It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass insanity on ATS?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by tim3lord

tim3lord it looks to me like ATS reaps what it sows. a site that tries to cater to everyone will fall short in service to everyone. since some unusual topicality is common fare the nut case magnet factor automatically increases.

site moderation is a key offense IMHO. a proactive format where mods cull unwanted OP's that are flamers/trolls, batshiat crazy or often repeated - if the unwanted never made it to the Wall the site would take on a different flavor.

i've been here a short time. we are made well aware there are many rules for this site. no matter, i see both noobs and seasoned members sometimes making post contributions that serve more to insult someone than they do to discuss the topic.

it also occurs to me that the high number of OP's that link to trash sources like The Daily Mail help to bring this site down to street curb level, which is just sad.

as for mass insanity, that is simply the theme song of modern civilized man. we live on a planet dominated by truly disturbed people with a hidden agenda so important to them that they gladly enslave countries resources and labor pools at whatever the cost. the wars, the crime, the lying scumbag politicians, the organized religions, etcetera - there is little sanity in our lives.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger
Mass insanity on ATS!?
Sorry, I've been out time traveling to 1928 with the aliens I met during the invasion last week.
Sad to say, but ATS should be named "I'll believe anything online especially on You tube".
While people pretend it's some ultra serious site ( the government is monitoring us!), it's just another online diversion. Created and maintained to sell advertising.
NOT that there's anything wrong with that. I wish I would have thought of it. But that IS what ATS is.
It thrives because people are incapable of figuring that out.

Here is something there is no shortage of. Cocksure people who confuse personal opinions with proven facts.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
In any library the choice of what one reads lies with ones self
so do the complaints if the selection sucks

Maybe so. But im not harassed at the door with crowds of idiots yelling and screaming about the end of the world because someone in the group had a dream about it. The analogy you use is incomplete.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries
reply to post by tim3lord

as for mass insanity, that is simply the theme song of modern civilized man. we live on a planet dominated by truly disturbed people with a hidden agenda so important to them that they gladly enslave countries resources and labor pools at whatever the cost. the wars, the crime, the lying scumbag politicians, the organized religions, etcetera - there is little sanity in our lives.

I couldn't agree more, I expect a major fracturing of society if people dont realize that we are drifting further apart. Time will tell i suppose.

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join