It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New here for one reason, I need opinions on these pictures.. everyone tells me one thing

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCar

wow!! that is excatly what it looks like when I zoom in on my phone, not in the pictures I posted because the resolution sucks...
it looks like a human/stick figure/person you would see on a rest room sign

if you were to see the original, there are a lot more details, and its not dirt because in the picture on my phone when I zoom I can clearly see metal-something shining off the specs

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
As was stated earlier the sensor gets an overide in the sun. TOO BRIGHT for the camera

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

if thats the case.. why is that when i take other pictures directly of the sun, i do not get the same black specs

i take a picture of the sky almost everyday especially when I have direct sunlight, and I even zoom, no black specs.. so I am assuming that the sensor is not the case

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
My friend,

Originally posted by Paramatman
if thats the case.. why is that when i take other pictures directly of the sun, i do not get the same black specs

A camera's sensor is very sensitive to light and indeed heat. These are both dependent on the heat of the sun [time of day] and heat of the sensor. The sensor can show defects if it has not adjusted to the enviroment tempeture ie: taken out of a pocket/backpack where it is warm and shooting in cool/cold weather - and visa versa - taken out of say a car where it may be colder and shooting in warmer weather.

The intensity of the sun plays a huge factor when doing photography. Shooting INTO the sun can create all kinds of defects, and in some cases doesnt show all the time, as ive explained in the paragraph above.

i take a picture of the sky almost everyday especially when I have direct sunlight

Again, as per my decription in above paragraph

and I even zoom, no black specs..

A wide angle lense [18mm] will show more defects than say a zoom lense of 200mm. A good example of this is seen when photographing monkeys in an enclosure with a high fence. If you have a wide angle lense and take a picture of the monkeys you will, obviously, have the wire fence in the shot. However, with a zoom lense the fence will not be visable in the image.

Another example, If I have a few dust spots on my 18-200mm lense and take a landscape shot at the widest setting [18mm], the dust spots will show up. If I zoom in to 200mm, the dust spots will not be visable.

so I am assuming that the sensor is not the case

So I am Presuming the sensor is the case

Without having the original image to few it blown up, I can only presume it is the sensor from the images you have provided. Having said that, I would then presume the original will show dirt on the lense [which can show at various light/heat] and with owning a BB curve my self, and experiencing defects such as yours, I believe you have not captured any SKY anomoly.....sorry

I hope this helps some? But you may not want to take my word here, best you study some to reach your own conclusion. Please dont limit yourself to just one way of thinking, and thinking you have captured something without researching it yourself.

Be safe be well, and happy hunting

Spiro

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join