetts
Rhode Island
Connecticut
New York
New Jersey
Pennsylvania
Delaware
Ohio
Michigan
Indiana
Illinois
Wisconsin

Compared to the Scottish Rite Southern Jurisdiction this is a small governing body (the SRSJ encompasses a most of the U.S. and a great part of the world, but in many countries, i.e. Canada, they have their own Jurisdiction/Rite). To be "official" a site must be maintained by a duly authorized representative (by a Grand Lodge or other Concordant/Appendant Body) and this will only be relevant to your location, as I am traveling currently, I am now Masonically under the Jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge of Ohio, and subject to their Constitution, Edicts, and Bylaws while here, regardless of what my home Grand Lodge (New Mexico) may maintain on a particular point or subject. In other words it's just not that simple. Monkey out.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
The only "official" sites would be the UGLE, and the Supreme Council...

Most US Grand Lodges have their own official sites. You can locate them by typing "Grand Lodge", and then your state into your browser.

Fiat Lvx.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I was speaking of Infinite's list, there are a number of applicable of official sites, one of my favorites.

posted on Jun, 26 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
"What do they do?"

Hehe .. they definitely stick together ... as demonstrated here ... LOLZ

[edit on 26-6-2004 by OLMGITNHFTWS]

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
From what I've seen, they do alot of good in the community. I'm originally from Ohio, and the Shriners contribute a great deal, especially towards children's medical needs (burn centers,ect.). In my opinion, the only thing secretive about them are thier rituals, which is understandable. Although I'm not a Mason, I've been around enough of them to know that thier top priority, is not world domination.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLMGITNHFTWS
"What do they do?"

And why not? People with like interests do tend to stick together. After all, freemasonry is a brotherhood. YOu may have noted they often address each other "Brother"?
In much the same way as malcontents gravitate towards each other, but in a non-positive manner.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Gosh, thank you DTOM.

We try to be honorable men of integrity, meeting and parting on the square acting on the level and uprightly before god and man...

pretty simple... until you try to do it with every breath... but then, that's the goal... to do this with every breath and action.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by theron dunn
pretty simple... until you try to do it with every breath... but then, that's the goal... to do this with every breath and action.

YES! That is exactly it, that is one of the central tenants of Freemasonry. Shooting for a moral goal which you are sure is beyond what you can possibly do, and then living that morality, with every fibre of your being.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by OLMGITNHFTWS
"What do they do?"

And why not? People with like interests do tend to stick together. After all, freemasonry is a brotherhood. YOu may have noted they often address each other "Brother"?
In much the same way as malcontents gravitate towards each other, but in a non-positive manner.

Hey don't get me wrong. I am aware of at least some historical events where this unique brotherhood have (or at least there is strong evidence) brought us freedom, among other things. Like the peasants revolt of 1381 for example where the abolition of serfdom took place. However, one hopes that such ability is never misguided, as it can be hard to tell, from any perspective, just what is going on within the mystery that is masonry. It doesnt help that the Pope doesnt like you guys either, but I aint gonna stick up for the catholic church so whatever.

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Oh man you guys are all party poopers.

Really, I've tried convincing those "anti-masons" for years of the goodness of the craft, they just don't listen.

My suggestion when someone asks what a Mason is or what they "really" do (if they are anti-masons, if they seriously want to know is another story)

I think you should just respond.

"Yep, I'm a vampiric reptilian that survives on the blood of human babies, BLARRR!"

Just a suggestion

posted on Jun, 27 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
I think you should just respond.

"Yep, I'm a vampiric reptilian that survives on the blood of human babies, BLARRR!"

Too many ppl would believe you

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join